Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Questions for you about Mr. Flexor
Questions for you about Mr. Flexor
2004-01-25, 2:44 PM #1
he's really been down for the longest of times, and well:
<Flexor|nothere> meh
<Flexor|nothere> I'm sick of being me
<Flexor|nothere> I wanna be someone else
<Genki> file for brain trasnplant
<Flexor|nothere> any donors?
<Genki> hahah
<Genki> 'i didn't lie, i wrote fiction with my mouth'
<Flexor|nothere> besides, what's so special about me?
<Genki> you make music?
<Flexor|nothere> people say I have talent.. I don't really think so. My music sounds cheesy, oversimplistic and stupid to me. I don't understand how people even like it
<Genki> we think it's great that someone could make something
<Flexor|nothere> what do you mean?
<Flexor|nothere> anyone can make something. a five year old hitting random notes on a keyboard is something
<Genki> yes, but people LIKE you hitting the keyboard
<Genki> *your
<Flexor|nothere> well I hate it, and that's why I'm through with it
<Genki> then.... uhh... i dunno
<Genki> .. god loves you?
<Flexor|nothere> the truth is no one really needs me. Sure, maybe some like me to a degree, and if I'd die tomorrow, they'd go 'boohoo flex is gone', but still, I can easily be replaced
<Genki> .. no, thats lies to youself
<Flexor|nothere> bleh
<Genki> post a thread, 'What would you do if i died tommorrow' thread, see what happens
<Genki> *-the extra thread part
<Flexor|nothere> yeah, and get called an attention whore
<Genki> then i will
<Flexor|nothere> I feel like throwing up
<Genki> first i have to get permission from you before i can... how ironic
<Genki> let this be my 'save the flexors' project
<Flexor|nothere> meh, I don't wanna come off as an attention whore
<Genki> it won't be, i want to do this for YOU so you can see how people feel about you
<Flexor|nothere> alright then
So I have one question for you guys, what would YOU do if Flex happened to do himself in.
Note: This is to show Flex how much we love him, serious comments we need to cheer this guy up

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-01-25, 2:47 PM #2
I LURVE JOOOOOOOOOOO

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-01-25, 2:48 PM #3
How can we NOT love Flexor? He is funny, nice, cool, he makes the best music I've ever heard, and he even treats ME like a human like many people don't. Flexor is seriously the coolest.

/glances at the Pro GBK thread...

Seriously the coolest. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Seriously, If I was Flexor I'd show my music to all these record companies. Proudly. Flexor, love your music, because we do!

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited January 25, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-25, 2:49 PM #4
Artist always hate their own work, but we love Flexy anyway, don't we Flexy-poo [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-01-25, 2:54 PM #5
To be honest, I typically don't like the kind of music Flex makes. However, I enjoyed a good number of the tracks he released on the forums a bit back.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Flexor's a great guy. #massassi wouldn't be the same without him, nor would Massassi. If not for us, what about friends and family where he lives?

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-25, 3:00 PM #6
Yeah, someone post the flexor with a lobster on his head pic.. maybe that will cheer him up

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-25, 3:04 PM #7
Wra? I'm using one of his songs in a mod. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-25, 3:14 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Yeah, someone post the flexor with a lobster on his head pic.. maybe that will cheer him up

</font>

Good idea

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-01-25, 3:19 PM #9
If Flexor was to die tomorrow, I expect pretty much the same response as MaDa's death. A whole community coming together. You are a lot better than you think. Quit being so critical. For cripes sake, you made and published a CD. That's more than many, many, many people. Even if it wasn't madly successful, its still more than most all of US here have ever done. And if you need more proof of how good you are, CHECK YOUR DT LEVELS! For cripes sake, you made so many of them, and every. single. one. was madly loved, praised, even some won level of the weeks. You aren't a failure. You aren't worthless. So get over it and realize there is more to life than sitting around wasting natural resources. If you wanna make a difference in people's lives, sitting there complaining about it doesn't do you any good. Getting up, practicing, now that does something. If I die, and don't make much a difference in people's lives, I'd at least know I tried my best to.

