Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Assorted errors even after reinstall?
Assorted errors even after reinstall?
2011-06-28, 10:54 AM #1
EDIT:
Sorry about this post, I fixed the error - a single-character typo in a custom .shader file ruined everything and cost me an hour of troubleshooting. :D

Hi guys,
I figure this is a valid use of this forum, given I'm pretty confident the problem is related to something I did. The only file I've changed in the base folder is shaders.txt, but I've added effects, textures, shaders, and of course maps. So after compiling this map I'm working on, firing up JA I get this:

Also when I load any map, I get a huge assortment of Can't load shader errors. I've tried reinstalling, re-patching, even removing everything I created from the base folder, wiping out preferences/saves and reinstalling/patching. Nothing's working. This change occurred randomly after adding textures/shaders and compiling a map. All my changes to the base folder are now nullified, but the error persists. Any clues?

Edit: same is true in safemode.[/SIZE]
2011-06-28, 1:36 PM #2
Let me guess, a missing bracket? :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-06-30, 2:25 PM #3
Maybe...? <.< In my defense, there are no intellisense warnings in Notepad++. Without autocomplete I'd still be working on my Hello World, so it's no wonder I missed a bracket. I can see I'll never work for NORAD. :P
2011-07-10, 3:41 PM #4
Whoa, amazing web blog style! How much time have you been running a blog for? you make operating a blog appear simple. The complete look of your site is very good, as well as your content! gbg leads
gbg business opportunity gbg mlm

↑ Up to the top!