Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → teeth... gone... pain =(
teeth... gone... pain =(
2004-01-26, 2:58 PM #1
well, today was the day of my surgery.
i'm now missing 8 teeth!
4 wisdom teeth + 4 baby teeth that were too stubborn to come out on their own, hehe

i got home at about 4:30 (it's 7:50 now) running a slight fever and feeling pretty miserable (=

i went completely unconcious... an interesting experience, hehe
falling asleep is no problem. in fact, i barely noticed it ;P
waking up, however, was a freaky experience. coming out of such a deep sleep with blood and saliva dying to be spat up and no way of making any sound... it was frightening.
i needed so badly to spit it up and get a drink of water (i hadn't had anything to drink since 11:30 the previous night and no food since 8:30 =( ) but i couldn't say anything.

the nurses were so great, though. they knew exactly the right things to say so i wouldn't snap at them [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] i was feeling like biting someones head off if i had the strength in my mouth.

it was very hard for me to wake up completely and that's annoying because my mind was entirely active but i couldn't make my body do the things i wanted it to, hehe

anyway, want to share similiar experiences? (=

(oh btw, the excessive smilies are because i can't smile in real life =P)

------------------
i thought about this being the anti-sig... or the sig virus... or the sig of your nightmares... but i decided that some painful rhetoric might work instead...
just kidding. ;)
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-01-26, 3:05 PM #2
When I cut my thumb off with an axe in the 2nd grade (They put it back on) I kept touching my thumb, and I didn't notice because it was numb, and the doctors kept yelling at me. Then a doctor hit the heart machine by accident, and I was asleep, and it flat lined! So it scared the crap out of my mom, she thought I was dead, not sleeping haha!

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited January 26, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-26, 3:08 PM #3
That's what happens when you start to wake up after going under. You're still groggy from the anesthesia.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-26, 3:12 PM #4
Rod. You're my new hero.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-01-26, 3:15 PM #5
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] . I was even told that when I woke up half way through I was so convinced that I was standing up in the bed..like I was lying in a vertical bed...then I dozed off again. And I "flatlined" about 5 seconds after that.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-26, 3:23 PM #6
When I got some teeth removed (I think it was 4) they put me under laughing gas... That stuff seriously messes you up. Everything is ringing and lights appear really different.

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-01-26, 3:24 PM #7
Wisdom teeth suck f they come in wrong. My experience ws pretty good. I followed all the post-procedures instructions, and was fine after about a week.

------------------
Come on, shake the Nub,..... you know you want to.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-01-26, 3:25 PM #8
HAVE A MILKSHAKE.

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
*Remnant Temple beta almost done*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-01-26, 4:13 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sol:
When I got some teeth removed (I think it was 4) they put me under laughing gas... That stuff seriously messes you up. Everything is ringing and lights appear really different.

</font>

sounds like you got one hell of a high out of that.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-01-26, 4:21 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prince Xizor:
HAVE A MILKSHAKE. </font>

Umm . . . ouch.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-01-26, 4:24 PM #11
Aw, jeez. Why did I read this?

I have impacted wisdom teeth, so the chewing surfaces are pointing towards the front of my mouth and therefore never grew out from under the gums. The dentist wants me to have surgery, but they're just sitting there, not doing anything, so I figure I can leave them alone for a while.

I do kinda want to be put to sleep, though, if only just for the experience. Someone said that the last thing you think of when you fall asleep is the first thing you think of when you wake up... is that true?

------------------
Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of old men are the vices of peace: mistrust and caution. It must be so.
-Laurence of Arabia
Yen is but one part of a larger problem in japan's bumbling attempts to pull out of a seemingly endless stagnation -Googlism
2004-01-26, 4:36 PM #12
I don't remember.

/me falls asleep
/me wakes up

I don't remember.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
2004-01-26, 5:18 PM #13
that could be bad if you were in the middle of an improtant sentince (aka.. Jenifer I, I, ZZZZZZZ) wake up in a couple of hours unable to talk. humm...

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-01-26, 5:47 PM #14
hehehe
poor Rod's mom [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

i don't think that's true... last thing i remember thinking was my mum was nearby (in the room a little ways down) because i could hear her voice and i KNOW after that there was other stuff going on and i was awake for it but then...
i woke up. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

first thing i thought was "this is not my bed" then i looked at my IV and some blood had backed up in it and i thought "i hope that's normal" hehe

the nurse told me i could roll over on my side... or maybe i asked. and so i did and then i woke up again maybe 15mins later with blood on the pillow and a little on my hand.

anyway, enough graphic descriptions of my afternoon (=

------------------
i thought about this being the anti-sig... or the sig virus... or the sig of your nightmares... but i decided that some painful rhetoric might work instead...
just kidding. ;)
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-01-26, 6:51 PM #15
Bah, you got it easy. It turned out that when I got my teeth inspected for wisdom teeth removal, they found a startling discovery. I had 7 wisdom teeth in total. It seriously freaked me out, because this was a major defect. The dentists said they had never seen anything like it.

On the day of the surgery, I was calm about it, but I knew it would suck. I got to the oral surgeon, and asked me what sleeping-gas flavor I wanted. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I got grape, then I went under. Man, falling asleep to that stuff is plain awesome. I was under for a couple hours, and I remember waking up but not being able to feel my body. When I was able to move, I changed the gauze that was in my mouth, and blood gushed out. I was hungry, but I knew I couldn't eat anything. It didn't stop me though, so I tried to eat some mashed potatoes. Man, that hurt. I was hungry too, because the day prior I couldn't eat anything for 24 hours.

Because I had some of those freak-wisdom teeth in the back, they tore my mouth up pretty good. Overall, a crappy experience.

