Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cannibals are Scary....
Cannibals are Scary....
2004-01-30, 10:23 AM #1
Very, very disturbing....

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The fateful meeting came in March 2001 in Meiwes's house after Meiwes responded to Bernd-Juergen B.'s Internet ad seeking someone to bite off his penis and kill him.

With no trace of embarrassment, Meiwes told the court how the killing had begun with him trying unsuccessfully to bite off the victim's penis, then cutting it off with a knife. </font>

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-01-30, 10:25 AM #2
Distrubing indeed.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-30, 10:30 AM #3
Old news. Stupid Germans and their laws.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-01-30, 11:06 AM #4
yeah, i heard about that guy.... i can't imagine it tasting that nice.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-01-30, 11:26 AM #5
Old, disgusting, disturbing news.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-01-30, 12:38 PM #6
ughhhh...Why did you have to bring up that again.

------------------
Madquack and Firbnic have a signature.
*Remnant Temple beta almost done*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-01-30, 12:57 PM #7
Eating people is fun.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-01-30, 1:03 PM #8
I love the way the words "INTERNET CONTACT" are put in capitals.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-01-30, 1:04 PM #9
Yeah, the internet must be evil, it encourages cannibalism [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-01-30, 1:41 PM #10
Trying unsuccesfully.. mwa ha ha. Thgat amuses me for some reason.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-01-30, 1:48 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
Yeah, the internet must be evil, it encourages cannibalism [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

Ya' know, they are going to use that eccuse now.

------------------
Signatures are overrated.

"You can run but you will only die tired."
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-01-30, 2:26 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:

</font>

Mark my words, someone will bring that up and ban the internet or something... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-01-30, 3:20 PM #13
I think there might be a documentary on cannibalism today on the history channel or at some later date.
2004-01-30, 6:10 PM #14
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!
2004-01-30, 6:20 PM #15
That gives me the heebie jeebies.
Or the willies.

I can't decide.

------------------
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
2004-01-31, 2:49 AM #16
I don't see what's wrong at all with that, if the 'victim' wanted to die anyway. It's better that he kills someone that was willing to die rather than go out and murder someone, to satisfy his desire.

And there's no point in just leaving a cadaver there to rot, you might as well use it for something useful. Granted, donating organs for medical purposes would probably be a better option, but eating it is good too.
Though I don't suppose he could eat the bones (unless he grinded them up and made bread), but if he was crafty he could make a nice chair or table out of them I guess.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-01-31, 4:18 AM #17
Mort, I hope that is sarcasm..... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-01-31, 5:00 AM #18
No. What has the guy actually DONE? The 'victim' essentially committed suicide. All he did was eat the corpse.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2004-01-31, 5:17 AM #19
Well since assistant suicide is illegal, although I think it should be legal, it is pretty disgusting to eat someone. You'd have to be slightly crazy to try to bite off someone's penis and then eat their whole body.

------------------

2004-01-31, 5:44 AM #20
Why?
2004-01-31, 6:31 AM #21
So you mean to tell me you think it's perfectly normal to bite off someone's penis?

------------------

2004-01-31, 6:37 AM #22
*this has been a reminder to whom ever thinks a massassi convention would be a good idea* [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-01-31, 6:43 AM #23
Wanting your penis to be bitten off is not normal. It would be extremely painful. Humans don't normally like painful things. Hence, doing it is not normal, as someone would normally get mad, and you would get thrown in jail.
2004-01-31, 7:01 AM #24
Wait, so being 'not normal' is supposed to be a crime now?
Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, Freud, Marx, Darwin, Einstein, Hawking..

All of these people are/were extremely 'not normal'.
2004-01-31, 7:08 AM #25
I'm not really taking sides.. just neutrally stating why it's abnormal.
2004-01-31, 8:01 AM #26
Biting off a penis is not a crime, but it IS weird. You see people in mental hospitals for stuff like that. He obviously has some problem, or else everyone would be going around doing that stuff.

------------------

2004-01-31, 8:30 AM #27
*is suddenly reminded of the Martha Stewert Unliving decorators catalogue.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-01-31, 9:30 AM #28
if i saw a cannibal come towards me[yes im of topic] i would kill em and feed em to a wolf blowup the wolf put its oeices in a spaceship and send it of to the sun! ahahahah..agagaga.cogh cough.[back on topic] this is so freaking gross they shouldve givien him life for well obvios things...coughCANNABLEcough

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs

[This message has been edited by imsoshort (edited January 31, 2004).]
2004-01-31, 9:58 AM #29
I think I understand the above reply, but I can't be too sure.

