Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → HELP
HELP
2004-01-26, 9:40 AM #1
Sorry, I don't really know where else to post this, but I'm having trouble starting up a multiplayer game with JK DF2. I followed all the instrctions at Trail's guide, and when my friend typed in my IP address, it kept saying "Searching" but it never found my game that I had set up and running. Any suggestions.
2004-01-26, 9:43 AM #2
either there IS NO GAME or you have the wrong or well it could be numerous things call teck support

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs
2004-01-26, 9:45 AM #3
Could just be JK.
JK's in-game finder will never find a game on it's own, and it would take forever if I put in an actual ip adress.

Other explainations I can think of would be if one of you has the demo, or if you have different versions(one unpatched maybe).

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-01-26, 10:38 AM #4
JK IP games work fine. Make sure that both people are using the TCP/IP protocol. When you enter the IP it does take a few minutes sometimes, though.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-01-26, 10:43 AM #5
Make sure you've got the ip address right too [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-26, 10:45 AM #6
If you're working behind a firewall, that could also be preventing him from finding you.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-26, 10:58 AM #7
all right 2 things

1) How would I get past this is my friend has a firewall?
2)What options do I have other than TCP/IP?
2004-01-26, 11:00 AM #8
If you're DMZ isn't on, that could be a problem. or it can be the firewall. happens to me alot.

[http://www.secksinlyricform.com/jon/caps.jpg]

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited January 26, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-26, 11:09 AM #9
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;240429

I'm pretty sure JK uses the DirectX7 method.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-01-26, 11:27 AM #10
Yeah, but it only uses about 10 of those ports.

If you're reading this CaveDemon, I need that picture of the port setup that you have. I'm thinking of writing a tutorial on how to play JK behind a router/network.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-01-26, 11:41 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:

[http://www.secksinlyricform.com/jon/caps.jpg]

</font>

not all keyboards have that gap

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-01-26, 11:59 AM #12
You are right. Most of them have a Caps Lock key closer to the "A" key.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-26, 12:02 PM #13
and also it's only 3/8"

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-01-26, 12:04 PM #14
Gee, it sure was nice of you to crop the copyright off that picture, Rod-Nog. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

Since you won't give credit where credit is due, then I will.

Image taken from Maddox 2003.
(Warning: Link contains offensive language and subject matter)

[This message has been edited by Wuss (edited January 26, 2004).]
2004-01-26, 12:15 PM #15
I just didn't want that on there, because then people would wander off to Maddox's site which contains lots of innapropriate material. people who knew where that pic was from would know it's maddox, and people who didn't wouldn't care.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited January 26, 2004).]
2004-01-26, 12:24 PM #16
Your humour is hardly appropriate either

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-01-26, 12:38 PM #17
Accept....it is? Because it follows the forum rules...maybe..kind of.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
2004-01-26, 3:46 PM #18
His humor's fine. What's the deal? People at Massassi are getting snappy--pull out of it! I'm sure Rod-Nog knew full well what he was doing when he took the copyright off, and he was right. How many 10-15 year olds ghost this forum? God only knows. He was doing the right thing, people.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-26, 3:51 PM #19
Yeah, he was actually being pretty responsible from the forum's point of view.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-01-26, 3:53 PM #20
A copyright is a copyright is a copyright. And thus the removal of said copyright from the picture is a violation of the copyright.

But whatever. *shrugs*
2004-01-26, 3:54 PM #21
Another great conversation brought to you by massassi.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-26, 4:43 PM #22
all caps topic = bad

------------------
landfish -Official Massasi Brute Squad Member.....ph34r meh
wraa!
7 of 14 in the council of 14
"im not close-minded. you're just wrong" -Bucky Katt "Get Fuzzy"
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-01-26, 5:02 PM #23
Apparently, Rod-Nog is also a fan of The Best Page In The Universe, which, as stated, is the best page in the universe.

The Best Page In The Universe

Warning: Not for kiddies.

Edit: I probably should've read the ENTIRE thread before linking to Maddox... oh, well.

[This message has been edited by fingarez (edited January 26, 2004).]
2004-01-27, 4:35 AM #24
I guess I don't really understand the whole multiplayer thing. Is an IP game on the internet? What else can I do other than that with an online game, because anything IP related just doesn't seem to be working.

↑ Up to the top!