Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wait so it i..oh it isn't..oh oh so it is...wait.
Wait so it i..oh it isn't..oh oh so it is...wait.
2004-02-06, 12:25 PM #1
Is The Lord of the Rings going to IMAX or not!?!? I keep hearing "Oh Return of the King is" then I hear "The whole trilogy is going to IMAX!" Then I hear "IMAX? LotR? WTF?" Agh!!!!! Can anyone tell me if LotR will ever be going to IMAX?

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-06, 1:38 PM #2
I don't see how they could. The movie would be too long for IMAX. Unless they really butchered it, or made it do multiple reels which would never really happen.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-02-06, 1:56 PM #3
I'm pretty sure Return of the King will be coming to Imax.

I remember it was planned, and there was already a list of theatres, but they had to cancel it because PJ was still editing the film down the last wire, and that wouldn't leave enough time for them to cut it into different reels, enhance video, etc

It's supposed to be coming this summer.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-06, 2:33 PM #4
yeah that and about 20 different versions of the limited edition directors cut.

ZERO1979

------------------
AQUATAINE
-Played our first gig. We rocked, had the biggest crowd of the night and raised £270 for Epilepsy Action.

AQUATINE is: Jamie, Tom, Liz and Matt (2004)
Infamous and rented

ZERO1979
2004-02-06, 3:20 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">yeah that and about 20 different versions of the limited edition directors cut. </font>

Or one.

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV

↑ Up to the top!