Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hybrid Theory or Meteora?
Hybrid Theory or Meteora?
2003-12-05, 5:06 PM #1
For those of you that enjoy Linkin Park, which CD of theirs do you like better? Even there are a few songs on Meteora that are easily my most favorite songs yet, over all, I like Hybrid Theory better(especially since my "version" has My December and High Voltage on it).

------------------
Man: Baby, I've been sleeping with your sister.
Woman: *gasp* Well, which one?
Man: All of them.
Woman: *gasp* Well, I've been sleeping with your best friend Jake!
Man: Yeah, well me too! And I've been sleeping with your dog Woofy!
Woman: Woofy?! You *****! Well, I'm also sleeping with your pet goat!
Man: That goat doesn't love you.............
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-05, 5:08 PM #2
I haven't listened to Meteora as much as Hybrid Theory so I can't really say which one I like better. I like songs from each, so I guess it's a toss up

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-05, 5:10 PM #3
not really much of an LP fan. Used to like them. i haven't listened to music w/ lyrics in it for.... several months now.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-05, 5:12 PM #4
I would go with Hybrid Theory. Don't know the group that well, but I've heard that Hybrid is the best album.

------------------
^^
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2003-12-05, 5:17 PM #5
I love both Meteora and Hybrid Theory but I think I enjoy Hybrid Theory more.. Feels more intense to me.
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2003-12-05, 5:19 PM #6
Wisconsin Death Trip!

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-12-05, 5:25 PM #7
Concrete!

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-05, 5:28 PM #8
Finding a new definition of pain and suffering while being slowly digested over 1000 years!

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited December 05, 2003).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-05, 5:31 PM #9
It's a toss up for me.

To me, it's interesting how they connect. If you play them back to back (Hybrid Theory then Meteora), it's kinda weird. Hybrid Theory has an upbeat and sort of cocky feel to it, towards the end however, it's like that feeling has worn off and a depression is starting in. Meteora continues to follow that depression down, and then it seems to slowly pull out. For me, the last track, Numb, felt like a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Quite interesting. To me at least.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2003-12-05, 5:39 PM #10
I change my mind, either Spork's, Wisconsin Death Trip, or Shadow Zone.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-12-05, 6:10 PM #11
*obligitory Linkin Park sucks comment*

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2003-12-05, 6:16 PM #12
find yourself a copy of Underground... then get Rare and Unreleased [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
I have all the LP stuff i know of...
Hybrid Theory
Reanimation
Meteora
Underground
Rare and Unreleased
Splitting the DNA (2-disc, 40 tracks [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

my favourites are the older stuff where Mike Shinoda does most/all of the vocals.

Dedicated (a demo track from 1999. on Underground) or Nobody's Listening are probably my favourite songs.

------------------
"Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support."
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2003-12-05, 6:16 PM #13
*obligitory blah to the statement two posts above*

[This message has been edited by Grashopper4232 (edited December 05, 2003).]
sigs are fun stuff
2003-12-05, 6:29 PM #14
take a look in the mirror
or
anthems of rebellion

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2003-12-05, 8:29 PM #15
HYBRID THEORY! (Hey me and you have the same version. I wonder how that happened...)

------------------
"answer to life the universe and everything = 42" - Google calculator
2003-12-06, 2:16 AM #16
Hybrid Theory is slightly better.
2003-12-06, 2:29 AM #17
Pick up a nice Men without hats album instead

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-06, 3:03 AM #18
Hybrid theory has my favourite song of theirs on it (Forgotten) but Meteora has more better (I <3 grammar) songs on it.

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-06, 4:09 AM #19
Hybrid Theory has a handful of good songs, Meteora has 2 (good songs, not handfuls).
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2003-12-06, 5:10 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
Hybrid Theory has a handful of good songs, Meteora has 2 (good songs, not handfuls).</font>

How do you know what he thinks is good [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-06, 5:28 AM #21
uh, he asked for our opinions on what is good... not "tell me what i would think is good" [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support."
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2003-12-06, 5:41 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Pick up a nice Men without hats album instead

</font>

Now that's music.

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2003-12-06, 8:11 AM #23
They both suck so spend your money on something good like a Men Without Hats CD.

O wai

------------------
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words
2003-12-06, 9:24 AM #24
or you could ignore lrod and get Hikaru Utada [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
or Ayumi Hamasaki... *creates a list of sexy japanese singers*
(=

------------------
2003-12-06, 3:20 PM #25
Or you all could stop changing the subject and just tell the man what he wants to know. Not who you think is a better artist or sugest a completely DIFFERENT album.

Seroiusly, stop dissing other people just becuase of musical tastes. It's quite possibly the dumbest thing ever.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2003-12-06, 5:02 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Seroiusly, stop dissing other people just becuase of musical tastes. It's quite possibly the dumbest thing ever.</font>

Thanks. But I didn't see any personal assualts against me because of my music tastes. If that happens, I'll verbal sodomize the ******* with a flaming broomstick. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Man: Baby, I've been sleeping with your sister.
Woman: *gasp* Well, which one?
Man: All of them.
Woman: *gasp* Well, I've been sleeping with your best friend Jake!
Man: Yeah, well me too! And I've been sleeping with your dog Woofy!
Woman: Woofy?! You *****! Well, I'm also sleeping with your pet goat!
Man: That goat doesn't love you.............
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-06, 5:21 PM #27
Buy Linkin park's New Meteora DVD
Linkin Park Live in Texas [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2003-12-06, 6:36 PM #28
Ha ha, sodomize with a flaming boomstick.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2003-12-06, 9:21 PM #29
Linkin Park : music :: arsenic : the human body

------------------
I'll admit to Reactor CTF, Duel Abyss, Duel Turbulent, and even the CCCP, but not Sky High! (my first, be kind!) Ok so maybe I will.
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2003-12-07, 7:44 AM #30
I'd say Hybrid Theory is a better album, that said I listen to Meteora more often.

If I can possibly add my fave tracks:

Pushing Me Away (Hybrid Theory) - Probably my favourite LP song. You may have noticed Numb sounds very similar.

Carousel Demo - Superior to the Hybrid Theory EP version in every way, especially with the bridge.

Dedicated - A brilliant song with producing which betrays its origin as an early Linkin Park song.

Papercut (Hybrid Theory) - This song made me go and buy Hybrid Theory, I was breathless after listening to it the first time.

Stick'n'Move - Technically not a Linkin Park song, this is by Xero, Linkin Park minus Chester plus Mark (taproot's manager). Mike's brilliant vocals compensate for the awfully fuzzy guitar.

I think I should also mention my favourite Grey Daze song (Grey Daze were Chester's old band) is Soul Song, which is worth a listen to especially if you're not a LP fan.

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2003-12-07, 1:58 PM #31
i love meteora, but reanimated is probably the best SFX cd they have, now that i have an awesome car audio system i use reanimated to show off as it has lots of very nice base songs and great trebble stuff [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2003-12-07, 3:45 PM #32
Reanimation sucked BAD with the exception of maybe three songs. And even THOSE weren't that good.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!