------------------
.hack//SIGN - The World - Just Believe

(Yes, This is Cool Matty)
.hack//SIGN - The World - Just Believe

(Yes, This is Cool Matty)
2004-01-25, 3:21 PM #10
Like lat said, it's nigh IMPOSSIBLE to like your own stuff as an artist. As Krig put i tto me once, we have to go through our "everything I make sucks" routine at least once a week. Even the mighty talented Viking, myself (if I could be put in such a league) and now it seems, yourself. And like Krig and many good artists I know, your feelings about how much your stuff sucks is unfounded. Yeah, of course you'll find stuff wrong with it. That comes with being an artist, and you strive for bigger and better and more of it. Just for instance, using your Tourniquet level: yeah, it's a giant vertical box with 3do platforms, but you make it look GOOD. The design of the level makes for fast-paced action, and unlike your Dark Tempest levels (also awesome), you're not penalized for falling. And you know what ties it together? The music. It may seem crude or crappy or whatever, but it really makes a difference.

If you did yourself in, you have to take the leap of faith and believe me when I say it will not just be a small boo-hoo fest. You don't have to find the cure for cancer to mean a lot to people. And you don't even write stuff on the ISB, so that's got to mean something coming from me, right? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

I have to admit though, ultimately it's not a matter of what other people would feel or see in you -- that's image. It's a matter of you and your character, and (please forgive me for my horrible horrible cliche) other people can only show you the door -- you have to walk through it and believe that there is worth in you.

And that's my two cents.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-01-25, 3:26 PM #11
In life, people make very few friends. Well, I consider you one of mine. Don't do anything stupid. There's a lot to live for, even if you don't realize it right now. Things will get better. You just have to keep going.

There are still many things you can do to change your life. I think you need a change of scenery. You need to get away from your family. Get a place by yourself or with a friend if you can.

As far as your music goes, I don't like the genre, but I do like your music. Many people have said that it reminds them of video game music, so why not try to get into that business? It might take a little while, but you could get there. Set a goal for yourself.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-01-25, 3:30 PM #12
My only bit I'd add to Chaz's words is to be patient and forgiving with yourself. We all know it ain't easy, to say the least. Maybe impossible, who knows? But yeah... just keep that in mind.
2004-01-25, 3:32 PM #13
I likes Flexor [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-01-25, 3:39 PM #14
thanks guys for helping in my little project to make flex happier

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-01-25, 3:40 PM #15
I came to terms with the fact that if I died no one would care long ago. So I just lie to myself about it and pretend that when I die everything blows up in a big nuclear explosion, and now I just think it's cool.

Wait wait I somehow got off track in what I was going to say. Crap. Need more ADD pills.

It was going to be supportive, anyway, and say something to the effect of WE LOVE JOOOO
--
I remembered.

Take pride in what you do. You don't have to impress us, that's unnecessary. Do it for yourself if you can't motivate yourself with doing it for them. If they don't appreciate your music, it's their loss. In the mean time, keep going, never stop.

People say that it should be all about other people-they're right. But when there's no one who cares (which although not the case here, you think it is), just forget the other people and do it for yourself. Eventually they'll come to appreciate you, and you'll have much more skill at whatever you do for all the hard work you put in-it'll be worth it.

But now someone's going to flame me for encouraging self-centeredness and arrogance or something, even though that wasn't the point...

<Insert additional optimism here>
------------------
Ω of 14

[This message has been edited by oSiRiS (edited January 25, 2004).]
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-01-25, 3:48 PM #16
People would care if you were gone. Normally I wouldn't expect people I haven't met (besides on le intranat) to care, but the fact that you will be missed HERE, besides those who will miss you 'IRL'... that says a lot. If I were to suddenly stop posting, very few would notice. This is because, unlike you, I have not built up a personality, a 'legacy', and a standard for repeated quality of work.

You have much more value than you let on.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2004-01-25, 3:57 PM #17
saberopus -- remember Flex ain't 'letting on' to anyone. He made it clear he didn't want such attention brought on himself. We're just here to tell him how wrong he is in his self-evaluation [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

You know, if I was a gambling man, I would have liked to play Devil's Advocate instead in leading to my two cents, but as Albert Campus said once, "There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide." I agree with him.
2004-01-25, 11:40 PM #18
Vincent Van Gogh ripped his own ear off. Flex hasn't. I love Flex.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-01-25, 11:54 PM #19
Flexor is the definition of coolness.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-01-25, 11:58 PM #20
Flex is cool, and a veryveryvery nice guy. And one of the rare persons who actually said something to me on this forum [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

So me <3 Flex.

------------------
"thanks for the all your <3 are belong to somebody set up us the 1337 swank OWNED"

-DrkJedi82
2004-01-26, 12:52 AM #21
Shall we initiate a group hug?

*opens arms*

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-01-26, 1:14 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
I likes Flexor [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

</font>

Yes me 2 even though I never talk to you [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] you strike me as a nice guy - you would be missed.

