Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → KotOR problem. . .**SPOILERS**
KotOR problem. . .**SPOILERS**
2004-01-24, 7:13 AM #1
Alright, I may have just screwed myself over on this one but here goes.

If you've played through the game, and have taken the dark side path, you know that there's a point on the "Nameless World" where you turn on your party and have to kill Zaalbar and Mission. Well, I never used the two of them. I always had Canderous and HK-47 along with me. But back on Taris I was stuck and used the invulnerability cheat. And they were made invulnerable by it.

What I'm getting at is this: they are still invulnerable. So when I have to fight them, I have to turn the cheat on, and it becomes a neverending battle of EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!

Anyone know how I can edit the characters in the save file to make them un-invulnerable?

------------------
I think everyone should have to take a test to determine their eligibility to have children. If they failed, they'd be fixed. We'd have fewer stupid people that way.
2004-01-24, 7:16 AM #2
Do you have any old save points you could load up and then take them on your party?

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-24, 7:31 AM #3
this problem has come up on the bioware forums....unless you have a previous save game to fall back on "before" you made them invulnerable, haven't got much hope....

how did you get stuck on Taris?...its pretty easy, just use grenads alot, were you trying not to lvl.up or something....i've completed taris on lvl4, going to try not to go past lvl 3 next time, gives you much more powerful jedi character at the end...better AC, better defense..etc..etc...

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots website

[This message has been edited by James Bond (edited January 24, 2004).]
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2004-01-24, 7:35 AM #4
Hi Destrroyer. Long time no see. What have you been up to lately? Heck, do you even remember me? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Yeah, due to the complexity of the game, a lot of situations are being found where its inpossible to get any farther. Your only option most likely is to use an old savegame file, or start over.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-01-24, 7:41 AM #5
No. . .no save points. Oh well, I guess I'll just start over. How did I get stuck? I forget, to be honest. Oh well.

DSettahr, yes, I do actually remember you. IM me sometime or something. . .I just IMed you my new screen name.

------------------
I think everyone should have to take a test to determine their eligibility to have children. If they failed, they'd be fixed. We'd have fewer stupid people that way.
2004-01-24, 2:34 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by James Bond:
how did you get stuck on Taris?...its pretty easy, just use grenads alot, were you trying not to lvl.up or something....i've completed taris on lvl4, going to try not to go past lvl 3 next time, gives you much more powerful jedi character at the end...better AC, better defense..etc..etc...

</font>

For me, that's debateable. I usually like my character(which is usually a scout or soldier to get to level 8 so I can get some extra feats(or which translates to implant feats for the scout).

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-01-24, 2:36 PM #7
Also, Destroyer, did you turn on invulnerablility because of the rancor?

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-01-24, 2:56 PM #8
No, wasn't the rancor. It was at the end, now that I think about it. In that guy's base. . .um. . .Davik, right? Anywho, a mass of bounty hunters always destroyed me. So I used it there. *sigh*

------------------
2004-01-24, 2:57 PM #9
I didn't have the heart to go on the path of the dark side.. I started the game able to bear it, and got a whole bunch of dark side points, but when I joined the Sith Academy and came upon the student who was unsure about becoming a Sith, it struck a nerve and I convinced him to become a jedi. It gave me a light side point and I've been atoning ever since. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!