Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Episode III leaked footage (no joke)
Episode III leaked footage (no joke)
2004-01-24, 3:43 PM #1
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1371/news?item_id=3338937

I have it on my PC now saved, and it has parts of Hayden Christensen fighting, with his mullet hair cut.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-01-24, 3:47 PM #2
Downloading now. I'm debating whether or not to see it.. Do you think it's actual leaked footage? Or is it fan quality?

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-01-24, 3:48 PM #3
Its just behind the scenes. Not really film footage.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-24, 3:50 PM #4
Um... yeah. Well that was thoroughly disappointing.

I like how the "set" consists of a big green screen, and maybe a wall or two if you're lucky. Why not just replace all the actors with computer animation too?

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-01-24, 3:59 PM #5
Because the way GL wants it isnt possible to do in real life.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-01-24, 4:05 PM #6
Of course he can do it. He just has to be smart about it. Just look at LotR.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.
2004-01-24, 4:07 PM #7
Vinny, there were a lot of scenes that were just a rock and then everything else is a green screen in LOTR. A whole lot more are just all CG. This looks as if it could be final duel between them, so it takes place near lava, which is something that actors arent gonna just run next to.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited January 24, 2004).]
2004-01-24, 4:12 PM #8
Bah, I still think Lucas is a fubnut.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.
2004-01-24, 4:27 PM #9
Vincent, yet, even if EP3 came out and it was just Lucas standing there on screen flipping them audience off for 2 and a half hours, it'd still make $300 million.

------------------
2004-01-24, 4:28 PM #10
Maybe, just maybe, Lucas will make a quality film.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-24, 4:36 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
Vinny, there were a lot of scenes that were just a rock and then everything else is a green screen in LOTR. A whole lot more are just all CG.</font>

I suggest you watch the EE features a bit more closely. The LotR crew built Hobbiton, Edoras, and a life sized replica of Helm's Deep. All Lucas is trying to build is a better actor.
2004-01-24, 11:03 PM #12
... The saber scenes look awesome
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-01-24, 11:23 PM #13
Not everything is CG. All of the apartment scenes on Coruscant were fully constructed. The Naboo palace is an actual place, the Geonosian arena is a "bigature" touched up a little bit in the computer. The homestead was built, with one or two blue screen windows. For The Phantom Menace, they built their own town for Mos Espa, and created each and every podracer. The only environments that are really CG are those that are simply so unearth-like, it would be insanely expensive to build them, and make them convincing.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-01-25, 2:04 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
... The saber scenes look awesome</font>

They sure do. I can't wait to see the duels in a cinema.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-01-25, 2:11 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THRAWN:
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1371/news?item_id=3338937

I have it on my PC now saved, and it has parts of Hayden Christensen fighting, with his mullet hair cut.

</font>

mul·let See Billy Ray Cyrus.
2004-01-25, 3:14 AM #16
Wow, Hayden Christensen actually looks really good and evil. Well done George! And the saber fights look awesome.

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2004-01-25, 12:09 PM #17
HothRebel, I know what a mullet is, I was making a joke [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] I use to work with a guy who had a mullet so round, it was scary.

Take your pointer finger and thumb, point the pointer up (like a gun hand) on both hands, put the thumbs together touching the tip and that was his mullet shape.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!