Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Some people need to get a life...
Some people need to get a life...
2004-02-04, 4:38 AM #1
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,62157,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2 (Some Offensive Language)

Death Threats? Emails telling the guy hes going to go to hell for what he did? Yeesh. And to think I, as a long time PC supporter, was starting to warm up to the Mac Community and the possiblity of one day owning one myself.

I especially like the quote at the bottom from the parent who said that if their kid did something like that, they'd kill them.

------------------
"I just wanna get high... and lose control."

DSettahr's Homepage

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited February 04, 2004).]
2004-02-04, 4:42 AM #2
...That is very stupid.

Stupid people.

/me takes every component from every Mac and attaches them to own PC

BEE HEE HEE.

That still sounds like a situation where someone could shout: "NERDS". [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan

[This message has been edited by FastGamerr (edited February 04, 2004).]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-02-04, 5:23 AM #3
macs make people go kwazee!

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-04, 6:27 AM #4
cause they are sooooo good like little gummy bears.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-04, 6:32 AM #5
i bet mac has a bill gates type person who is evil putting mind controlers im em./SARCASM! god that is so dumb I HATE YOU YOU KILLED A PC HOLY@@@@ this people are losers! i mean like geez ITS A FREAKING PC GET REAL PEOPLe!hes not an evil man for taking a comp apart! maybe he just needed the money! oh ya then theres the whole fact that ITS A HOAX!!!

/rant

thanks for reading my rant

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs
2004-02-04, 6:40 AM #6
No. Actually it was a Mac. That.. was the whole point.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-04, 6:45 AM #7
mac pc its all the same...right?

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs
2004-02-04, 6:48 AM #8
The point was that Mac users are fanatical. We killed tons of Iraqi soldiers because their dictator was fanatical and crazy. I think we should've focused on the Mac corporate offices. Let's take Steve Jobs down.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-04, 6:53 AM #9
uhh. no.

Still, that's rediculous.

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-02-04, 6:53 AM #10
Anyone who gets that worked up over a few pieces of plastic, silicon, and metal probably should not be allowed to have access to e-mail... nor food and water.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-04, 6:59 AM #11
I'm using a mac right now (I'm in a computer class at uni) and I can't really see why people like macs so much. Sure,Mac OS X is stable and doesn't crash, but come on, it doesn't even have a floppy drive,(for the sake of backwards compatibility) much less a second mouse button. Furthermore, this is an old G3, so the strain of running OS X is pushing it to its limits, thus making it slow as hell.

To make matters worse, the staff refused to install the mac version of firebird, so I have to use some sort of crappy "safari" browser, which is kind of like firebird but is definitely inferior.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-04, 7:08 AM #12
I don't have a floppy drive... Well actually I do, it just hasn't worked in 2 years and i've never actually needed to try and fix it.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-04, 7:11 AM #13
Yeah, Safari uses the KHTML redering engine, which, unfortunatly, has some trouble rendering frames. . . . But I hear they fixed that in the latest dev...

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-04, 7:28 AM #14
Hm i don't know if i'm just dumb but what exactly did he do... "gutting a PC", just putting PC components into a MAC?

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Originally posted by GBK:

2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-02-04, 7:36 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sats:
Hm i don't know if i'm just dumb but what exactly did he do... "gutting a PC", just putting PC components into a MAC?

</font>

He pretended to take apart a G5, gut it, and put a PC inside it. But it was all a hoax, he didnt actually gut a G5, he got his hands on a spare G5 case.

------------------
DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-04, 8:32 AM #16
The sad thing is, you would probably get similar flaming emails from GBK if you announced that you were uninstalling Linux in favor of Windows. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2004-02-04, 8:35 AM #17
I actually, *DID* uninstall Linux (Debian) to install W2K back on my laptop. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-04, 8:36 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeC:
The sad thing is, you would probably get similar flaming emails from GBK if you announced that you were uninstalling Linux in favor of Windows. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

I've done that.

Twice.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-04, 8:37 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mano:
I've done that.

Twice.

</font>

hehe... reminded me of the part in American Wedding where Stiffler says something to the effect of hating not hating Finch. To which he responds, "Well, I did **** your mother. Twice."

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-04, 8:48 AM #20
[Ehehehe, forget it. I thought it was the G4...]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.

[This message has been edited by GBK (edited February 04, 2004).]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-04, 8:50 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeC:

</font>

I've done that 3 times. First was Red Hat, then Libranet then finally Debian. Now i'm back to good old WinXP. *hugs Windows*
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-04, 9:14 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
He pretended to take apart a G5, gut it, and put a PC inside it. But it was all a hoax, he didnt actually gut a G5, he got his hands on a spare G5 case.

</font>

Thats probably why i didn't get it.... the extreme emails and complaints there were confused me...

*agrees with topic name*

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Originally posted by GBK:

2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-02-04, 9:23 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"His last message is kind of contrite, but a lot of people out there think he's covering up his butchery," Citarella said. "Some people think he's making it up to protect himself.

"I'm a parent, and if my son did something like this (hoax) I'd kill him."</font>

I had to laugh at that.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-04, 5:20 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Some people need to get a life...</font>

Or a sense of humor [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-04, 6:50 PM #25
Yeah, I'm a frequent visitor to the site, I saw that **** go down. The article was pretty believing. The only reason I thought he was crazy was because the Mac chasis is fugly as hell.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

There's the link for anyone who wants to read the original article.

[Edit: I really like that first picture as well. It looks like the G5 has some really *****in cooling.]

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.

[This message has been edited by JudgeDredd (edited February 04, 2004).]
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-02-04, 10:03 PM #26
I think the guy's a genius! Now he can present it as "a mac that's compatible!"

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"

↑ Up to the top!