Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → CRY (RTCW:ET)
CRY (RTCW:ET)
2004-01-23, 1:22 AM #1
ive just bouhgt enemy teritory the wolfenstien and wolfenstien 3D work fine buit on Enemy territory it gets as far as the end of the developer logos and then becoms very laggy/low frame rate on the menus my comp has the minimum system requirements but it just aint working

Any Help Plz

------------------
stop talking in brail

300 years as jedi master i was, now i bloody night-lite

(:-) Monobrow
2004-01-23, 3:24 AM #2
Errr... Am I missing some crucial fact or did you actually buy Enemy Territories? It's a completely free game.

Anyhow, Try looking here:

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=UF7-J52h&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_prod_lvl1=%7Eany%7E&p_prod_lvl2=%7Eany%7E&p_search_text=enemy+t erritory&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=3&p_sort_by=dflt

and if they don't have an answer, ask them.

[This message has been edited by Daeron the Nerfherder (edited January 23, 2004).]
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-01-23, 3:37 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daeron the Nerfherder:
Errr... Am I missing some crucial fact or did you actually buy Enemy Territories? It's a completely free game.
</font>

i just found this out so im takin the thing back n gettin a refund (makes up excuse) but thx for the info

------------------
stop talking in brail

2004-01-23, 6:24 AM #4
They released a RTCW + ET combo a while ago, that's what he's probobly takling about Daeron the Nerfherder.

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-01-23, 9:12 AM #5
thats tha ting a majig but i only bought it for ET i already had RTCW [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] i feel like such a n00b
but i sold it to a local games exchange for a profit

------------------
stop talking in brail

[This message has been edited by sum1givusaname (edited January 23, 2004).]
2004-01-23, 9:41 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by matrixhacker:
They released a RTCW + ET combo a while ago, that's what he's probobly takling about Daeron the Nerfherder.

</font>

yeah... RTCW platinum edition

which is a whole $10 more than the GotY edition was (good luck finding a new copy of GotY anymore) and all the is new in the platinum pack is ET

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-01-23, 9:43 AM #7
[my useless two cents]
Isn't this topic in all caps?
[/my useless two cents]

------------------
Interesting Fact: Ivan the Terrible ordered an elephant executed because it failed to bow for him.
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-01-23, 9:49 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobafett765:
[my useless two cents]
Isn't this topic in all caps?
[/my useless two cents]

</font>

Die. The moderators have eyes you know. Why on earth do you care? Go do something useful, like stirring a pot of water.

As far as the topic goes, I have the same problem with ET. Wolf runs fine, perfect, ect, ect. Full d day map, max quality, smooth as it can be. However, ET... it chugs more than runs. With no one in the game. On the same high settings though. Dunno why, system reqs are the same right?

------------------
KDY-The Friendly Star Destroyer People
KDY-The Friendly Star Destroyer People
2004-01-23, 9:52 AM #9
ive just been relibly informed my graphics card aint 32mb darn [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
oh well time for an upgrade

It should still get on to the menu with a
16mb card tho?

------------------
stop talking in brail

2004-01-23, 10:02 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord_Kuat:
system reqs are the same right?

</font>

no... ET requires a faster processor (i think it's 600MHz instead of the 400MHz RTCW requirement) and i think more ram/more video memory

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-01-23, 10:32 AM #11
all the system requirement have increased some more than others but it does need a
32 mb graphics card

------------------
stop talking in brail

2004-01-23, 10:36 AM #12
If you're still trying to chug along on a 16 MB card, you really need an upgrade, badly.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 10:36 AM #13
Quote:
Die. The moderators have eyes you know. Why on earth do you care? Go do something useful, like stirring a pot of water.

As far as the topic goes, I have the same problem with ET. Wolf runs fine, perfect, ect, ect. Full d day map, max quality, smooth as it can be. However, ET... it chugs more than runs. With no one in the game. On the same high settings though. Dunno why, system reqs are the same right?

</font>

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH THE TOPIC IS ALL IN CAPS! THE TOPIC IS ALL IN CAPS! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE THE CAPS LOCK OFF! MY TOPICS ALL IN CAPS!

*dances around for a few minutes and goes back to being sad*

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-23, 10:59 AM #14
ET sometimes chugs for ME, and ive got a 9800 pro, 512 mb ram, and a 1.5 ghz... but maybe thats just the internet lag [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-01-23, 12:08 PM #15
Quote:

</font>

Ironic that the same thing could be said about your post. And mine. And so on and so forth. Gotta love recursion. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-01-23, 12:46 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
If you're still trying to chug along on a 16 MB card, you really need an upgrade, badly.

</font>

Yeah. You can pick up a cheap 64 mb'er for what.. 50 bucks tops.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-01-23, 12:47 PM #17
At most for sure

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 12:55 PM #18
I read this thread as Crytec..bummer.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-23, 1:09 PM #19
The hottest technology in the refrigeration world:
http://crytec.biz/

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
Applecore scowled. "What does that mean, 'real'? Amn't I real, you? If you cut me, do I not bleed? If you piss me off, will I not kick you up the arse?" -War of the Flowers
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-01-24, 2:05 AM #20
im runnining the game on me mums computor and it runs fine

<note to self> hijack mums computor

------------------
stop talking in brail

2004-01-24, 5:55 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:

</font>

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
JA is awesome!
Corrupted Paths, my WIP for JA. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."

↑ Up to the top!