Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → PoP: Sands of Time
PoP: Sands of Time
2004-02-01, 3:22 PM #1
Yup, just got the game a night ago. Have only played it a little bit, so no spoilers. So far it seems OK, not as good as I hoped, but that's just because about the only thing I don't like is the controls. I'm not used to moving the character with the keyboard, and moving the camera with the mouse. Don't like that other type of alternate view either. For the love of God give me some strafe!

------------------
Please frame your insults in the form of a question.

"What a bunch of blowhards." - Kieran Horn
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-02-01, 3:40 PM #2
Get a gamepad!! PoP is soooo much better on console than PC.

That game rocked. Kinda short, but the 2 days I spent playing it totally kicked *** . The fighting is a little simplistic (you end up using the same 2 moves throughout the entire game), but the level design is truely inspired. It's like all the best bits of Tomb Raider, but a million times better.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-01, 3:59 PM #3
Couldn't imagine playing it with a keyboard.. the controls *are* vital, especially once you need to pass those sharp, mechanical.. things.
2004-02-01, 4:44 PM #4
Meh, once you get a good handle on the keyboard controls, the keyboard is really good

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-01, 4:49 PM #5
Yeah, it is.

The toughest part for me has been those guys with the double bladed rods. They always grab me when I try to hop over them.
2004-02-01, 5:02 PM #6
The blue guys? Yeah, they're kinda annoying. Just get near a wall then wall-dive and dagger them, works almost every time.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-01, 5:08 PM #7
i suggest getting a good dual shock clone at least... you can get a decent one for $18 at walmart (Interact Axis Pad FX) or if you have a console you could get an adapter if you want to go that way

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-01, 5:34 PM #8
I used this to play PoP:SoT. I found it to be more than satisfactory, and IMO, it's best on PC with a gamepad (pc graphics are unbearably blurry, it does not do the game justice)

[http://massassi.net/serious/oS/xboxcontrol_sm.jpg]

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-02-01, 5:49 PM #9
ps graphics are unbearable blurry, i assume you mean?

------------------
WOOSH.
-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-02-01, 5:53 PM #10
gamecube version > PC, XBOX, and PS2 versions

------------------
landfish -Official Massasi Brute Squad Member.....ph34r meh
wraa!
7 of 14 in the council of 14
"im not close-minded. you're just wrong" -Bucky Katt "Get Fuzzy"
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-02-01, 5:56 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 7:
gamecube version > PC, XBOX, and PS2 versions

</font>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno

------------------
wang is within all
2004-02-01, 6:18 PM #12
That was a problem I was having. If I look in one directing, it's sharp and crisp, and in another, blurry and pixelated.

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-02-01, 6:57 PM #13
I played it on Gamecube and it reigns as like my favorite game of the last, say, 3-4 years. Short, but sweet.

I just wish it weren't short.

------------------
I'm going to go out and do stuff, like besides work. Call up ben, hang out. Maybe see the last samurai, go skydiving, whatever.
Get back into the gym...
I want to do stuff that prevents me from playin video games so I can only play them a few hours a day, basically.
(Formally Veger, who died when he lost his e-mail adress, and his password. Veeger still looks for his old pass...)
I'm going to go out and do stuff, like besides work. Call up ben, hang out. Maybe see the last samurai, go skydiving, whatever.
Get back into the gym...
I want to do stuff that prevents me from playin video games so I can only play them a few hours a day, basically.
(Formally Veger, who died when he lost his e-mail adress, and his password. Veeger still looks for his old pass...)
2004-02-01, 7:00 PM #14
It was... OK.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-02-01, 7:12 PM #15
To be more descriptive, I played it through the first time, and was completely disappointed when it was over because I couldn't play it anymore. I played it through a second time. Now I want to play it again, but I know I've already seen it all...so I can't play it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif].

------------------
Get back into the gym...
Get back into the gym...
2004-02-01, 10:12 PM #16
They seemed to have taken out the combat system I loved so much. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-02, 3:51 AM #17
Quote:
gamecube version > PC, XBOX, and PS2 versions</font>

Why?

Seriously, this is a game I will buy if I ever see it for less than $50 (rented it before), and have both a PS2 and a GC. So why the is GC version better than all 3?

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-02, 4:19 PM #18
i have played the ps2 version, and it just isn't as good as is on the gamecube, the graphics just aren't the same, and i don't know about xbox and pc, pc requirements are kinda steep and xbox...well thats just microsoft so yea....

------------------
wraa!
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-02-02, 5:15 PM #19
Riight... So that wasnt really based on anything [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-02, 5:16 PM #20
Quote:
i have played the ps2 version, and it just isn't as good as is on the gamecube, the graphics just aren't the same, and i don't know about xbox and pc, pc requirements are kinda steep and xbox...well thats just microsoft so yea....

</font>

here is how it should be

PC>Xbox>GCN>PS2

the only real difference is the graphics

------------------
wang is within all
2004-02-02, 8:02 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:
I used this to play PoP:SoT. I found it to be more than satisfactory, and IMO, it's best on PC with a gamepad (pc graphics are unbearably blurry, it does not do the game justice)

[http://massassi.net/serious/oS/xboxcontrol_sm.jpg]

</font>

What's that thing called? Does it only work for XBox controllers?

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-02-03, 1:02 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
What's that thing called? Does it only work for XBox controllers?

</font>

i can answer for him... it's a cable section from an xbox bearkaway cable combined with a usb cable... similar to this except he made his himself

------------------
wang is within all
2004-02-03, 2:23 PM #23
I don't own an X-Box, but...

X-Box>PC>GC>PS2

Why? Lucky X-Box owners can also unlock Prince of Persia 2 along with 1 like the other versions. Although control wise, I would say the PS2's version is the best.

Nevetheless, the game is great and more people should buy it. I can't wait for the sequel that has just been confirmed...
2004-02-03, 3:35 PM #24
SEQUEL?!?!? LINK NOW PLZ

------------------
wraa!
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-02-03, 3:42 PM #25
The XBOX controls were fabulous.
Those bees all have paws!
2004-02-03, 3:45 PM #26
The cell phone version for Motorola v300 is fun. No 3d goodness though [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

http://www.gameloft.com/us/product_page.php?item=1196

------------------
"Life is like a vending machine, sometimes you don't get nothing."
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2004-02-03, 4:01 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
I don't own an X-Box, but...

X-Box>PC>GC>PS2

Why? Lucky X-Box owners can also unlock Prince of Persia 2 along with 1 like the other versions. Although control wise, I would say the PS2's version is the best.
</font>

I heard that both Prince of Persia 1 and 2 were unlockable in all versions...

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!