Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This makes me sad...
This makes me sad...
2003-12-05, 2:20 PM #1
People will actually fall for this:
http://ad1.zendmedia.com/ad-spy_hdc.php?id=start6

Somehow it got set as my homepage.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2003-12-05, 2:23 PM #2
"You are in Los Angeles, United States"

HA! I live in Riverside, CA, not LA! How lame that they really thought their code is accurate!

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2003-12-05, 2:26 PM #3
They missed me with about ten miles.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2003-12-05, 2:27 PM #4
"You are in Lynn Haven, United States "
WRONG! That is seriously pathetic.
Oberfeldwebel says: ..... You are the epitome of idiocy.
2003-12-05, 2:29 PM #5
You are in Mandeville, United States

Too bad I UST to live there -_-

------------------
Gamers forced into direct sun light for first time burst into flames.
2003-12-05, 2:47 PM #6
Missed me by about 25 miles. lmfao

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2003-12-05, 3:18 PM #7
Holy s***, I just had a heart attack; as my CD drive is really stiff. It just suddenly shot out and lauched a CD at me.

MY COMPUTER IS NOT SAFE

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-05, 3:33 PM #8
Wait a minute. Does it eject the CD only once? Because I tested that site with two browsers (IE and Firebird) and it didn't eject for Firebird [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-05, 3:37 PM #9
O_o a CD was spat from my computer. wtf? Those hackware sons of *****es! *grabs some pitchforks and pieces of wood on fire* Mob!

------------------
Man: Baby, I've been sleeping with your sister.
Woman: *gasp* Well, which one?
Man: All of them.
Woman: *gasp* Well, I've been sleeping with your best friend Jake!
Man: Yeah, well me too! And I've been sleeping with your dog Woofy!
Woman: Woofy?! You *****! Well, I'm also sleeping with your pet goat!
Man: That goat doesn't love you.............
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-05, 3:42 PM #10
* If your CD-ROM drive just ejected

* If a big "PRESS ENTER" page just popped up and took over your WHOLE screen when you click HERE

* If a program on YOUR OWN computer LAUNCHES when you click HERE!

* If a file from YOUR OWN computer can BE OPENED when you click HERE! (It should open c:\windows\win.ini as an example)

* If YOUR OWN hard drive directory can be accessed from ANY WEB BROWSER. Click HERE to test.

Firebird is immune to all but the last, because the last one is a feature. The one before it would work also, but they used the wrong format for Firebird. The CD-Rom drive is because of an ActiveX insecurity concerning Windows Media Player and IE. Thus, only applies to IE, because Firebird doesn't come with ActiveX controls.

The second one is a popup, which of course wouldn't work on Firebird. The third one doesn't work either, because Firebird defaults to opening files it can read in itself, before opening external players. (Also requires correct mime-types.)

Oh, and beat GBK to it! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-12-05, 4:04 PM #11
Said I lived in Brampton... that's where my Internet is routed through, not where I live. Ph00bs

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-05, 4:16 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
* If your CD-ROM drive just ejected

* If a big "PRESS ENTER" page just popped up and took over your WHOLE screen when you click HERE

* If a program on YOUR OWN computer LAUNCHES when you click HERE!

* If a file from YOUR OWN computer can BE OPENED when you click HERE! (It should open c:\windows\win.ini as an example)

* If YOUR OWN hard drive directory can be accessed from ANY WEB BROWSER. Click HERE to test.

Firebird is immune to all but the last, because the last one is a feature. The one before it would work also, but they used the wrong format for Firebird. The CD-Rom drive is because of an ActiveX insecurity concerning Windows Media Player and IE. Thus, only applies to IE, because Firebird doesn't come with ActiveX controls.

The second one is a popup, which of course wouldn't work on Firebird. The third one doesn't work either, because Firebird defaults to opening files it can read in itself, before opening external players. (Also requires correct mime-types.)

Oh, and beat GBK to it! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

change that all to opera and you've got my experience. poor, poor, gullible people who still use IE. i pity them. (PS i dont mean people using IE are gullible, jsut that there are people on IE that will fall for this)

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2003-12-05, 4:31 PM #13
Thats funny...

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-12-05, 4:32 PM #14
LOL!

It said:

You are in,

heheheheheh.

------------------
Eat the pudding.
2003-12-05, 4:57 PM #15
Windows 2000 is Your Operating System
You are in AOL, United States

blocked popups: 1

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-05, 5:02 PM #16
hahahaha! they're off by about 100miles [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
but Wichita is the headquarters of Cox in my area of the country...

that's an amusing ad... those are almost as good as the ones which are "disguised" as windows error messages [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support."
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2003-12-05, 5:48 PM #17
yeah missed me by about four miles. heh.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2003-12-05, 5:52 PM #18
OH NO!!! My computer is danger!!! HELP!!!

