Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → TV Tuning Software help/info.
TV Tuning Software help/info.
2004-02-05, 12:31 PM #1
I need some third party software that works with most major TV tuners, the software that came with mine has poor quality sound, and not the best video compression. I dont know if the software can make a difference on the encoding or quality, or if it is all hardware based... but if anyone knows any programs i can use, itd be great...

im using a Winfast TV2000 XP

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-02-05, 12:32 PM #2
xawtv for viewing, ffmpeg or avirec for recording.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.

[This message has been edited by GBK (edited February 05, 2004).]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-05, 1:20 PM #3
Thanks!

------------------
2004-02-05, 1:48 PM #4
I have the same card as you I think. I had problems with sound when I was recording TV via the aerial connection, frustrating. Since then though I switched to connecting my satellite box to the card via s-video and running the sound in through my Audigy 2's line-in....fixed! Now the sounds is perfect.

So yeah I'm guessing the card has issues recording sound via the aerial connection.....and my fix won't exactly help if you don't have a sat box.....but I thought I'd mention it anyway [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Running the picture in via s-video has also improved the picture quality by lightyears. Been kicking myself the last few weeks for not doing this sooner when I first got the card. :-/

Oh, also, it might be a good idea to update the Winfast software/drivers if you haven't already. It improved the quality for me.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-06, 6:20 AM #5
Its hard to find the new drivers, winfast isnt a very friendly site from what i remember, I dont have a sat box in my room, nor the equip to run sound directly to my sound card... Thanks for the info tho, might try it out when I get a sat box in my room.

------------------
2004-02-06, 6:25 AM #6
I think everyone needs their own personal GBK

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!