Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → i like to view 3do's!!!!
i like to view 3do's!!!!
2004-02-03, 8:12 PM #1
I didnt think the editing forum would be the right place for this but does anyone know of a GOOD 3do vewer that can also view 16 bit mats so i can showcase my work.

------------------
Nightfire Mod
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-02-03, 8:29 PM #2
I think there's a website that has 3do viewing programs somewhere, let me see if I can find the address. Here it is, www.massassi.net
2004-02-03, 9:18 PM #3
zing!

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-03, 9:58 PM #4
peh peh not funny ive downloaded them they only can do 8 bit mats not 16 i need 16.

------------------
Nightfire Mod

Rangi
2004-02-03, 11:05 PM #5
There's this great 3do viewer that does everything you want. You might not have it already, but it's called Jedi Knight.

Views 3dos with 16bit mats almost like it was made to!

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-02-04, 1:29 AM #6
Slap on some temporary 8 bit MATs on the 3do THEN veiw it. Not that hard.

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-02-04, 3:38 AM #7
You can open, view, and edit 3dos in JED. I think you use the 'import' option in the 'File' menu.

------------------
"I just wanna get high... and lose control."

DSettahr's Homepage

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited February 04, 2004).]
2004-02-04, 4:04 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
You can open, view, and edit 3dos in JED. I think you use the 'import' option in the 'File' menu.

</font>

He's got it.

This sounds like its definately an editing forum topic to me.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2004-02-04, 5:13 PM #9
Ok the jokes are getting lame. My model isnt up to being put in jedi knight yet jed cant shadow 3dos like a proper 3do viwer so i hate jed so stop making @$$es out of yourselves. The only good idea was the one about temporary 8 bit mats. The rest of you just dont get it.

------------------
Nightfire Mod

Rangi
2004-02-04, 5:41 PM #10
What's the point in shadowing 3dos if the game won't shadow them anyway? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-02-04, 5:43 PM #11
Actually the game will shadow 3dos if I understand what is meant by 'shadowing.'

Seriously though, just try it out in-game and take screens. It's your best bet by far.
2004-02-05, 10:52 AM #12
Yes, with the right lighting, JK will shadow the models. Try the Big Nar level and the Bespin Mining Station level; there are some areas in those levels that cause this shading. See pic below...(Click on it to go to its showcase)

[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/169/6.jpg]

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited February 05, 2004).]
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-05, 12:07 PM #13
Is there any particular reason you're all being complete jackasses and not just suggesting Zy's 3do viewer, which would do exactly what he wants, including the display of 16bit mats?

Now, as to where to find it, I dunno, 'cause I haven't been around for awhile, and don't know where his site is hosted now.
2004-02-05, 4:01 PM #14
You can get it at this site [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]. I'm sure you all have been here before...
BTW, OpenGL programs crash my computer for some reason (didn't used to). This includes all the friggin good ones, PuppetJedi, Joke, most of the JK2 editing software, etc, and also Zy's 3do viewer. I run Pjedi and Joke on my older PC which, surprisingly, runs it (considering it doesn't have a decent video card -- no 3d accel). I think that OpenGL stuff (includes screensavers, anything opengl) doesn't work on my newer one because of the VoodooBanshee drivers I got for Elite Force. Crap [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]. Don't know why I typed all this up, but here u go. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-05, 5:24 PM #15
I have zys 3do viewer how do you get it to do 16 bit mats i would use it but last time i tryed it on 16 bit mats it went screwy.

------------------
Nightfire Mod

Rangi
2004-02-05, 9:04 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a_person:
Ok the jokes are getting lame. My model isnt up to being put in jedi knight yet jed cant shadow 3dos like a proper 3do viwer so i hate jed so stop making @$$es out of yourselves. The only good idea was the one about temporary 8 bit mats. The rest of you just dont get it.

</font>

They saying so in your original post would help everyone out. We can't read your mind.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!