Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I overdosed on movies this weekend...
I overdosed on movies this weekend...
2004-01-26, 1:03 AM #1
...I watched Cabin Fever, Freddy vs. Jason, and Bruce Almighty.

Cabin Fever was stupid. An excellent beginning, and Director Eli Roth had a lot to go on. He blew it.

Freddy vs. Jason was O.K. Chances are I'll buy that one if I see it on DVD for 10$.

Bruce Almighty was awesome. The moment they showed Bruce controlling the News Anchor, I spewed my pop right out my nose, it was hilarious!

And I still have 28 Days Later to watch yet...

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-01-26, 1:13 AM #2
28 Days Later was a great movie. Didnt really care for the other 3, though.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-01-26, 4:16 AM #3
When did 28 Days Later come out? I still havn't seen it at the local video store. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

I loved Bruce Almighty. I thought it was a really well made movie.

Havn't seen the others you mentioned, however. They both sound pretty stupid from what I've read.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-01-26, 4:23 AM #4
Ages ago. Was out around the same time as League of Extraordinary Gentlemen over here.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-01-26, 4:32 AM #5
You need to see The Butterfly Affect. It was so freeky.

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
*Remnant Temple beta almost done*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-01-26, 7:24 AM #6
Haven't seen Cabin Fever
Freddy vs. Jason was moderately entertaining for what it was
Bruce Almighty was absolutely terrible

28 Days Later was superb! Good thing you saved it for last!

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-01-26, 7:27 AM #7
I loved Bruce Almighty. Movies that I would recommend watching: Memento, Donnie Darko, and Fight Club. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I'd like to see the Butterfly Effect, not sure I'll get the chance too though.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-01-26, 7:28 AM #8
Yay for scary foreign films (well, to the US) !

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-26, 8:11 AM #9
3 movies is hardly an overdose [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-26, 8:20 AM #10
brude almighty was a great movie...
never saw freddy vs jason or 28 days later

fight club is a great movie but an even better one then fight club was boondock saints..if u enjoy random religious killing with a plot..

------------------
Look, Listen, Learn, Live and Lay waste
Look, Listen, Learn, Live and Lay waste
2004-01-26, 8:51 AM #11
I saw "Legends of A Text Editor: When Widgets Attack", then "The Compiler: The Return Of The Dependency Error". They both scared the crap out of me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-01-26, 9:25 AM #12
28 Days Later was in theatres in the US last winter and came out on DVD here in July. I love it. Bought the DVD the first day it was released and just recently got the soundtrack.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-01-26, 10:05 AM #13
28 Days wasn't that great. I couldn't help but laugh at the "infected" people. They too much reminded me of ravers on sugar highs.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-26, 10:31 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
28 Days wasn't that great. I couldn't help but laugh at the "infected" people. They too much reminded me of ravers on sugar highs.

</font>

...that isnt sugar wolfy...

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-26, 12:33 PM #15
Freddy vs. Jason was okay. I rented it expecting very little plot and lots of blood and pointless violence. I just wanted to see someone bleed, and I wasn't disappointed.

One of the best parts had to be when Freddy knocked the steel beams off of the roof and several of them plunged into Jason.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited January 26, 2004).]
2004-01-26, 4:15 PM #16
I liked 28 days latter alot... it had a creepy resident evil undertone to it.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-26, 5:06 PM #17
Want to see 28 Days Later but I just saw Blow on TV, great movie. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-01-26, 5:13 PM #18
Rented "Equilibrium" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back". I wasn't dissapointed with either. Oh, and three movies is hardly an overdose.

------------------
"I'm significant!.... Screamed the speck of dust."
-Calvin
2004-01-26, 5:50 PM #19
Forget all other current movies and just see 21 Grams. Fans of independent type movies (as in, Pi, Donnie Darko, etc.) won't be let down in any way.

------------------
"Why did all the dinosaurs have to die?"
"Because you touch yourself at night."
"Why did all the dinosaurs have to die?"
"Because you touch yourself at night."
2004-01-26, 6:12 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Cabin Fever was stupid. An excellent beginning, and Director Eli Roth had a lot to go on. He blew it. Freddy vs. Jason was O.K. Chances are I'll buy that one if I see it on DVD for 10$.</font>

Freddy vs. Jason is quite possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and this is coming from a fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th movies. I found Cabin Fever to be quite good. I thought it was more of a dark comedy than a horror movie, but it had its share of semi-scary scenes. I just can't believe that you wrote "Cabin Fever was stupid" and then "Freddy vs. Jason was O.K." There should be laws against such opinions. I must agree with you on Bruce Almighty though...a great movie.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I liked 28 days latter alot... it had a creepy resident evil undertone to it.</font>

Agreed. An excellent movie.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Forget all other current movies and just see 21 Grams. Fans of independent type movies (as in, Pi, Donnie Darko, etc.) won't be let down in any way.</font>

The preview that I saw looked interesting. Pi and Donnie Darko are both excellent movies.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2004-01-26, 6:50 PM #21
I recommend The Lion King to ALL!

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-01-26, 6:50 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Want to see 28 Days Later but I just saw Blow on TV, great movie. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]</font>

For some reason I didn't like Blow that much. As far as movies about Cocaine go, scarface blows blow out of the water. haha. I said blows blow!

↑ Up to the top!