Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Announcement regarding music for those who care...
Announcement regarding music for those who care...
2004-01-21, 7:05 PM #1
Lately, people have been constantly asking me if I've come up with any new music, so I figured I'd just answer here to make things easier. As some of you may know, I've been going through some hard times, and as a result I've been suffering from a severe lack of creativity. So I'm not gonna be making any new stuff for some time. Same goes for my levels and everything else I usually do. I don't know exactly how long it will take me before I can get back into it, so don't set your expectations.

I know some of you have been waiting for me to release an album for some time now. I'm sorry for any frustration I may have caused, and I'm sorry to say I'm going to delay that project even more.

If it weren't for this community, I would've stopped this a long time ago. I've never had much esteem for my own music. I've never really thought it was decent enough, but some of you have conviced me otherwise, and I'm hoping at least half of you aren't lying. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

I'd like to give a big thanks to wolvie and adam (who doesn't visit these boards) for encouraging me from the very begining. I'd also like to thank Kedri (although I doubt he's gonna be reading this) for being the only person on the planet to purchase my first CD, and also for telling me it was good even though both of us know very well that I've ripped him off. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] Same goes for the few of you who have bought my second CD. And also big thanks to vinny for showing me some technical stuff I wouldn't have figured out myself.

If I ever get a grammy, you guys are gonna be in my acceptance speach.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.

[This message has been edited by Flexor (edited January 21, 2004).]
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-01-21, 8:20 PM #2
Ah that kinda sucks, I downloaded one of your latest songs you posted and thought it was a pretty good listening, even though I'm not really into that music genre.

Hope things smoothe up for ya and get back into it your interests, I've seen some of your levels too. They're pretty. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-01-23, 12:59 AM #3
Dude you got a folder on my HD for your sound files...I love some of your stuff. Its not crap at all...WE WANT MORE! MOOORE I TELLS YOU! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum
(I can see your house from up here)
"But he's not going to carry you three" said Death.
"Why not?"
"It's a matter of the look of the thing"
"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it" said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse"

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-01-23, 1:17 AM #4
Aw thats too bad I hope you can get over you creative block soon.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-23, 2:53 AM #5
Couldn't you reflect upon the recent bad times and put it into your music? The greatest music comes from those who write from personal grief and happiness.

But i hope you dish out some more goodies soon, and btw, I'm loaded now, so I can afford any album you want [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif].

------------------
"It was a slap in the face, how quickly I was replaced".
"Do you remember telling me you'd hold me until you died (until you died)... well you're still alive"

"I just love it when you stick your tongue in my brain, darling"
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-01-23, 3:22 AM #6
As a fellow musician and composer, I'll side with Flexor on this.

While you can write some amazing stuff when you're depressed/down from life...

When you're in this situation you don't exactly feel like writing...

I was recently depressed for like 3 months, and pretty much all inspiriation was gone...

I would spend 8 hours in the studio...make this great song and then listen to it and think it was crap, and that I was just wasting my time. Yet now I listen to it and I know its good, when your in that state of mind it can almost be deterring *Some people are different*

I do know though that one day I was able to write a song that was one of my best yet because I was able to express my pain into the music...

So Flexor must reach that point on his own...if the desire comes over him to write music to express what's he going through, he'll do it...but I can understand if he doesn't want too.
2004-01-23, 6:16 AM #7
I had that same problem recently. Basically I wrote one song last February that people thought was amazing and I've been trying to top it ever since and I cant. Sucks. But I have gone into new areas of songwriting that I probably wouldnt have if I wasnt experimenting to find something different.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-01-23, 8:11 PM #8
Don't worry, Flex, everything will get better eventually. Just hang in there.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-01-23, 9:03 PM #9
make a song that is a metaphore to this forum. that might be interesting.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-01-24, 7:37 AM #10
Yeah, only write if you want to and you feel you can. You'll get over it soon. Sometimes a beer helps to get the inspiration going [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

2004-01-24, 11:54 AM #11
Well, honestly dude, I wish I could have the ability to write music, even though I may be able to sing it, I can't get the rhythms just right. What you need to do is make a dark, hellish, everyone's-gonna-die, kinda song. Make a slow bassish beggining with a string chord in a minor key and stuff like that. I hope you can honestly get back on track, even tho I dont know where to find your songs. But I think, that once you get over this state of mind and control your feelings, you can harness the emotion and make breathtaking songs.

Signed by a Wanna-be Composer

------------------
0_o o_0....ur pants fell off.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2004-01-24, 12:01 PM #12
I still want your first and second CD [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] But I never got a chance to buy them.. I think (honestly) That all of your music is top notch. I like it all. It's better then alot of the techno that they sell in stores!

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-24, 12:08 PM #13
They sell techno in stores? I've been living a lie.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-01-24, 1:43 PM #14
lots of it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

/me hugs his Paul O.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-26, 10:49 AM #15
Aoh... that's too bad. I look for your music threads every time I log on to Massassi, which is sadly not much anymore. I was, regretfully, one of the people who asked for new music. Only once, thankfully. Apparently enough to push it off the edge... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
DO NOT WANT.
2004-01-26, 10:53 AM #16
Granted it's not as large as the Rock/Pop section - but then, that envelopes how many genres? - but Best Buy does have a techno/trance section.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!