Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A rant about the government
A rant about the government
2004-02-05, 1:55 PM #1
Ok, I'm pissed off here. There might be some language too, so beware.

I just finished my tax return. You know how Bush has been dry humping the country the past 4 years claiming tax breaks? Yeah, well, the starving college kids are getting screwed up our butts without vaseline.

2 years ago I did a tax return with an income of around $11K, I got a $500 tax return.

1 year ago I did a tax return with an income of around $11K, I got a $350 tax return.

This year, I did a tax return with an income of around $11K, I get a $156 tax return.

Now, how screwed up is that? I looked over my last 2 filings, and they are almost identical, and I loose that much money.

And this is of course after I get denied federal loans for financial aid because my house hold income is too high. Anyone have some vaseline for me? It's starting to hurt, and it's about to get worst.

My college put this new computer system in. It's called Datatel (http://www.datatel.com), and it is about as useless as the crap my dog took earlier today. This thing literally kicked me out of the system twice, after I payed. Never charged me though, and when I went back to registar, the classes were full and I had to find new ones.

Our old system ran fine. Sure it got some issues when heavy traffic hit it, but it didn't charge students and kick them out of classes.

The college paper had about 6 articles in it about how bad it sucks. Some students were actually kicked out of the system, AND charged for classes. Now if that is not a lawsuit waiting to happen.

And here is the fun part. Our school Chancellor, Dr. De Le Garza, just happens to be on the board at Datatel. Oh yeah, did I mention this computer system cost $10 million dollars[/i]? It is worst than Windows with a cocaine addiction.

I still need the vaseline here.

Well, after Dr. De Le Garza spent the $10 million for the system (which is probably work less than $100K) he got his kick backs. This is pretty common knowledge too at the college. Oh, and his kick backs he got of course was after his $250,000 yearly wage and his new home, paid for by the college.

But there is a plus. Datatel found it in there big hearts to give out scholarships to students. The only thing though is you'd have to be capable of bending over and giving yourself oral sex to get this scholarship. Of course I got denied, no shocker there.

So why not use the $10 million to, oh, I don't know, MAKE TUITION COST LESS AT THE DAMN SCHOOL?

Yes, today has been a great day for me.

[http://www.insidejoke.tv/images/200302/vaseline.jpg]

[This message has been edited by THRAWN (edited February 05, 2004).]
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-02-05, 1:56 PM #2
Move to Canada.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I just finished my tax return. You know how Bush has been dry humping the country the past 4 years claiming tax breaks? Yeah, well, the starving collge kids are getting screwed up our butts without vaseline.</font>

<3

/me hands THRAWN vaseline

------------------
Contrafribularities

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited February 05, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-05, 2:00 PM #3
I'm considering it, but I have to finish college first before I give this country the finger and leave.

------------------
2004-02-05, 2:08 PM #4
Um...anything insulting President (Oh I love him SOOOOOO much) Bush, will get the CIA, FBI, and Secret Service on your *** in a heart beat. Take careful notes.

Did I forget to mention that I love the nickname "Dubya"? Boy it makes Bush sound so bright. But he is a great man already.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-05, 2:12 PM #5
the reason for that (I suspect) is that they cut withholding rates on taxes, you lost no money, you just spent it because it wasn't taken out as much.
2004-02-05, 2:15 PM #6
Jeff Clark, no, last year I was taxed only $700 on with holdings and this year, $875. I still have my W2 forms from last year, I had to use them when I did my financial aid.

------------------
2004-02-05, 2:20 PM #7
also, the way public universities work, they won't ever spend the money to make tuition cheaper (not that $10 million would cut rates that much anyway) because that would result in them having even less money next time they beg for it. They raise rates in an attempt to at least maintain or increase the rate they get from the government, plus they get more money from the students then (who both complain to the government, applying more pressure, and will tend to view taxes for schools as more important later in life, thus benefiting them in the long run).

That's the way of the system.
2004-02-05, 2:26 PM #8
well, if they withheld more, than I wonder if you weren't at the borderline of a bracket, that's one of the things about the tax system, you can earn a little bit more money and end up losing far more because you move up a bracket. Very odd, since the rates weren't raised to my knowledge (though I am hardly a tax professional)

Sucks for you, though, I'm glad I decided to earn some real money before I go back to finish school (after I decide what career I really want).
2004-02-05, 2:35 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
Um...anything insulting President (Oh I love him SOOOOOO much) Bush, will get the CIA, FBI, and Secret Service on your *** in a heart beat. Take careful notes.</font>

Bomb president united states bomb allah terrorist al qaeda kill death maim destroy jihad poopoohead

Oh, yeah. Bring it, biotches.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-05, 2:45 PM #10
hey, at least the cia is only watching you, not throwing you (as a civilian) in prison indefinitely like Lincoln or putting you in a concentration camp (with only minimal food/shelter) like Roosevelt

why be so paranoid? conspiracy theory is so 90s
2004-02-05, 3:02 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jeff Clark:
well, if they withheld more, than I wonder if you weren't at the borderline of a bracket, that's one of the things about the tax system, you can earn a little bit more money and end up losing far more because you move up a bracket.</font>

I looked at the other brackets and had a difference of oh say $20.

------------------
2004-02-05, 3:03 PM #12
Oh and Jeff, this isn't the 90s.

------------------
2004-02-05, 3:41 PM #13
Did you have different with holding options? The size of your return doesn't really say much. How much did you you actually pay in taxes each of those years? You've got to look at the total that you pay in a year, not the return itself.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!