------------------

2004-01-31, 12:53 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imsoshort:
if i saw a cannibal come towards me[yes im of topic] i would kill em and feed em to a wolf blowup the wolf put its oeices in a spaceship and send it of to the sun! ahahahah..agagaga.cogh cough.[back on topic] this is so freaking gross they shouldve givien him life for well obvios things...coughCANNABLEcough

</font>

wo...n...ye...b...urm...er...bu...um..
no.

[This message has been edited by Mort-Hog (edited January 31, 2004).]
2004-01-31, 1:36 PM #31
/me stops chewing on manpenis

------------------
If everyone in the world were smart There would be no stupid people.
2004-01-31, 1:45 PM #32
I think it's gross, honestly.

Morally wrong? Maybe not. But it's gross.

Of course, I am a picky eater. (I don't like many green vegetables).
2004-01-31, 4:11 PM #33
I think Mort is just being argumentative. The fact is, there's a HUGE difference between developing the theory of relativity and wanting someone to bite your penis off. There's a reason that this guy isn't going to make it into Physics textbooks anytime soon. Obviously, this guy was a disturbed individual, and Meiwes probably should've directed him towards a psycholigist rather than frying up his wang and then using his carcasse to fertilize the lawn. Maybe manslaughter was a bit severe, but he definitely missed a warning sign. A healthy adult shouldn't want to be dismembered, bled to death, and then eaten.
2004-02-01, 2:10 AM #34
The only difference is that one abnormality turned out to benefit society and the other didn't. They're both just as abnormal. But sometimes it takes a long time for abnormalities to be recognised. Pythagoras is now heralded as the first ever pure mathmatician, but in 500 BC Pythagoras commited suicide because of the social pressure against him. I wonder what they will say about this man in 2000 years time.

Just because something defies social norms doesn't make it 'wrong'. The difference between 'insanity' and 'genius' depends upon the timeframe. There is no difference.
2004-02-01, 4:21 AM #35
So.... wait..... its genious if you desire to bite off someone's penis?

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Originally posted by GBK:

2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-02-01, 4:22 AM #36
Yes, but Pythagoras was indeed a great mathematican, just at the time everyone was ignorant and under-educated, so no one realized it.

What benefits to society are we going to understand a thousand years from now from a guy who wants to have his penis bitten off and the guy who did it? What great achievement is that?

Mort: If you seriously believe that both of these men are perfectly normal and are just being criticized for being different, then you seriously need your head checked.

------------------

2004-02-01, 5:46 AM #37
I thought I made it perfectly clear that these do defy the social norms and conventions, I'm just saying that there is nothing 'wrong' in doing that.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Yes, but Pythagoras was indeed a great mathematican, just at the time everyone was ignorant and under-educated, so no one realized it.
</font>

Exactly. Now, in 2000 years, do you not think that folk will look at you and think that you are ignorant and under-educated?
Perhaps society will then have developed to accept cannibalism, and eat the bodies of the dead to sustain themselves. I mean, it makes a lot more sense than just dumping a corpse in a hole in the ground. They would see this guy as a genius, a man before his time, much in the same way that we see Pythagoras today.
But that's probably unlikely.
No, the real achievement of this guy, for the short-term at least, is to make people question themselves, to spark up threads of thought like this. If everyone followed the 'norms' then nothing would change, society wouldn't develop.
Like I said, the only difference between Meiwes and Einstein is that one abnormality turned out to be useful for society and the other not. In 100 abnormal people, one of those might develop something socially useful.
In the 1960s as physicists began to be able to measure the behavior of atoms and molecules, a whole host of theories were published to form a model of those. Lots of them were branded as outlandish or just plain crazy, and one of those was String Theory. It is only in the last 5 years or so that physicists have begun to take String Theory seriously. Out of all those 'crazy' theories, one became useful.

The problem is that there aren't enough abnormal people.
2004-02-01, 5:58 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
The problem is that there aren't enough abnormal people.</font>

Since when

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-02-01, 6:24 AM #39
Since 500 BC, heh? :-)
2004-02-01, 8:42 AM #40
Not enough normal people?

ROFL!!!

------------------

↑ Up to the top!