Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wow, what a forgiving society we live in...
Wow, what a forgiving society we live in...
2003-12-07, 4:11 AM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/12/07/dead.priest.ap/index.html

------------------
"I'm more neutrally charged than YOU are" - BV
Stuff
2003-12-07, 4:31 AM #2
That sucks...

------------------
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side...

DSettahr's Homepage
2003-12-07, 4:57 AM #3
that is a shame. I mean, the old guy was wrong in what he did. but that is no excuse to kill him.

this whole scandal is just horrible. It is staining the reputation of otherwise lilly-white organizations.

------------------
DUU BistX0rz ein N00b!
DUU BistX0rz ein N00b!
2003-12-07, 5:01 AM #4
The catholic church has never been lilly-white [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Its had its fair share of problems for over 400 years!

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-07, 6:01 AM #5
People don't like pedophiles.
People don't like religion (espically Christianity, and doubly espically catholicism).

It was bound to happen.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-07, 6:34 AM #6
Oh no the Church has always been lily-white... unless you count the BLOOD RED OF THE CRUSADES!
I hate the Church only slightly more than I hate priests which I hate only slightly more than pedophiles, so when you have a pedophile priests... Let's just say I'm glad we have vigilantes.

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-07, 6:37 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikus:
Oh no the Church has always been lily-white... unless you count the BLOOD RED OF THE CRUSADES!
I hate the Church only slightly more than I hate priests which I hate only slightly more than pedophiles, so when you have a pedophile priests... Let's just say I'm glad we have vigilantes.

</font>

I'm no lover of organised religion either.
These bunch of Christians I knew once were sooo nice to me and caring when they thought i was a christian. Once they found out some were'nt too pleasant, apart from Jon. But after he realised he couldn't TURN me into one of them, he stopped bothering too.

Peads suck moreso.

------------------
Even the mightiest of men are crippled by love.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-07, 7:42 AM #8
Got what he deserved.

Took in boys that are supposed to trust him, in all that is good (religion, god), and abused them.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2003-12-07, 7:50 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Evad:
Got what he deserved.

Took in boys that are supposed to trust him, in all that is good (religion, god), and abused them.

</font>

------------------
Get busy living or get busy dying. - Andy Dufresne
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2003-12-07, 7:52 AM #10
Let's not de-rail the thread, people. Keep it on the issue linked to above.

While what the priest did was horrible, I also believe that the people who beat him did a horrible act as well. It probably weakens my argument to such a horrible degree, but the only way I can summon my feelings about it is, "Evil begets evil, Mr. President."

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-07, 7:53 AM #11
Damn straight. Child molestation isn't one of those one time mistakes people make, like shoplifting or hell, even bank robbing. It implies deep emotional disturbance, and it rarely is "easy" to cure. I doubt he made any effort.

[Edit: Not to say that what the people did wasn't wrong. It was, and they deserve to be punished. I'm just saying that the result was favorable.]

[This message has been edited by BobTheMasher (edited December 07, 2003).]
Warhead[97]
2003-12-07, 11:47 AM #12
Who wants to bet that all this wouldnt have been a problem if those uptight prudes let the priests have normal sex? Life long abstinence is not natural or mentally healthy.
2003-12-07, 1:36 PM #13
This is a discussion forum, if we wish to derail the conversation, the conversation gets derailed, thats why I love massassi. Thats why massassi will not derail!!

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-07, 1:48 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Wow, what a forgiving society we live in...</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Pilger pleaded guilty to sexual abuse in 1995 for abusing three altar boys in 1968 and 1969, when he was their pastor in Morganfield in western Kentucky. He was sentenced to five years' probation beginning in January 1995.</font>

I AGREE!!!!!!!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

That guy got off with 5 years of probation!

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2003-12-07, 2:15 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
I AGREE!!!!!!!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

That guy got off with 5 years of probation!

</font>

That's not all he got off with! *zing*

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
People I don't like: FeTT, Pugler
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-07, 3:49 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It implies deep emotional disturbance, and it rarely is "easy" to cure. I doubt he made any effort.</font>

... he's "cured" now.

The ******* got what he deserved. Whether he was a priest or not is irelevant.

Raynar
Pagewizard_YKS: "making your own lightsaber doesn't make you a nerd... "
Raynar - the man with a 10.75" ePenis
2003-12-07, 3:49 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lateralus:
That's not all he got off with! *zing*

</font>

burn.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-07, 3:55 PM #18
Beating someone to death for that is too harsh... but then, the justice system is way too soft. I don't really know what to think of this.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-07, 5:24 PM #19
i had a proffesor who told us about his life in poland where, when they catch a sex-offender, the police take the long way to get to him so a mob has time to beat him to death.
he actually seemed to think it was a good thing.
i don't know, i kind of like this trial thing, and the idea (just an idea) that the average citizen is better than the criminals

------------------
Life and death are equally jests
-Poe
Cyclops was right

↑ Up to the top!