Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → **** yes!
**** yes!
2004-01-30, 12:28 PM #1
CoD patch 1.2 is out today. I dled it, and noticed two things.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">- Adjustments made to the sniper rifles to make them balanced.
- When a player lands after jumping, his/her speed is briefly reduced, making bunny hopping a less effective tactic in multiplayer.
</font>
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I suck with sniper rifles(and now everyone else can suck along with me) and I hate bunny hoppers, so I love this.

I also noticed this:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">1. New Gametype - Headquarters

- A radio randomly spawns into a map as neutral. Your team must capture a radio by standing near it with no enemies around.
- Your team must control a radio to gain points. A team is awarded 45 points for every 45 seconds it holds the radio.
- Destroying an enemy radio rewards your team with as many points as are left on the reinforcement timer (e.g. if you destroy the radio with 16 seconds left on the reinforcements timer, your team will receive 16 points).
- If your team loses the radio, a new radio will spawn in a different location. This radio is now neutral and must be captured.
- Spawns are regulated by a reinforcement timer, which spawns players in 45 second intervals. This reinforcement timer is displayed on the HUD and players only have to wait until the closest spawn period before rejoining the battle.
</font>
Sounds a lot like BF1942

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited January 30, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-01-30, 12:30 PM #2
sounds cool.
maybe I should get that game

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-01-30, 12:32 PM #3
Why would a fish need a patch? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-01-30, 12:33 PM #4
MB: Do you have BF1942?

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited January 30, 2004).]
2004-01-30, 12:35 PM #5
Cod. Cod A fish.

[I was refering to GBK's joke and those who don't understand it]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited January 30, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-30, 12:38 PM #6
Yes, I do. Dont play it often.

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-01-30, 1:06 PM #7
Call of duty

Yeah, headquarters are really fun, but I hate the sniper rifle adjustments, because I use them all the time

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-30, 2:47 PM #8
CoD is pretty much BF1942 with more realistic damage and a more squad-based feel.

Also, I don't like Headquarters now. The games I've played have all been one huge campfest.

------------------
2004-01-30, 3:00 PM #9
The only thing I noticed about the sniper rifles is that when you hit the scope button the scope moves a bit so you can't get a clear shot right off. That's annoying for me. The bunny-hopping thing is a great help, and also a big thing is the fixing of the kark98, which had an aiming problem with the zooming. Overall, it was exactly what I expected.
2004-01-30, 4:47 PM #10
What did they do to snipers exactly?

That still doesnt fix CoD IMO, but the bunny-hopping thing is good, very good.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-01-30, 6:30 PM #11
they made it so that every time you fire with the sniper rifle, you zoom out.

------------------
2004-01-30, 10:30 PM #12
So they made it more like DoD...
2004-01-31, 5:29 AM #13
This patch has Rifle love! Yay!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!