Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Beware of exploding toilets
Beware of exploding toilets
2004-02-04, 9:32 PM #1
How random can you get?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">A so-called 'superloo' exploded in a town centre when an electrical fault caused water to surge back into the toilet, blowing off its roof and lifting the pavement. </font>

------------------
Lost in a flood, run red with your blood

I've just locked an open door. Strange, yet symbolically compelling!

[This message has been edited by Daeron the Nerfherder (edited February 05, 2004).]
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-02-04, 9:54 PM #2
Are they sure it wasn't Terrorists? Could've been shiites. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-04, 10:20 PM #3
BA DOOM PSS!!

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum
(I can see your house from up here)
"But he's not going to carry you three" said Death.
"Why not?"
"It's a matter of the look of the thing"
"It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it" said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse"

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-02-04, 11:10 PM #4
Bahahaha.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-02-04, 11:12 PM #5
BWUAHA, that's awesome. Nothing like a good old toilet 'sploding to get the heart pumping.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-02-04, 11:34 PM #6
Classic - simply classic [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

The scary thing is - that's near me - as in less than 25/30mins drive away. I now fear about using the toilet at home... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

How "unsettling"... (*insert a "case of the runs" joke here...*) [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

-Jackpot

------------------
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." - gothicX

"Life is mostly froth and bubble,
But two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own"
("Ye Wearie Wayfarer" - by Adam Lindsay Gordon)
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2004-02-05, 2:52 AM #7
yehehe
those kwazy English

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-02-05, 4:02 AM #8
Are they sure it wasn't kids with a cherry bomb?:P

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-02-05, 6:31 AM #9
/me recalls his fond memories of the Leeds 2002 riots, and the huge mushroom clouds enveloping the sky, as many many blocks of toilets exploded... and it was good

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-05, 9:12 AM #10
hehehehe

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-05, 9:23 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
Are they sure it wasn't kids with a cherry bomb?:P</font>

Pfft, I say it was those "energy bosses" and cherry bombs.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-05, 9:39 AM #12
I was sharing this story with a friend over AIM, and our conversation went:

me: I know... Imagine if someone had been using the toilet at the time... *snicker*
her: that would have been aweful
her: they could have been seriously injured besides getting a lot of crap blown on them
her: litterally crap
me: lol...

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-02-05, 10:06 AM #13
At least it wasn't an act of terrorism. Phew.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-05, 10:11 AM #14
now i am paranoid. i dont want a bloody colonic by accident if i sit on a friggin toilet!

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-02-05, 10:27 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lucky_jackpot:

I now fear about using the toilet at home... </font>[/quote]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"We would like to reassure domestic customers this isn't something that is likely to happen in their own homes.

"They have low voltage cables and lines going into their properties, their homes should not be sited over high voltage cables."</font>

That must have been some high voltage, indeed. Aren't there laws/guidelines against running high-voltage lines underground? I thought I saw that in the NEC handbook somewhere. If not, I bet it will be in the next update. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." -Hebrews 11:1
"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us[/i] is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ." -Ephesians 4:4-7

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC information
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-05, 11:16 AM #16
One of my science teachers had guys at his old school who would fluch M80's down the toilets and with the stupid plumbing in the building one ended up going off under an occupied toilet on the girl's side. Apparently people heard a large explosion and then constant screaming for a few minutes. The girl ended up soaked from all of the water gushing up from under her.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobbert006 (edited February 05, 2004).]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."

↑ Up to the top!