------------------
Space Colony Inc. Phoenix Suburban City Dereliction
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-01-26, 7:24 PM #16
I'm a product of evolution. I never developed the root structure for, nor will I ever grow wisdom teeth. They're worthless and I won't get them. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-01-26, 8:58 PM #17
I had mine taken out last may. I was relatively unique, I had five teeth rather than the usual four.

They gave me some pills to take before I went in, and then they gave me a series of injections with the intent to put me under. Didn't happen. I was fully conscious through the whole procedure, but all I really felt was yanking and tugging in my mouth. By the time it was over, I had lost control of my legs, and I had to use a wheel chair to get out to my mom's car. That was interesting.

I fell asleep for a couple hours after I got home. Upon awaking, I noticed a box of Krispie Kreme donuts on the table. Needless to say, I helped myself to one, and after finishing proceeded to the bathroom to spit out the insane amount of blood that had filled up my mouth.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-01-26, 9:07 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth J:
...Needless to say, I helped myself to one, and after finishing proceeded to the bathroom to spit out the insane amount of blood that had filled up my mouth.</font>

It was a blood-filled donut? Geeze, has it come to that? Bakeries filling donuts with blood? Whats next, urine in shortcakes? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-01-26, 11:23 PM #19
first time i got some teeth removed, i had the gas, it makes you go crazy, i had 9 removed, one baby tooth and about 8 teeth because my mouth was overcrowded, that was cool, cant remember having to eat anything.

the second time, i had two teeth at the front of my mouth in the gum, with no way of coming through, i got to go to hospital for this one, and general anasthetic is a very strange experience. yeah, you go to sleep feeling slightly wierd and high, because the pre-op drug they give you sends you a bit dizzy, then they give you the anasthetic, which sends you to sleep pretty much as soon as its been injected.

you wake up feeling pretty much the same as you did when you went under, it took me a second or two to remember i had the operation, because i didnt recognise where i was..... they didn't let me leave until i had a whole cup-a-soup, sly *******s.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-01-27, 2:01 AM #20
SEVEN? oh man... that sounds freakishly weird [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

GBK: yeah, blood filled donuts are all the rage these days. get out of your cubicle and get with the times (=

thankfully i don't have any gauze that i have to change. i have to go into the oral surgeons office on friday and if the junk hasn't fallen out already he'll pull it (should come out easily)
i just hope i can open my mouth by then, heh.
the swelling is horrible (=

------------------
just kidding. ;)
2004-01-27, 2:20 AM #21
Wisdom teeth never grew up on me. And this far no teeth has been pulled from me. And I can be glad about that.

But for non-#massassians I don't have to share any of my other medical experiences. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-01-27, 5:01 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sol:

</font>

Yes! That stuff is great it made everything spin and all the lights seemed to move towards me. Funny stuff.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-01-27, 6:13 AM #23
I got my wisdom teeth removed in mid december. I didnt get put under.. i got some shots to numb the pain but not enough (I had work done on me earlier that day so he figured i didn't need it) that is until while working on the last tooth tears were coming out of my eyes because he was yanking so hard.. felt like he broke my jaw when he was done!! Then after ward he just gave an envelope full of gauze and sent me on my way. no pain killers or anything... Bad days those were..
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2004-01-27, 10:49 AM #24
Haven't even contemplated extraction, although I know it's pretty muh inevitable. My teeth are huge and my wisdom teeth are coming through, so it'll only be a matter of time.

------------------
Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it didn't come true. So I'm takin' it back. I'm takin' 'em all back.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-01-27, 1:33 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
Yes! That stuff is great it made everything spin and all the lights seemed to move towards me. Funny stuff.

</font>

It's not as good as the exotic herb! Though it doesn't do that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]

[This message has been edited by Sol (edited January 27, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Sol (edited January 27, 2004).]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-01-27, 2:36 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prince Xizor:
HAVE A MILKSHAKE.

</font>

Hah I did that and puked right after. I got one after my wisdom teeth surgery. They had to cut my gums open in order to get to the teeth then pulled them out. I was put under laughing gas though. Sucks after waking up, staring at everyone in the lounge as they sit there, my hat was on crooked, looking like i just got beaten down and mugged. haha.

------------------
1337 suxx0rz

Council of 21

Need cheap web hosting? Well then lookie here! :)
http://www.out-post.net/index.php?action=hostingplans
Mmmm.
2004-01-27, 2:43 PM #27
When I had surgery on my nose after it got crushed, they gave me an extra dose of morphine by accident.... BEST. NIGHT. EVER.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-01-27, 2:56 PM #28
And they said drugs were bad [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Did you try to see what music tastes like?

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-01-27, 3:02 PM #29
Don't use a straw with that milkshake. You'll get dry sockets.

I had 4 out this summer.
2004-01-27, 4:02 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BV:
When I had surgery on my nose after it got crushed, they gave me an extra dose of morphine by accident.... BEST. NIGHT. EVER.

</font>

I love how they let the patient decide if they want more morphine.

------------------
Eat the pudding.
2004-01-27, 11:21 PM #31
lol yeah i know i shouldn't use straws [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
that's okay since i don't use them very often anyway...

last night i had egg drop soup! mmm... good stuff.
that was the first thing i had eaten besides yogurt.

i've lost about 8-10lbs already, heh... maybe i can keep it off now ;P

------------------
just kidding. ;)
2004-01-28, 1:20 AM #32
My jaw was numb 12 hours after I got my wisdom teeth removed and ended up drooling on my keyboard while I was listening to music. That was a real pain to clean up too.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.

↑ Up to the top!