Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's time for another Vigilante 8 /Interstate 76 game
It's time for another Vigilante 8 /Interstate 76 game
2004-02-03, 11:22 PM #1
I loved these games. I miss vehicle combat. Especially 70's vehicle combat. Vigilante 8 was just much cooler than the Twisted Metal series, and Interstate 76 was the first mission-based vehicle shooter. A new 70's car combat game is long overdue.

------------------
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

-Tazz
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2004-02-03, 11:28 PM #2
While I liked the Vigilante 8 series, Twisted Metal Black was so much better [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-04, 3:56 AM #3
Indeed.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-02-04, 7:09 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
...Twisted Metal Black was so much better [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]</font>

Twisted Metal Black didnt hold a candle to Twisted Metal 2. None of the sequals did. TM2 set the standard for vehicular combat, which few games have been able to match.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-04, 8:27 AM #5
Ah yes, Vigilante 8 was indeed a very, very awesome game.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-04, 8:31 AM #6
It sucked compared to Twisted Metal.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-04, 8:58 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
It sucked compared to Twisted Metal.</font>

No, it didnt suck, it just wasnt as good. There IS a difference....

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-04, 3:29 PM #8
STREETS OF SIM CITY. That is all.

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-02-04, 3:35 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:

</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Napalm is nature's toothpaste.
2004-02-04, 5:33 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:

</font>

YES! I can't even begin to fathom how many hours I spent on that game. Speaking of which, I think I'll reinstall it right now... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"I'm significant!.... Screamed the speck of dust."
-Calvin
2004-02-05, 8:24 AM #11
Well, I am still pro Vigilante 8 when it comes to the debate against Twisted Metal, but if we're playing TM2, that's different. It's about even then. But Vigilante 8 had personality. It had cool cars that weren't too far off from reality (except the spaceship) unlike the TM series (Axel anyone?). Plus the fact that when things were destroyed it had an effect on the rest of the environment. It also had the best graphics of any of the PS1 generation of vehicle combat games.

On a side note, I loved Twisted Metal Black when it came out, but recently I played it again. I wasn't that impressed. It was just way too 'dark' for me. I guess that's why I loved V8 so much. That cool 70's theme.

------------------

-Tazz

Tazz

↑ Up to the top!