Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WTH is up with KotOR?
WTH is up with KotOR?
2004-02-01, 4:17 PM #1
Everyone seems to be having problems with it. I'm flying away from Malak's ship, killed all the fighters, and it's just sitting there, doing nothing.. Um?

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-01, 4:24 PM #2
If you have updated it already, try going through it again. I haven't heard of that problem.
2004-02-01, 4:49 PM #3
I've never had an issue with it, at all.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-01, 5:02 PM #4
The only problems I ever had with it were some sound issues in some taxing areas, but that was fixed by the patch.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-02-01, 5:47 PM #5
Ahh, the patch did it.

Heh, before it was patched, after you fend of Malak the first time and he runs off, the second fight never initiated - and it allowed me to go to the docking bay - alone! After I fended off the fighters, it just sat there forever.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-01, 6:04 PM #6
The only problem I had was because I was a loser and used cheats. But I am happy to say that the line has been removed from my .ini file. I'm 30 hours into a game now, and no cheats used. Yay me!

------------------
I think everyone should have to take a test to determine their eligibility to have children. If they failed, they'd be fixed. We'd have fewer stupid people that way.
2004-02-02, 6:39 AM #7
great game played through 2 times already, each time finishing with a better character...

so many items that i miss each time....little sub-plots....

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots website

Rbots
2004-02-02, 6:44 AM #8
My total time was something like 42 hours; I took my time. That doesn't include loading save games and taking alternate routes. When I got to Kashyyyk, I intended on staying true to the light side, but all that racism got to me and I let Big Z break some skulls. I eventually fell to the dark side, then reloaded!

------------------
"And I listen for the whisper of your sweet insanity, while I formulate denials of your affect on me. You're a stranger, so what do I care. Vanish today, not the first time I hear, all the lies..."

[This message has been edited by Mr. Alias (edited February 02, 2004).]
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-02-02, 6:54 AM #9
Playing it now, and the Bastila romance sub-plot has my interest peaked.

But in talking with Jolee, something he told me made me think that there was no way my main ends up with Bastila in the end; light side anyway.

Anyone know if you end up with Bastila or not at the end of the game? Or does she just say 'it was fun, but I am off to be a jedi now, cya!' ?

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-02, 7:21 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:

Anyone know if you end up with Bastila or not at the end of the game? Or does she just say 'it was fun, but I am off to be a jedi now, cya!' ?
</font>

do you really want to know...?plus playing through as a female there is a sub-plot along the similiar lines with carth....

[edit]

do not go here if you haven't fought malak yet and hence found out the twist

as a side note...when you've finished the game...playing as a female you might want to check out this..

http://home.earthlink.net/~kotorff/gaider/gaider.html

it was written by one of the writers and is an un-offical ending to the carth/*cough* romance[/edit]

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

Rbots website

[This message has been edited by James Bond (edited February 02, 2004).]

Rbots
2004-02-02, 7:29 AM #11
Well, yeah. For the Bastilla ending for the lightside guy, I really want to know.

What can I say, I am a spoiler fiend...

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-02, 7:35 AM #12
spolier...
yeah if you follow through the plot lines, you will end up getting together, you have to help her back from the darkside...and your love for each other has a major part to play in that.

[edit] not sure playing through as a darkie how it pans out...i'd guess as she's fallen already to the dark side you just join up....not sure[/edit]
------------------

Rbots website

[This message has been edited by James Bond (edited February 02, 2004).]

Rbots
2004-02-02, 7:49 AM #13
spoiler
Ok, I know about how the love angle brings her back to the light, but in the game ending, are you actually together?

I read that when you help her out, she just sends you after Malak - is that the end of it, or is there a formal "getting together" in the ending?

------------------
2004-02-02, 8:04 AM #14
*Spoiler*

If you play through as, you end up becoming Revan again with Bastila at your side. Dn't know if it's a hook-up, necesarily

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-02, 8:50 AM #15
Spoiler

No, if you play through the dark side ending, there is no alusion to any love at all between Revan and Bastila like the light side. However, the two of them are together at the head of the Sith Empire, so who really knows? The dark side ending is a little more vague than the other one (I want to know what happened to Carth! Is it even possible to go find him as a darkie? He ran off like a coward, and left Mission and Zaalbar to die! What a coward. He must pay. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif] )

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-02-02, 10:28 AM #16
Spoiler.........

I read that if you are a girl dark jedi, get through the romance plot with Carth prior to both Korriban and Leviathan, and find his son on Korriban also prior to Leviathan, and then finish out the romance plot (yes, again before leviathan), there is an option at the end of the game to kill a teary-eyed Carth.

Of course, there is also the option of Carth sticking by you, even though you are evil, which I also heard about. No idea on how to get either, but I plan on going Dark Jedi female next to explore the options.

------------------
2004-02-02, 11:06 AM #17
Spoiler?
I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine a chick named Revan. Even with the guy it sounds a little weird. I'm not even sure that's the characters original name, since it had Darth in front of it(Sidious, Maul, Vader were all made-up sith names too). Of course, I don't intend to play through as a girl(this is my third time...second time i started over though) because it's just too fun to mess with Bastila and I doubt I'll ever play the game again(stupid thing needs multiplayer). Besides, Carth is a grade A wuss-***. But who knows, I may get a heart someday.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-02, 11:26 AM #18
Carth's a wuss? What ever. He always kicked *** for me.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-02, 11:34 AM #19
God.. Carth was such a pansy, I HATED using carth.. but then again, people say mission sucked, I ended up using her all the time, she was one of my best characthers

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-02, 11:37 AM #20
I never used mission or zalbaar, I didn't even talk to them at all. I always used Bastila and Canderous - once The crazy old guy became available I used him - until I killed him. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-02-02, 11:38 AM #21
god I hate all of you. After reading this thread, I went to go continue my KotOR game, and I just stared at it, cussed, and deleted it and started a new one as a female. I hope your happy.

I'm not going to use cheats this time except for certain crystals, weapons, and equipment(to boost attributes), plus repair skill(to optimize HK-47)

concerning my new character, I'm going to do the GCH Jedi. It seems pretty good. The one thing I don't like is the 8 INT. I dont want to have a stupid character. Maybe it won't affect dialogue.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid

↑ Up to the top!