Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm going to make it.
I'm going to make it.
2004-02-05, 3:25 PM #1
I've applied to study jazz at three institutions - York University, University of Toronto and Humber College (all in southern Ontario). I have to send off a tape to York this weekend, finish up some U of T paperwork and book my Humber audition, but either way, I'm getting in somewhere - I mean, sure there's the odd chance that I'll be going up against a bunch of guitar prodigy kids who have been playing since they were 2 or something, but I really believe that I can do it.

Anyways, share your success stories or...yeah.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-02-05, 3:27 PM #2
I applied at the University of Michigan..when no one thought I was gonna make it with a D on my transcript. Made it in easily with a 1180 SAT...Makes me regret not sending in my apps to USC and UT.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited February 05, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-05, 3:36 PM #3
I've been in the highest band in my school for 4 years and 1st chair for the past two years. Yet, I have auditioned for All-State and Region Band and haven't made either of them once. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-05, 3:49 PM #4
I got into Cal with a 1200 on my SATs and I'm not a college athlete

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-05, 3:59 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
I got into Cal with a 1200 on my SATs and I'm not a college athlete

</font>

lol

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03