Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → DVDs won't play....
DVDs won't play....
2004-01-23, 7:08 PM #1
yea getting this odd software protection error when i try to play any dvds. Just formated about 4 days ago.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
2004-01-23, 7:11 PM #2
Specific error message?

It could be the usual one....that being some software DVD players won't play some DVDs if tv-out is enabled on your video card.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-01-23, 7:18 PM #3
"Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed"
"A problem occurred with digital copyright protection"

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
2004-01-23, 7:27 PM #4
Googled the error message but it pops up a lot of different stuff for various software players. Is this PowerDVD?

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-01-24, 6:01 AM #5
Are you by any chance using a GF4 Ti 4600 (or 4200-4400-4800 for that matter) with the latest drivers (version 5x.xx something these days)? Then THERE is your poblem! The 5x.xx Series of drivers is known to causes similar playback error messages with any card older than a Ti 4600... But if not... then ill have to do some thinking...

Oh, and give up on getting any help from PowerDVD, if that is the software you are using, they are about as usless as a condom in a lesbian bar...

------------------
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”

[This message has been edited by West Wind (edited January 24, 2004).]
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2004-01-24, 6:09 AM #6
I've been using StatStorm's 53.03X drivers, which are NVidias latests, but with some tweaks. I don't get the error message with PowerDVD. I would try StarStorms, they are really worth it.

Get em at www.guru3d.com

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-01-24, 12:25 PM #7
That's an easy one. Your DVD drive has not been set to any particular region and the DVD you're trying to play is region locked.

You need to dig out the software that came with your DVD drive to set it.

Raynar
Pagewizard_YKS: "making your own lightsaber doesn't make you a nerd... "
Raynar - the man with a 10.75" ePenis
2004-01-24, 12:33 PM #8
restarted my computer problem solved!

(sorry for the long repsonse time [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif])

------------------
Quote:

↑ Up to the top!