Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Super Bowl....Commercials
Super Bowl....Commercials
2004-02-01, 1:59 PM #1
I just saw an old guy trip an old lady to get a bag of Lays chips, then the old guy got the chips, but the old lady had his false teeth. Gotta love Super Bowl commercials.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-01, 2:17 PM #2
lol im no football fan nor am american
but that sounds halarios

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs
2004-02-01, 2:33 PM #3
The commercials will be located here,
http://www.adbowl.com
(once the tremendous amount of traffic dies down).
2004-02-01, 3:19 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
I just saw an old guy trip an old lady to get a bag of Lays chips, then the old guy got the chips, but the old lady had his false teeth. Gotta love Super Bowl commercials.

</font>

Except for the fact that that commercial has been around for atleast a year. Lame, really. You would hope for new commercials.

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2004-02-01, 4:41 PM #5
That was one of a total of THREE really GOOD commercials for the entire game. The commercials this year sucked big time. There is no better or nicer way to say it.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-01, 4:53 PM #6
The Budwieser commerical n the first quarter was the best. The one with the coach yelling at the ref. Hilarious and true [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-01, 4:57 PM #7
I remember that there were like 3 or 4 funny ones, but I can't even remember them now, so they couldn't have been that great...

------------------
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
2004-02-01, 4:59 PM #8
I think the AOL high speed ones with the motorcycle guys are funny.

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-01, 5:05 PM #9
the one with budlight and the dogs was the best.

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-02-01, 5:07 PM #10
My favorite was the one near the beginning where the guy's dog fetches a Bud Light when he says 'fetch', and then after the other guy says 'Bud Light' his dog bites the first guy's crotch and the other guy catches it.
2004-02-01, 5:13 PM #11
My favorite was "Seattle: 1953" and the little boy who had to choose between Pepsi and Coke, then chooses and drinks the Pepsi and sees a guitar in the pawn shop window. It wasn't particular funny or catchy, but I thought it was cool. It brought a smile to my face.
2004-02-01, 5:56 PM #12
I always disliked how Pepsi's commercials always rip on Coke rather than expound on its own product's qualities. It's like they are compensating for something, if you know what I mean.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-01, 6:01 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KnobZ:
The commercials will be located here,
http://www.adbowl.com
(once the tremendous amount of traffic dies down).
</font>

Hmm the sites back up but it seems they arent hosting the commercials, just voting ballots for them...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-01, 6:05 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GeneralRamos:
Except for the fact that that commercial has been around for atleast a year. Lame, really. You would hope for new commercials.

</font>

Seriously. It's hard to believe that they probably paid several million to run that ad even though it's so old.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-01, 6:40 PM #15
The best commercial I've ever seen: 30 seconds of a monkey, just dancing, then the text "We just wasted 2 million dollars. What will you do with your money?" I forget what company it was for, heh.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-02-02, 3:05 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hellequin:
My favorite was "Seattle: 1953" and the little boy who had to choose between Pepsi and Coke, then chooses and drinks the Pepsi and sees a guitar in the pawn shop window. It wasn't particular funny or catchy, but I thought it was cool. It brought a smile to my face.</font>

Jimi Hendrix [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

The AOL ones were flat out lame.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-02, 3:27 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
The best commercial I've ever seen: 30 seconds of a monkey, just dancing, then the text "We just wasted 2 million dollars. What will you do with your money?" I forget what company it was for, heh.

</font>

I remember that. That was the best commercial that year - in fact, it was the only good one. Until this year, the Superbowl ads have been horrible. This year they were just 'ok', but a step up from the past 5.

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-02, 3:31 AM #18
Quote:

</font>

I was just talking about that Satuday. Haha, it was the best commercial I've ever seen...

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-02, 4:11 AM #19
Heh... I loved the car commercials, they were the best... And the budweiser commercials (ones with the football ref's, tee hee... open fly...) I wasn't really rooting for any team, I don't watch football that often, but HOLY **** that was a good game [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] the half time show wasn't that bad either... cept for Justin Timberlake, who had no place at a superbowl half-time show... in my opinion anyway... :|

------------------
Fragment Thoughts consume my vision.
No-one knows what it's like to be the bad man,
to be the sad man Behind Blue Eyes.

- The Who
2004-02-02, 7:07 AM #20
Quote:

</font>

I rememer that. that was hilarious. It was for E-Trade, i believe, though i have no idea why i remember.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-02-02, 2:42 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hellequin:
My favorite was "Seattle: 1953" and the little boy who had to choose between Pepsi and Coke, then chooses and drinks the Pepsi and sees a guitar in the pawn shop window. It wasn't particular funny or catchy, but I thought it was cool. It brought a smile to my face.</font>

I agree. It wasn't really that funny overall, but I laughed a bit when it played the accordion (instead of guitar) and said "Whew! That was close." [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-02, 2:44 PM #22
Holy sh...

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-02-02, 2:52 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Holy sh...

</font>

yep, probably my favorite one, though there may be one or two other good ones, the commercials have been sucking recently

------------------
If there is a 50% chance that you are going to be right, there is a 90% chance that you will choose the wrong one ~SithNazgul, the 50-50-90 rule
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2004-02-02, 4:42 PM #24
BlueLight had the best commerical of the night? Wanna try my lip gloss?

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-02, 5:34 PM #25
The ironic thing about most of the Bud commercials (the farting horse, biting dog...) is that anyone that found them funny are too young to drink anyway.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-02-03, 3:45 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
The ironic thing about most of the Bud commercials (the farting horse, biting dog...) is that anyone that found them funny are too young to drink anyway.

</font>

Thats not true. My parents thought that those were hilarous. Along with my relatives and teachers.
2004-02-03, 4:17 AM #27
Ok, I think www.ifilm.com has the commercials hosted, for those who didnt watch and want to see them.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage

↑ Up to the top!