Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Got big problem here with vid card
Got big problem here with vid card
2004-01-27, 11:19 PM #1
I know this in the wrong forum...but right now im afraid ive wasted 300 bucks so I want results fast. Im sure you can understand [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I just bought a ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600XT.
WHen running on DEFAULT drivers, on XP, 1024x768x32 works fine, albeit slow.
When I install the 3.9, 3.10 or 4.1 catalyst drivers, the display ONLY on 1024 starts flickering and lines appear on the screen, horizontally.

When 800, its fine.

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum
(I can see your house from up here)
"But he's not going to carry you three" said Death.
"Why not?"
"It's a matter of the look of the thing"
"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it" said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse"

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-01-28, 12:39 AM #2
Your mobo, etc is compatible with the card I gather?

Might be a dud if not.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-01-28, 1:10 AM #3
Probably has something to do with refresh rates of your monitor versus the video card, could be wrong but that sounds like what's wrong to me. Call your manufacturer and ask for some support, and if it still doesn't work, chuck the sucker back, and see where you go from there.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-28, 1:15 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Probably has something to do with refresh rates of your monitor versus the video card, could be wrong but that sounds like what's wrong to me. Call your manufacturer and ask for some support, and if it still doesn't work, chuck the sucker back, and see where you go from there.

</font>

YOU FRIGGEN LEGEND!

I forced a res of 1024x768 with 60 hz on the card...and it fixeed it! HAHA! IT WORKS!! BWHAHAHAH

Thank you!

*me votes for Dj Yoshi as supreme tech guy overlord*

------------------
"Why not?"
"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it" said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse"

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-01-28, 1:26 AM #5
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] NP man.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-28, 1:30 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SithNazgul:
... so I want results fast. Im sure you can understand... </font>

Not really, you know, you could have got the answer in 5 minutes in a help chat, but hey, if 2h is fast for you

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-01-28, 11:16 AM #7
Didn't have IRC installed [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Erm to do this, in the catalyst drivers, I disabled.. (what was it...hmmm) DDC info, and manually set the max res and refresh rate. Is that a bad idea?
I know my monitor can do 60 @ 1024.

Edit: Ive now enabled it, but have over-ridden the settings to 1024 @ 60 hz. Good idea or bad?

------------------
"Why not?"

[This message has been edited by SithNazgul (edited January 28, 2004).]
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-01-28, 11:32 AM #8
As long as you know your monitor can handle it, it doesn't matter. It's just there to keep stupid people from blowing their monitor by working it too hard.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...

↑ Up to the top!