Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I will soon become the proud owner of one of these....
I will soon become the proud owner of one of these....
2004-02-03, 3:16 AM #1
EBay is wonderful....

[http://us.st8.yimg.com/store4.yimg.com/I/wickedcoolstuff_1778_248152294]

Now, if only Art Asylum will produce an ISD of the same scale.

Oh, and on the topic of Star Destroyers, this proves that the globes on the bridge tower are not shield generators.

-Fox
2004-02-03, 3:20 AM #2
Well, what is its scale?

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-02-03, 3:24 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The naïve "testicle theory"</font>

Read your link, and when I got to that part, I just honestly busted out laughing.

One of the funniest things I have read in a damn while.

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-03, 3:27 AM #4
It's a 1:750 scale electronic model, so it's about 16" long. I'm really impressed with the level of detail and accuracy, too.

-Fox
2004-02-03, 3:29 AM #5
You should wait. They're coming out with a 1/350th (I think) scale model of the same ship next fall. 3 feet long.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-03, 3:32 AM #6
Oh, and on the topic of the 'Shield Generators':

A. Star Destroyers do not use Radar.

B. Tons of stuff from the movies that wasnt specifically mentioned got changed in the books and what-not. Nearly every alien in the cantina in Star Wars had a name different than what we know them by today.

Sorry, couldn't resist. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-03, 3:32 AM #7
I want a 1:1 scale model of the enterprize. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-03, 3:39 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Sorry, couldn't resist.</font>

Radar implies sensors, not shields.

As for the books and games, they're lower on the totem pole when it comes to canon. What's in the movies (including what was intended by the modelers, who have not been overriden in this case) is absolute canon.

Besides, it's ludicrous to have shield generators that aren't protected by their own shields.

-Fox
2004-02-03, 4:29 AM #9
You can only blow them without taking away the shields on easy
2004-02-03, 8:26 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
You should wait. They're coming out with a 1/350th (I think) scale model of the same ship next fall. 3 feet long.

</font>

Who? Where?
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-02-03, 12:26 PM #11
According to the games, you can still weaken a SD's sheilds without blowing off the globes. So they could be gens, just they poked at the sheilds long enough. And on XWA (I think..) You can Kamikaze through sheilds on cap ships if the sheilds are low enough... I think >_>

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-02-03, 12:32 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blujay:

Who? Where?
</font>

Santa Claus... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-03, 12:39 PM #13
Star Trek. Yuck. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-03, 12:45 PM #14
I thought Lucas himself was the source of absolute cannon.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited February 03, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-02-03, 6:58 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
I thought Lucas himself was the source of absolute cannon.

</font>

amen to that.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-02-03, 7:03 PM #16
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-02-04, 3:08 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I thought Lucas himself was the source of absolute cannon.</font>

Lucas was responsible for creating the hierarchy of officiality that we see, from screenplays and films down to the video games. Lucas also has to approve everything that is seen on screen, including the models. It is safe to assume that he approved of the sensor globes.

-Fox
2004-02-04, 8:20 AM #18
A 1:750 scale model of an ISD would be rather large... slightly over 7 feet! I'd just rather have an original model used in the movies (or a accurate replica)... But because of their ludicrous detail, a REPLICA would be about $5,000US...

------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-02-04, 8:24 AM #19
On the subject of Star Destroyers...

IT'S NOT REAL ANYWAY! THEY'RE NOT DEFELCTOR SHIELDS, BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY DON'T EXIST! IN ACTUALITY, IT'S JUST SOME FOUR FOOT LONG PLASTIC MODEL KIT!

Thank you for allowing me to settle the matter once and for all.
2004-02-04, 8:30 AM #20
You really do suck you know. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] You spoiled it... can't you just let us be nerds?

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-05, 4:07 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">A 1:750 scale model of an ISD would be rather large... slightly over 7 feet! </font>

No, I was referring to a model that's about the same size as the Art Asylum Ent-A, although there are a good number available already. Considering Art Asylum's craftsmanship, I wouldn't mind if they produced one, however.

-Fox
2004-02-05, 4:35 AM #22
I would buy Trek action figures, too, if I were you. I couldn't imagine having *just* the Enterprise. Ships shooting ships are fun only fer a while--you really need hand-to-hand fight scenes for it to be exhilarating.

[This message has been edited by moneyobie (edited February 05, 2004).]
2004-02-05, 6:21 AM #23
I want a model of the Enterprise-E. That ship is beauty.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-02-05, 7:58 AM #24
Oh.. you got it just to place it on a stand? Talk about boring.

↑ Up to the top!