Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Golden Globes
Golden Globes
2004-01-25, 3:31 PM #1
Talk

RotK won 2 so far. best score. best song

Angry PotC didn’t even get nominated for best score. It was REALLY good memorable music. Johnny Depp lost best Comedy Actor Guy in a Movie Thing.. Bill Murray won. /cry cry

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited January 25, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-25, 3:32 PM #2
Meh. Golden Globes, whatever. I don't put much into award shows.

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: The Forgotten Relic
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-01-25, 3:32 PM #3
Who won/ going to win best director?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-25, 3:33 PM #4
Dunno yet. Beter be Jackson.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-25, 4:11 PM #5
w00 Jackson won! RotK is 3 for 3.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
2004-01-25, 4:55 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:

Angry PotC didn’t even get nominated for best score. It was REALLY good memorable music.
</font>

I'm not, if you listen closely, Hans Zimmer used a lot of the same themes from Gladiator. Unfortunaly, he's struck again with these same themes in another upcoming movie called "Troy". In my opinion, he would only deserve to be nominated if he had come up with something new and not reused some of the same themes.
sigs are fun stuff
2004-01-25, 4:58 PM #7
Vedder should have won, but he hates award shows, and award shows hate him, so its cool.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-01-25, 4:58 PM #8
RotK wins best picture. It won all 4 Golden Globes it was nominated for w00t w00t!

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

2004-01-25, 5:00 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I'm not, if you listen closely, Hans Zimmer used a lot of the same themes from Gladiator. Unfortunaly, he's struck again with these same themes in another upcoming movie called "Troy". In my opinion, he would only deserve to be nominated if he had come up with something new and not reused some of the same themes.</font>

I typed this up to prove you all wrong.

“Pirates is nothing more then a rehash of Gladiator”

"By far the most controversial score of the year (indeed, the most
controversial since Gladiator) is Pirates of the Caribbean."

For those of you people that say Klaus Badelt ripped-off Gladiators music for Pirates of the Caribbean, I agree! How could Klaus even THINK of stealing his OWN music! That’s right, Klaus Badelt did the music for Pirates of the Caribbean, but he also did a few songs for Gladiator. His name never shows up in the credits due to the fact that he wasn’t the composer, he just created a few bits of additional music for the film. At about nine minutes into Gladiator, you will notice one song that is the EXACT same as in Pirates of the Caribbean! Pirates of the Caribbean’s music is not a rip-off of Gladiators! Klaus made them both, and he must of liked that one song he made in Gladiator so much that he made it into another movies theme three years later!

Besides it was only a two min. clip or so. I think it was briliant that he turned a few short segments into the entire score of a movie. The music is great, memorable, better then Gladiator and it just stays with you, it's brilliant. Klaus deserved atleast a nomination. (Hans Zimmer didn't do the music for PotC, twas Klaus Badelt, as I said above.) Klaus Badelt needs to be given an award for makeing such great music.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

2004-01-25, 5:05 PM #10
LOTR ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!! Now onto the Oscars

------------------
Come on, shake the Nub,..... you know you want to.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!

↑ Up to the top!