Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → need help beating half-life
need help beating half-life
2004-02-04, 1:36 PM #1
Can anyone tell me what I should do on that Nilianth level right after you kill that big floating alien thing? I killed it, and now it's floating and blue and green lightning is coming out of it. Nothing else seems to be happening, so can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do now?

Thanks.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-04, 1:41 PM #2
I think you jump up on its head or something like that...

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-04, 1:47 PM #3
http://www.gamefaq.com

For all your walkthrough needs!

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-04, 1:48 PM #4
Yeah, I think you have to use the jump pads to jump into the teleportation thingamajig inside its head.

------------------
DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-04, 4:25 PM #5
Whoa, out of the corner of my eye I thought this thread said "Need help beating my wife".
2004-02-04, 4:27 PM #6
You can't beat half-life!?!?! The 'chicks' will be so dissapointed. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-02-04, 4:53 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fingarez:
Whoa, out of the corner of my eye I thought this thread said "Need help beating my wife".</font>

Wow. That's the funniest thing I've read tonight. Thank you. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-04, 5:24 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cazor:
You can't beat half-life!?!?! The 'chicks' will be so dissapointed. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

I'll get over it.

Btw, I can see that you continue to live up to your sig. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

BTW, who is the man in the suit? You see him at various points in the game (like on the other train at the very beginning, and in the office talking to the scientist in the Anomalous Materials portion of the game.) but never can get close to him unless you noclip to where he is). I'm sure that I'll find out soon enough anyway when I beat the game, but the suspense is killing me. Is he supposed to be the half-life counterpart to the cigarette-smoking man from the x-files or something? He does seem to fit that role, and he always seems to be around when something important happens.

[/B]

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-04, 5:31 PM #9
He is the G-Man. That is all you need to know. The ending explains his role in all this.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-04, 5:59 PM #10
Your game's bugged. The end sequence should begin after he finishes his death throes.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-02-04, 6:03 PM #11
Yeah, now that Acharjay mentions it I seem to recall getting stuck at that same spot when I played through using cheat codes...

------------------
DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-04, 6:11 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
Yeah, now that Acharjay mentions it I seem to recall getting stuck at that same spot when I played through using cheat codes...

</font>

DUN DUN dun...

------------------
Napalm is nature's toothpaste.
2004-02-04, 6:32 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fingarez:
Whoa, out of the corner of my eye I thought this thread said "Need help beating my wife".</font>

Hehehe, that was good. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-05, 5:36 AM #14
Load the previous level, turn off cheats, and try again.
2004-02-05, 10:38 AM #15
It's not necessarily cheats. I played through with cheats first time and it finished fine.

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-02-05, 11:56 AM #16
There is a portal that opens in the Nihilanth's head. You jump into the portal, and you go for MYSTERIOUS TRAM RIDE[/b].

------------------
2004-02-05, 11:58 AM #17
I thought you had to shoot him in his head with a rocket. Well it has been a while since i played it.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-02-05, 12:24 PM #18
When I beat it I got teleported just when i was on the ground. Once you kill that monster you get zapped to the tram no matter where you are (that's with and without cheats).
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2004-02-05, 12:38 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
I thought you had to shoot him in his head with a rocket. Well it has been a while since i played it.

</font>

And to think I was trying to get away from my addiction..

/me goes off to play DooMII

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-02-05, 2:59 PM #20
never mind, I beat the game. The bottom line is that The G-man offers you a job. (presumably whatever that new job is exactly gets revealed in HL2, whenever those lazy sods at valve release it.)

------------------

↑ Up to the top!