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-05, 5:57 PM #19
The location thing is nothing compared to what follows.

Oh no! Clicking a .txt file opened notepad! That means they can open all my programs!!!!

Oh no! A browser that is integrated with windows opened a program in the C:/ directory!
And I can access my hard drive with it!

And then there's the "buy these programs to give SPIES the one-two punch they deserve!"

Spy: *limps in pain* the user just installed a program that may or may not prevent me from monitoring their internet activities!
*reels from another blow* God no! Not a program that lets them delete data from their hard drive!

------------------
All you need is love.
2003-12-06, 2:22 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You are in Vamdrup, Denmark.</font>

Not even near it!
2003-12-06, 2:28 AM #21
Apparently Im in Woodbridge, United States... Where is Woodbridge, United States?

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-06, 2:41 AM #22
Uh-oh, Yoda my Cd-drive got stiff to and them poped out without me pushing the button or click "eject" and it was also right about where I live, Chicago Il, well I live about and hour away from there but close enough, I am being hunted?

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2003-12-06, 3:57 AM #23
What am I missing?

------------------
Archeologists near Mount Sinai have discovered what is believed to be a missing page from the Bible. The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn. If genuine, it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental." The page has been universally condemned by church leaders.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-06, 4:04 AM #24
That was ammsuing...

the thing about opening the C drive from the internet... thats funny... cause it's not they they just made a link to the default drive on 90% of all computers... I made the same thing hyappen when i was making websites and I tested them on the computer first, then uploaded them and forgot to change some links and they opened up my C drive folders and looked in the images directory, on anyone elses computer they would get a 404 error

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2003-12-06, 4:06 AM #25
off by about 10 miles

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-06, 5:42 AM #26
Missed me by over 100km. It said I was in Windsor. Detroit is right accross the river from Windsor for anyone that isn't sure where Windsor is.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2003-12-06, 5:56 AM #27
I think the whole location thing is where the ISP is located.
Mine says St. Paul, Minnesota but I live in Eagan. It's not far though, and St. Paul and Minneapolis are the two major cities that I live close to.

------------------
All you need is love.
2003-12-06, 6:03 AM #28
My CD drive didn't open! Ha! And I don't live in Lowell... (Thank Goodness...)

------------------
"With Great power comes great Responibility. Seems like the converse should be true as well. Now where the heck is my great Power?"
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2003-12-06, 6:06 AM #29
After checking the source code, it looks like they got the tools to find your location here: http://www.geobytes.com/

Dear God. Check out the demo on that site. The women are all portrayed in a sexist manner. They looks like freaks, especially Ms. San Fransisco.
------------------
All you need is love.

[This message has been edited by dry gear the frog (edited December 06, 2003).]
2003-12-06, 6:25 AM #30
Are they allowed to do this?
They have a 'test' for your comps security. Click here and if your hard drives directory shows up, you're vulnerable.

That's misleading. Any browser will look in your c directory if you ask it to.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2003-12-06, 7:50 AM #31
"You are in Chester, United Kingdom"

Wrong country and 500km or so away...

Do I win a prize for the lowest accuracy?
2003-12-06, 7:58 AM #32
You are in Saint Paul, United States

not even close

------------------
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm a schizophrenic
and so am I
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2003-12-06, 10:22 AM #33
"You are in Norman, United States"

Should've just said Tulsa, they would've been much much much closer.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-12-06, 10:29 AM #34
Am I the only one who doesn't see a link in that post? Here's what I see:

[http://cygnusx.cjb.net/Misc/uh.jpg]

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2003-12-06, 10:31 AM #35
yes [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2003-12-06, 10:34 AM #36
I don't see anything either!

------------------
Archeologists near Mount Sinai have discovered what is believed to be a missing page from the Bible. The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn. If genuine, it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental." The page has been universally condemned by church leaders.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-06, 10:42 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Did you know... that your computer is spying on you? Did you know for example that every click you make on Windows Start Menu is logged and stored permanently on a hidden encrypted database within your own computer?</font>

Heh, thats kinda funny . . cause . .you know . . I dont have a Windows Start Menu... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-06, 11:52 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RotM_igotissues:
You are in Saint Paul, United States

not even close
</font>

You too? What city do you live in?

Here's the link again, maybe it'll work for everyone this time... http://ad1.zendmedia.com/ad-spy_hdc.php?id=start6

------------------
All you need is love.
2003-12-06, 1:18 PM #39
Code:
<BR>
You too? What city do you live in?
<P>
Here's the link again, maybe it'll work for everyone this time...   
<P>
<P>
------------------
<BR>
All you need is love.

Is this a joke I'm failing to grasp? There is definitely no link there.

------------------
2003-12-06, 1:29 PM #40
10 miles seems pretty good to me, mine was about 450 miles off

------------------
Life and death are equally jests
-Poe
Cyclops was right

↑ Up to the top!