*fluffles flexor*

------------------
Rah!
/fluffle
2004-01-26, 9:08 AM #23
I was very drunk last night (hence the 'I feel like throwing up'), so I'm sorry if I was rude to anyone in the chat. However I did mean that bit genki posted. Thanks for trying to boost my ego.. but it's really not just about music and stuff I normally do. There's alot more to it, and I don't really feel like discussing this openly (unless I'm drunk, that is!).

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-01-26, 9:11 AM #24
*hands Flex a beer*

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-01-26, 9:55 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sol:
Shall we initiate a group hug?

*opens arms*

</font>

*skips the group hug and hugs just Flexor*

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited January 26, 2004).]
2004-01-26, 10:02 AM #26
If I woke up and found out Flexor was gone, I would cry for a long time. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] After that I would feel sad and guilty for a long time.

------------------
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-01-26, 10:53 AM #27
Listen to some blues, dude. Its musical commiseration depresses me into an apathetic stupor that just feels soooo goooood.

------------------
Archimedes: Pseudo-intellectual since 1986
www.retronetworks.com
2004-01-26, 10:56 AM #28
flexor your cool thats all ican say :]

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs
2004-01-26, 11:00 AM #29
If it makes you feel any better, Flexor, check my playlist out:
[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/31/4.jpg]
Just so's ya know, your music is not, repeat NOT[/b] cheesy, oversimplistic, OR stupid. It's just awesome.

Just my 2ยข.
DO NOT WANT.
2004-01-26, 11:30 AM #30
I wanna know why's he's down.

WHY!

------------------
"It was a slap in the face, how quickly I was replaced".
"Do you remember telling me you'd hold me until you died (until you died)... well you're still alive"

"I just love it when you stick your tongue in my brain, darling"
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-01-26, 12:19 PM #31
Flex,
I can tell you with wholly unbiased, objective intent; you are a wonderful person.
I met you not through your music, not through your levels, but through simply getting to know you.
The levels, the music, all that is just a bonus, another thing to tell me not only are you an intelligent, sweet person but you are immensely talented as well.

It's perfectly normal to think there is something wrong with your work. I don't like much of my art either. It's a part of progressing and getting better to be critical of your work and to be down on it. You just can't give up..

Most important of all, don't be down on you. You deserve better than the way you treat yourself lately, which is what I try to tell you. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you and I'm sorry if I'm not helping enough or not being as supportive as I ought to be; I'm trying as best I can. I'm sorry if I lose my temper sometimes. It just frustrates me the lengths you go to to slam yourself deeper down into the dirt, energy and time you can be spending digging yourself out instead. I just want you to get better. I want you to do better. I know you can and I have faith in you.

With love,
~GJ
2004-01-26, 2:26 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gothicX:
Flexor is the definition of coolness.

</font>

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-01-26, 2:51 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
I wanna know why's he's down.

WHY!
</font>

Yea me too! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-01-26, 2:58 PM #34
I thought he was drunk. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-26, 5:06 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
I thought he was drunk. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

</font>

I was.

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-01-26, 5:34 PM #36
I hate my own work as well.

My skills as a reviewer have far outpaced my skills as a writer. It's most likely the same thing happened with you. You're musician talent isn't on par with the professionals, just as my writing sucks on an objective level. But hopefully, with time, it'll get there.

But that's no reason to get totally depressed.

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."

"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-01-26, 5:38 PM #37
Like I said, it's not about the music.

------------------
2004-01-26, 5:47 PM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
I was.</font>

Thats it, drink yourself to that happy place. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-01-26, 5:47 PM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:

Wait wait I somehow got off track in what I was going to say. Crap. Need more ADD pills.
</font>

Crap. You're an *******.

Some people don't appreciate ignorant, pigheaded comments like that.

[This message has been edited by Yossarian (edited January 26, 2004).]
Those bees all have paws!
2004-01-26, 6:32 PM #40
Your music is quite good. I'm very much in to electronic music and have been for years. I'm not going to exaggerate by saying that your music is the best in the world, but you obviously have potential, and it would be a waste not to take advantage of it. I've burned a few of your tracks to listen to in my car and my girlfriend likes them as well. When I told her that the tracks were by some random guy on some random forums and were free for me to download, she was quite suprised (she though that they were very professional, and this is coming from someone who studied music in college for years).

My shrink (anger management) was right. It does feel good to say nice things about people.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com

↑ Up to the top!