Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why doesnt anyone play JA anymore?
Why doesnt anyone play JA anymore?
2004-02-05, 11:05 AM #1
I just got this game, and I thnk the multiplayer part is badass. IT has been out for almost a year, yet no one, here at least, plays anymore? Que pas?

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-05, 11:07 AM #2
I never really got into MP. Played too much America's Army.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-05, 11:09 AM #3
to...much...system...requirements...my...comp...sucks!

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs
2004-02-05, 11:10 AM #4
More people play Quake 2 then JA, I can find atleast 10 or 20 full Quake 2 servers RIGHT now.

My guess is because JA sucks. Then again Quake 2 multiplayer isn't that hot either.

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-05, 11:17 AM #5
I never found the ja/jo mp very fun [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] Maybe that's because I always lose.
2004-02-05, 11:19 AM #6
Really? I found it like JK, just with enhance graphics, and more capabilities. Also it is nit just swinging your saber anymore, but a combination of stratgic moves. I had the feeling that any fan of JK would be a fan of JA. Maybe I am just pondering because there are never ANY full JA servers. If so, maybe 3 at the max.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-05, 11:25 AM #7
it's mostly only duel and powerduel servers left anymore, it would seem.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-02-05, 11:26 AM #8
JK's action is much more fast-paced than JA, in my opinion, and thus I was never as interested in JA's multiplayer as I was JK's.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-05, 11:28 AM #9
Just like JK... except very few of the weapons are accurate enough to be very fun. In fact, in JO/JA, the weapons pretty much all sucked except the saber. And I don't much like saber fighting, I was always more of a no force guns fan.
2004-02-05, 11:39 AM #10
You could totally destroy saber people in JO with guns. Even with the E11 in JO and JA, i find it easy to kill someone with a saber. You just have to play and find strategies that work against things people do that you dont like (and are cheap) and not just say the weapons suck. I know a lot of people who say Jo's weapons were perfectly balanced and looking back on it i think i agree. Of course JA's just look nicer... maybe someone can undo the changes the did and make the originally JO weapons in JA more like the JO versions and change the conc so it is more blanaced.

But even saying that the JO weapons suck is just... no.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-02-05, 11:43 AM #11
Oh dear... there are far too many people who believe the weapons in JO/JA were useless and inaccurate...

There are only two weapons that sucked in JO, the DEMP and the Saber.

My kills were pretty much evenly split between all the other weapons.

1) Bryar: incredibly accurate, very easy to kill people, only problem is charging time. Excellent basic weapon

2) Stormie Rifle: Inaccurate, high fire rate, good if you can get close to a saberist

3) DEMP: Only useful for knocking people off edges

4) Flechette: Excellent close-range attack for primary and useful parabolic secondary attack.

5) Repeater: Like Flechette, not quite as powerful, very good primary fire at close range

6) Rockets: Excellent, good speed, good damage.

7) Thermals: Very useful, i'm not kidding when I say that you can easily get a huge number of kills with them

8) Disruptor: I love this weapon, you can do anything with it. Short, Medium and Long range with incredible accuracy. Excellent against anyone, including Saberists.

9) Saber: Not actually that useful, however the kicks are good when used sparingly (kicking people off ledges is good). The acrobatic moves such as wall-walking redeem the saber somewhat.

10) Stun Baton: Amusing to use, if you try you could probably get a few kills with it.

11) Mines: Self-Explanatory, very powerful.

12) Bowcaster: almost forgot this, shouldn't have really, it's an excellent gun. The rebound shots are excellent when combined with force-seeing for shooting around corners. Very powerful primary fire when fully charged.

There are numerous videos demonstrating just how destructive all of these weapons can be at http://www.own-age.com but they're all pretty big downloads [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

JO isn't played much anymore because JA was released, and JA isn't played much because it's not as good as JO.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-05, 11:51 AM #12
The main problem, in my opinion, for JO/JA is push, choke, pull and lightning. Those powers are annoying.

The sabers reflect the shots back at you too much sometimes.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-05, 11:52 AM #13
I just hate that they made absorb suck in JO, compared to JK, where it was really useful against darkies

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-05, 11:57 AM #14
Actually, I'm playing with a mod for JO called Insta Disruption (sp?). One-shot kills games are quite fast-paced. No lightsaber and push/pull turned off.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited February 05, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-05, 12:00 PM #15
One word can explain why I don't play JA Multiplayer anymore: Kata! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith

↑ Up to the top!