Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The study hall teacher theory
The study hall teacher theory
2004-01-27, 4:09 PM #1
Every study hall teacher I have ever known has been generally hated among the masses and every study hall teacher I have ever known has been very... evil towards the masses of students. I remember being in the sixth grade and every 6th period was study hall. We all went into the cafeteria and sat the the long tables. We all had to sit facing one direction (toward her) and we had to sit with two empty chairs seperating us and the person closest to us. It was insane. My question is this, have YOU had evil study hall teachers? Is there like a mental thing... like inferiority complex except its "Study hall teacher complex." That's my theory. I don't personally have study hall anymore but my freinds say the teacher is psychotic.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-01-27, 4:10 PM #2
We always had to call them "teacher" even though they were usually some random lady the school hired. Now that I think about it, you don't TEACH anything in study hall.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-01-27, 4:11 PM #3
The study hall teachers at my school were actually teachers. Some were cool others weren't, just as teachers tend to be.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-27, 4:15 PM #4
We didn't have study hall. If you were going to study, it would be on your own time, not the school's.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-27, 4:19 PM #5
My school only forced the freshman to take studyhall. I dont recall my teacher being especially mean or anything like that. Probably the teachers view studyhall with the same lack of respect as the students.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-01-27, 5:23 PM #6
I had the worst study hall teacher ever, an evil russian lady.

She was a femenist in the worst way, and she had this thick accent that always made her sound pissed off.

"Vork vork, lazy dumbkopf!"

"No talkingk in study hohll!"

She was actually pretty nice outside of study hall, but for whatever reason she jammed a juniper branch up her butt before study hall or something.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
thanks for the all your <3 are belong to somebody set up us the 1337 swank OWNED
</font>
2004-01-27, 5:25 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
We didn't have study hall. If you were going to study, it would be on your own time, not the school's.

</font>

------------------
AGONetwork
Bobbert006:The other day my dad said, "I think the world has passed me by."
I told him he isn't missing anything.

AGONetwork
2004-01-27, 5:29 PM #8
my study hall teachers aren't even teachers, they are "building aides"

and yes they can all BURN IN H***

oh wait, its not study hall, its "academic support"
stupidest thing EVER

------------------
landfish -Official Massasi Brute Squad Member.....ph34r meh
wraa!
7 of 14 in the council of 14
"im not close-minded. you're just wrong" -Bucky Katt "Get Fuzzy"
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-01-27, 5:30 PM #9
Quote:
We didn't have study hall. If you were going to study, it would be on your own time, not the school's.</font>

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-01-27, 5:33 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:
I had the worst study hall teacher ever, an evil russian lady.
She was a femenist in the worst way, and she had this thick accent that always made her sound pissed off.

"Vork vork, lazy dumbkopf!"

"No talkingk in study hohll!"

She was actually pretty nice outside of study hall, but for whatever reason she jammed a juniper branch up her butt before study hall or something.
</font>

That made me laugh.
In general, I've had a mix of good and evil (after school) s-h teachers. The good ones usually let you talk and if you got the right ones a few years ago, you could play cards for an hour! But then there was the ones who were "Sit down and do your HW!" types of ones.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-01-27, 6:04 PM #11
...study hall? why would a school waste time with that, especially high school down where you can get by without studying.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-01-27, 6:07 PM #12
Quote:

</font>

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-01-27, 6:10 PM #13
... What's wrong with your schools? Our study hall is like a second lunch. You can sleep, eat, talk, or even study. It's great!

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede

[This message has been edited by Chaz Ghostle (edited January 27, 2004).]
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-01-27, 6:48 PM #14
I had a few study halls that the teachers wouldn't care if we were loud or whatever. I've also had my share of study halls that were teachers that cared. Though usually we just throw stuff..

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2004-01-27, 7:03 PM #15
Quote:
</font>

I think I'm the only one who realized the utmost hilarity of that comment. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

HomeWork should be illigal! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Try not, do; or do not.
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2004-01-27, 8:37 PM #16
We had two small 'study halls', one was connected with the library and the other was also the computer lab, in which I was the study hall teacher.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-01-28, 3:48 AM #17
A few of our hall monitors were people who applied to police academy but were rejected... Unfortunately, this made them feel like they had something to proove, so they ruled the halls with an iron fist.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-01-28, 3:54 AM #18
What the hell is a study hall?

From the contents of this thread it sounds like it's detention for everyone.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-01-28, 4:01 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 7:
my study hall teachers aren't even teachers, they are "building aides"

and yes they can all BURN IN H***

oh wait, its not study hall, its "academic support"
stupidest thing EVER

yes that is are school but i dont have a study hall
</font>

2004-01-28, 4:14 AM #20
We've got a study hall thingy, but I've never been there.

Ever.

And I'm in second year out of three of gymnasium.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-01-28, 4:29 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
What the hell is a study hall?

From the contents of this thread it sounds like it's detention for everyone.
</font>

I guess it depends on the school, but at my high school, the number of credits you were required to take was less than the available time slots during the day, so if you didn't have class during a particular time slot, you'd go to study hall, where you're supposed to study or do homework, but our study hall proctor was cool so you could pretty much do whatever you wanted.
I only had study hall one year, when all my other classes were APs. It was in the morning, so my friends and I spent the time doing homework for classes later that day.

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-01-28, 5:22 AM #22
My senior year I had AP Calc during zero period (6:40am-7:30), and study hall during first period. The proctor would always fall asleep, so my friend and I would sneak out and go break into the teachers lounge and steal whole gallons of orange juice and whole boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts, then take them back to study hall and sell them to the other prisoners.

Then we would throw stuff.
2004-01-28, 5:28 AM #23
Thank Qod in the UK you only get anything like that in the Sixth Form. When you do GCSEs, it takes up all yourtime, but in year 12 I get mega ecstacy bliss free periods in a room with other peeps.

------------------
Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it didn't come true. So I'm takin' it back. I'm takin' 'em all back.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-01-28, 6:17 AM #24
i had it along side Drivers ed (the class lasted 3 weeks, then you sat in study hall waiting for the teacher to drive you)

we spent the time playing RISK, UNO, and varous card games not related to poker(go fish, egyption, slaps, BS, solitare, 21 card stud).

My red armies took over the world!

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-01-28, 8:53 AM #25
I'm a class officer. The counselor who's supposed to lead our class is more of a child than we are, and half of the time he never shows up (not to mention that class officers never do much anyway, it's all done by student council now). So basically, it's like a totally unsupervised study hall wherein you may leave and roam the halls at any time. One time we went out to lunch at the mall, on the school's tab. Bwhahahahahah.

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-01-28, 10:45 AM #26
My study hall last semester (don't have one this semester) wasn't that bad as far as teachers go. In the beginning my teacher didn't want us talking, but eventually the rule died. We have the option at my school to go to the library during a study hall period, and that's what I started doing. It was not because of the teachers or rules, it was because I couldn't concentrate on things when a senior by me kept talking about his car with his friend.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-01-28, 11:04 AM #27
We have "seminar" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The purpose is that if you need help from a teacher you can travel to that teacher's room and get help. It isn't just for study on the "school's time".
2004-01-28, 11:17 AM #28
Our study hall teachers are awesome, you don't have to do anything... all we do is go to the auditorium and sit there, you can talk, do homework, just sit, play cards, or basically anything you want.

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council

↑ Up to the top!