Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Half-Life 2 sets a date
Half-Life 2 sets a date
2004-02-03, 10:41 AM #1
http://money.cnn.com/2004/02/02/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

Now remember its Summer 2004, not April :P

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-03, 10:43 AM #2
Yeah.. Lets hope it doesnt catch Duke Nukem Forever-itis

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-03, 10:46 AM #3
Duke Nukem has been in production forever.
PUN'D!!!

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-03, 11:08 AM #4
Here's hoping

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-03, 11:10 AM #5
"Summer" is only a slight step up from "when it's done"....

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-03, 1:03 PM #6
thats the last straw, i will not be buying this game if it ever comes out. it will be forgotten forever. screw valve and screw half-life.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-02-03, 1:36 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crimson:
thats the last straw, i will not be buying this game if it ever comes out. it will be forgotten forever. screw valve and screw half-life.
</font>

Would you rather want the game to be released in an unfinished state now? Blame Valve for trying to create a great game. Obviously, it was a mistake to set the September 30th release date in stone, and although it would've been delayed regardless, let's keep in mind that the code theft has to have had some sort of impact on the project.

The general "oh, I'm not buying this game not that it's delayed" mentality is just childish.
2004-02-03, 1:38 PM #8
At this rate, Half Life 3 will be out beofre Half Life 2.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-02-03, 1:41 PM #9
I'd much rather wait than have a buggy as hell disappointment like at least one recent highly anticipated release.

...and beleive me no-one is more disappointed HL2 has been pushed back than me given it's one reason I decided to build a new rig last aug/sept. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-02-03, 1:43 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crimson:

</font>

And never mind the fact that part of the problem was someone stealing the source.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-03, 3:01 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
And never mind the fact that part of the problem was someone stealing the source.

</font>

i still think they leaked the source to have a reason to delay so they could replace all the scripted crap with actual AI

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-03, 3:11 PM #12
I have a sudden urge to smash something with a crowbar. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

A friend swapped me his half-life cd in exchange for something of mine that he wanted and HL is awesome for such an old game. (I'm currently playing "surface tension." ) The graphics are remarkably good even by today's standards.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited February 03, 2004).]
2004-02-03, 3:27 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i still think they leaked the source to have a reason to delay so they could replace all the scripted crap with actual AI</font>

Probably, I doubt the AI will be able to do most of the stuff they advertised anyway.
Cheating sciptors....
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-02-03, 3:43 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

i still think they leaked the source to have a reason to delay so they could replace all the scripted crap with actual AI
</font>

Recalling the turmoil surrounding the leak, the spreading of the source code across MIRC early on and the generally dense concentration of "elite hackers" and responses from the leaker(s), I honestly do not believe this is fake at all. Valve is in serious mumbojumbo with the law as is (bringing the FBI into this and facing a possible legal battle with the creators of Havoc). *Any* company would have to be stupid to try to fake something like this, and I consider Valve to be a lot better than that, with a lot more to loose.
2004-02-03, 3:48 PM #15
...leaking source code just so they can delay a game. That would be the stupidest thing in the history of gaming and whilst Valve has made plenty of bonehead moves of late, I don't buy them doing that for a second.

------------------
2004-02-03, 3:59 PM #16
It was me! I hated Half Life so I stole it... and I'm proud... PROUD I TELL YOU!

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-03, 4:05 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i still think they leaked the source to have a reason to delay so they could replace all the scripted crap with actual AI</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Some ludicrous conspiracy theorists will likely begin regurgitating the ridiculous story that the source code leak was intentional, so Valve would have an 'excuse' to delay the game.</font>

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-03, 4:13 PM #18
It wasn't on purpose, but they are using it to focus anger on a hacker instead of on Valve for not completing the game. No one says "****ing Valve!" only "****ing hacker!"

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-02-03, 4:23 PM #19
There's plenty of other games in the meantime to keep us entertained.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-03, 6:34 PM #20
Half-Life 2? Pffft, I don't really know will it be any good. For me Valve has just been bragging around with it's graphics and that, so there is a possibility that it will end up to be a sequel like Deus Ex 2.

But I should say something after the damn game is released, even though I'm not waiting for it. And like Spork said, there are many games that will feed our hunger before the HL2. Like KOTOR. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-02-03, 6:41 PM #21
Whens BattleFront coming out?

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-02-04, 8:09 AM #22
I'm not surprised that the release date was set so far back... Most of the guesses (and implications from Id), suggested that Doom3 would be out in mid-December last year, but that was before a lot of things, including the leaks from both HL2 and D3.

I'm waiting patiently for both games. The delays will give me time to build up MY machine, so that I may enjoy a framerate more decent than 10. The The ATI FireGL X2-256t... I wish I could have one (Imagine the SPEED!), but it makes the Radeon 9800XT look really cheap... the FireGL's US$899!!!
------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.

[This message has been edited by nottheking (edited February 04, 2004).]
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...

↑ Up to the top!