Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm so very stupid...please bash me...
I'm so very stupid...please bash me...
2003-12-08, 9:30 AM #1
In September, I was pulled over by the police for speeding. Mistake #1, which cause my other problems. I was henceforth given a summons for driving without insurance, and to top it off, I forgot my license at home.

Now, there is a reason why I drove my car without insurance: My ride, a co-worker, called in sick that day, and my wife had already left for work in the insured van, and consequently I was left with my LeBaron, which was my project car that I was working on. Runnable, and running late for work. You get the picture I'm sure.

So, today I was to appear in court, which I did, and received my penalty fines. Jail time was mentioned, but I have dependants, and a really good paying management job, so the jail time was thrown out the window, and the requested fine of $5000.00 was reduced to the minimum $2500.00, with a $375 victim fee on top of that. My other three tickets were $250, $270, and $177, and the judged ruled a $50 fee on top of those three fines.

But make no mistake, I was let off easy, and was lucky. The maximum penalty under the traffic law is $10,000.00 and/or jail time. You understand what I'm saying?

Moral of this story: Do not drive without insurance. Period. It's just not worth it. Trust me.

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2003-12-08, 9:41 AM #2
My dad once hit someone without insurance. He could have turned them in to the police or even blackmailed them, but instead he gave he bloke twenty quid and drove off.

Oh yeah, *BASH*

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2003-12-08, 9:50 AM #3
/me bashes Snake-Eyes

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-08, 9:52 AM #4
bad move *BASH*

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2003-12-08, 9:53 AM #5
This probably won't help snake-eyes any, but here's some good info for avoiding tickets in general:

Download this guide:

(It's from beatmyspeedingticket.com. I have rehosted it for convenience.)

http://www.pwizard.com/beatingtickets.pdf

It tells you how to have a better chance at winning your case, and it explains how cops routinely try to trap you, and ways to avoid it more.

e.g. Stay in the right or center lanes when you speed, b/c cops usually have their radar aimed at the fast lane. By the time they get a lock on you, you've had a chance to slow down and they can't prove a damn thing. The general rule is, no reading = no case.

Also, get a radar DETECTOR, not a passive jammer. Passive jammers are legal, but they only reflect the radar signal back to the officer. (The people that sell those things don't mention to you that there is something more effective than their product at reflecting radar-- your car! (cops get the damn reading in the first place by reflecting radar off of your car, so obviously a passive jammer won't help you any)

Active jammers reflect radar back too, only they give a false reading and are highly illegal. If you're going 80 and the cop is reading 35 mph on his radar, then your a$$ is busted big time for having illegal equipment.

Radar DETECTORS are legal. They don't reflect signals, they instead have a light that flashes when the detector picks up radar frequencies nearby. This way, you have time to slow down before you hit the speed trap.

Anyway, read the guide if you want to learn more useful stuff like this. It's a PDF file and is a long read, but worth it.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited December 08, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited December 08, 2003).]
2003-12-08, 10:09 AM #6
Dude please never do that again...
2003-12-08, 10:12 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zit:
Dude please never do that again...</font>

what?

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2003-12-08, 10:53 AM #8
I think he was talking to Snake-Eyes...

------------------
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
OSC
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
OSC
2003-12-08, 10:58 AM #9
At least you're not going to jail. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2003-12-08, 11:09 AM #10
I hope you're loaded, because if I lost that much money I'd be... well, even further in debt than I am now. College is not kind to your wallet. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2003-12-08, 11:12 AM #11
You learned from the experience, right?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-08, 11:31 AM #12
You know whats pathetic, here in Texas, especially in Irving or some parts of Dallas, Hispanics rarely get pulled over because cops are tired of doing the paperwork on all of it, very few of them actually have insurance. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with hispanic people. The ones I dislike are the ones that manage to have 15 people live in a 2 bedroom house, have a car that is nicer and probably worth more than their house, and do not have insurance for either. This irritates me to extreme amounts, why is it that all of them arnt in jail? They dont have insurance, they cant pay the fines... but noo, if they plow thier car into you, you're out of luck.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-08, 11:38 AM #13
Good Luck man, hope you get some money to pay that off

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-08, 11:47 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
blah blah blah blah

</font>

...um, how about you just don't speed?

and Snake-Eyes, I respect that you take responsibility for your actions. Too many people (in the world and on this board) love blaming anyone else they can for the stupid sh*t they do.

Newsflash people, the police are around to keep people from breaking the law. That's their job. If you're breaking the law and they catch you, guess what? You'll get punished! Don't act like it's some grand conspiracy....

------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko
I live in the weak, and the wounded.
2003-12-08, 11:48 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
You know whats pathetic, here in Texas, especially in Irving or some parts of Dallas, Hispanics rarely get pulled over because cops are tired of doing the paperwork on all of it, very few of them actually have insurance. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with hispanic people. The ones I dislike are the ones that manage to have 15 people live in a 2 bedroom house, have a car that is nicer and probably worth more than their house, and do not have insurance for either. This irritates me to extreme amounts, why is it that all of them arnt in jail? They dont have insurance, they cant pay the fines... but noo, if they plow thier car into you, you're out of luck.

</font>

same here in grapevine. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] DFW > all.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-08, 12:01 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darko:
...um, how about you just don't speed?
</font>

You dont drive, do you?

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-08, 1:24 PM #17
He does, he's just not an idiot.
2003-12-08, 1:33 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
You dont drive, do you?

</font>

You don't have to speed to drive.
2003-12-08, 1:42 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zit:
You don't have to speed to drive.</font>

Yeah you do. Some situations force you to go over the speed limit, it's just part of driving.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-08, 2:35 PM #20
To all of you I say Ha HA! For here in the wonderful state of New Hampshire insurance is not required. And no, it isnt a problem, because everyone has it anyway, maybe we're just smart enough here to have it without being told to. Oh, and ya want to talk about idiots? How about the random idiot on the highway whos is the ONLY ONE not speeding. They disrupt the natural flow of traffic causing people behind them to have to slow down even more and the slow but not as slow to use the fast lane making things worse eventually causing a track backup at least a MILE long(bumper to bumper folks). Believe me, I had to sit in those jams every night on my way home from work, and on friday nights it would back up from toll booth to toll booth.
2003-12-08, 6:14 PM #21
Hey, maybe if you jackoffs would go the friggin' speed limit, you wouldn't have that problem.
Warhead[97]

↑ Up to the top!