Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Never would have guess this
Never would have guess this
2004-02-02, 4:49 PM #1
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=624&ncid=624&e=8&u=/ap/20040201/ap_on_sc/birds_clear_danger_1

Who would have thought Glass was dangerous to birds?

------------------
Come on, shake the Nub,..... you know you want to.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-02-02, 4:54 PM #2
Wow, that heading is just........wow

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-02, 4:54 PM #3
I stopped reading here.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Expert Says Glass Is Major Threat to Birds </font>

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-02, 5:03 PM #4
Wow, That's amazing, I never would have guessed that glass could be harmful to animals.

[/SARCASM]

------------------
*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "S-TROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"
2004-02-02, 5:06 PM #5
"Buildings that we have created to be aesthetically pleasing are slaughtering birds."

I love that line.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-03, 12:04 AM #6
1) birds fly into our windows and seem fairly unharmed.

2)

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> "Glass is ubiquitous and it's indiscriminate, killing the fit and the unfit,"</font>

wouldn't it kill the birds that have a higher chance of flying into windows, so future birds aren't harmed :P

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-03, 12:18 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Buildings that we have created to be aesthetically pleasing are slaughtering birds."</font>

Thank you, Nubs. That made my day.

------------------
Space Colony Inc. Phoenix Suburban City Dereliction
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-02-03, 3:36 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:

wouldn't it kill the birds that have a higher chance of flying into windows, so future birds aren't harmed :P

</font>

Unfortunately, evolution takes so long to actually change a species, that it would be a couple of thousands of years at least before we started seeing only smart birds that did not fly into windows.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-03, 3:58 AM #9
I beleive making a medicine that boosts the birdies intelligence would pretty much solve the bird-window problem.

------------------
"I like pie alot.
Thats why i look like a pie.
With banana cream."

-Unknown artist
2004-02-03, 4:00 AM #10
Isn't glass harmful to anything? I'll cut anyone who says any diffrent.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-03, 7:54 AM #11
I read that last night and thought that this guy deseveres the "Captain Obvious" or "No **** Sherlock" award.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-03, 8:59 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:

Unfortunately, evolution takes so long to actually change a species, that it would be a couple of thousands of years at least before we started seeing only smart birds that did not fly into windows.
</font>

Alright. So lets just use seagulls. Say every year, one million seagulls get killed by flying into a window. Now, lets say that in an average seagulls life, it produces 20 baby seagulls, 10 of which live to produce baby seagulls. Now lets say there are 100 million seagulls.
Hmm.. Seems like the seagulls will survive. Damn. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

I say we need to speed up the evolutionary process a bit..

/me chases seagulls around with glass windows

*note- The above post was 100 percent sarcasm and funnies, not meant to be taken seriously.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-03, 9:10 AM #13
I personally dislike the sound of a bird thudding into a window in my vicinity. With a few exceptions (like pigeons) I like birds and they do a wonderful job of keeping the insect population in line (while I dislike insects some do play an important part).

------------------
"Life is like a network of roads, you keep on running till you hit a dead end."
2004-02-03, 9:11 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Terra111:
I beleive making a medicine that boosts the birdies intelligence would pretty much solve the bird-window problem.

</font>

Then we'd have ultra-intelligent birds to deal with. Perhaps still bitter from our glass-induced genocide.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited February 03, 2004).]
2004-02-03, 9:14 AM #15
That's a scary thought

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-03, 9:16 AM #16
Even if all birds die off, we still have clay pigeons.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-03, 9:18 AM #17
PULL!!!

------------------
2004-02-03, 11:31 AM #18
*BANG*

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum
(I can see your house from up here)
"But he's not going to carry you three" said Death.
"Why not?"
"It's a matter of the look of the thing"
"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it" said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse"

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-02-03, 12:24 PM #19
i dont consider myself mean or cruel, but people with levels of idiocy this high deserve to be sent to the sun in a rocket.

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-02-03, 4:06 PM #20
I'm going to trawl around below skyscrapers with a wheelbarrow and sell some "cornish game hens."
2004-02-03, 7:48 PM #21
My cats and dog have run into glass doors we have. I've seen people run into glass doors.

Why are birds more special?

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-03, 7:52 PM #22
*heart* happydud

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-03, 8:18 PM #23
On a related note, we had TWO birds smash into a window and die at school yesterday. Happened about 20 minutes apart.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.

↑ Up to the top!