Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → OMG, Virus alert??
OMG, Virus alert??
2004-01-30, 11:38 AM #1
Well, I was looking through my old comp looking for files to get that I mighta missed, when I came across this folder.
[http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/yoshboi/Virus.jpg]
Has a lot of files I noticed on an old virus I used to have, and I can't see it on that computer. SEHR strange. If anyone can give me feedback on it, I'm going to try and dissect it. BTW, I know it's run by alias as far as mIRC goes, and the alias is...metallica...no idea. That's all I have to go on for now.

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited January 30, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-01-30, 2:29 PM #2
Well mIRC isn't essential to the computer unless you use it often, so why not just delete the entire folder?

And I recognize most of those files except for firedaemon.dtd(.exe), hex.exe, kill.bat,and rad.exe...

They could very well be part of the script itself that it may be running, and mIRC scripts are either .mrc or .ini... the Aliases and Remotes files are harmless as well, the aliases one holds any aliases input by a script or user... (aka...
/allhello : /msg # HELLO ALL )

It shouldn't be a virus, but safest thing to do would be to delete all the files and then reinstall mIRC if you REALLY want to.

------------------
Fragment Thoughts consume my vision.
No-one knows what it's like to be the bad man,
to be the sad man Behind Blue Eyes.

- The Who
2004-01-30, 5:08 PM #3
Thing is, I can't. I can't see the folder, or even detect it on the HDD unless I'm using "Get File" from AIM.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!