Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → VBasic question
VBasic question
2003-12-08, 5:45 AM #1
Say I want to create a launch program - how would I tell it to, upon clicking a button, execute a .bat file?

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-08, 6:01 AM #2
Shell "C:\File.BAT", vbnormalfocus

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-08, 6:02 AM #3
Muchas gracias. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-08, 6:07 AM #4
No problem. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-08, 9:10 AM #5
That's great for absolute paths, but it gets a bit trickier when you want to use the current working directory.

I know in VB6, there was a string App.Path that you could use to get the current working directory. I'm not sure about VB.net.

------------------
www.daveandrews.org - A Christian Programmer's Weblog
2003-12-08, 9:17 AM #6
Yeah, its app.path in vb6. I hope to God Wolfy aint using .NET.

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-08, 3:21 PM #7
GBK's worst enemy and best friend on the same page....

------------------
Mystic0 Editing Resources
Mystic0 Forum
The Massassi Post Count Summary(link works now)

↑ Up to the top!