Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Alternitives to Credit Cards for Online games (Please help!)
Alternitives to Credit Cards for Online games (Please help!)
2004-01-26, 4:21 AM #1
Alright, for some reason, my mother and father won't let me use their credit card for use of Final Fantasy XI, Now I really want to play this, seeing as I payed $50 for it. They said they'd be willing to help me get something to use, they just dont want me using their card...

So, final fantasy XI doesnt have game cards that I can use, so Im looking at other ways to pay for the game, I looked into the "Visa Buxx" thing, but Im not sure it will work for online games and such... So does anyone have anything I could use for the game? Help would be greatly appreciated

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-26, 4:24 AM #2
Get a credit card [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Or, you gotta know someone besides your folks with a credit card, right? Arrange with them to use their card and pay them cash. That’s what my friend did for a while with his internet connection.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited January 26, 2004).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-01-26, 4:26 AM #3
You know those gift cards that work like a visa or something? Find out if you can use one of those, and then keep refilling it.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-01-26, 4:27 AM #4
http://www.bankofamerica.com/giftcard/

Sweet! Thanks for the idea yecti!!

------------------
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-26, 4:34 AM #5
Yea as long as it works under the VISA or Mastercard system it SHOULD be accepted.

------------------
.hack//SIGN - The World - Just Believe

(Yes, This is Cool Matty)
.hack//SIGN - The World - Just Believe

(Yes, This is Cool Matty)
2004-01-26, 4:39 AM #6
Can anyone confirm this? Do the gift cards work for online games?

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-26, 5:06 AM #7
I don't know. The only hitch I can see to them is they don't have a name printed on them. (I'm holding a discover one). They have a CVVM number on the back, they've got an expiration date, they get used in stores just like a credit card, so I'm not sure if it would work or it wouldn't.

//and it seems that the ones that you found through Bank of America actually put a name on them. I don't see why it wouldn't work. If worst comes to worst you've got a visa you can use to buy stuff in stores. *shrug*

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

[This message has been edited by Yecti (edited January 26, 2004).]
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-01-26, 7:02 AM #8
I know for a fact that at least one mmorpg accepts paypal payments.. You could easily set up a paypal account.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-01-26, 7:22 AM #9
Final Fantasy XI doesnt, it only accepts Visa/Mastercard

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-26, 8:53 AM #10
Most mmorpgs accept paypal, and with paypal you can pay by cash. I did this. the only risk is that it might get lost in the mail/stolen.
2004-01-26, 11:59 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raoul Duke:
Most mmorpgs accept paypal, and with paypal you can pay by cash. I did this. the only risk is that it might get lost in the mail/stolen.</font>

that's why Qod invented the money order

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-01-26, 8:23 PM #12
Don't most banks give you check/debit cards if you have a checking account? Open up a checking account, and just make sure you keep enough money in there to keep everyone happy.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-01-26, 8:25 PM #13
Debit cards can't be used in place of credit cards. There are check cards that can be.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-26, 8:52 PM #14
...Avenger, I have a debit card that can be used as a credit card and it's not a check card.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-01-26, 8:55 PM #15
Well then, just ignore me.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-27, 4:38 AM #16
I also have a debit card that I can use as a credit card, and that's what I use for Final Fantasy XI. I have a checking account linked to a debit card (which has a mastercard logo on it) and I just tell them that it's a mastercard. Then, instead of sending me a credit card bill, they just automatically deduct the funds from my checking account.

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-01-27, 4:43 AM #17
debit cards however can be charged service fees etc. wheres if you use the visa side of a debit/visa card you dont have those charges. Money orders tend to take a long time and you also get wacked with fees and such. Id go with the gift card things like napster does for its file sharing

------------------
Look, Listen, Learn, Live and Lay waste
Look, Listen, Learn, Live and Lay waste
2004-01-27, 6:51 AM #18
Alright.. I think I won the battle. I got my mother to sign up for the "visa buxx" card, and it says it can be used anywhere a visa debit card can be used. And since cygnus said he uses a visa debit.. I think it will work

Thanks for all the help

------------------
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!