Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Icy roads
Icy roads
2004-02-06, 2:17 PM #1
Fishstickz posted a thread talking about the east coast area getting a layer of ice. Although his county up there had school cancelled, we didn't, and the consequences were dreadful.

I woke up this morning, knowing beforehand that we were getting a layer of ice. I checked the school website, and I was shocked to see it was a 2-hour delay. Every surrounding county had schools closed... except us. Going through the school days, I started hearing rumors of accidents because of the ice. It wasn't until the end of the day when they announced on the loud speaker that every school staff member was to report to the auditorium after school. My teacher told me the news, telling me that two students had been killed in car crashes in the morning. I knew one of the students fairly well. Not only that, but many cars got into non-fatal accidents and I think a bus rolled as well. The Superintendent is probably going to be fired, but she will definitely resign.

Be careful driving on the icy streets, fellow Massassians. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Space Colony Inc. Phoenix Suburban City Dereliction
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-02-06, 2:20 PM #2
That's what happens when you get retards who think school is so important that it cant afford to be closed once in a while.
2004-02-06, 5:03 PM #3
I'm sorry for your loss.
The superintendant should have remembered that teenage drivers get in wrecks on dry sunny days. They certainly don't have the experience to drive on icy roads. I guess it's a good thing that our district freaks out over snow flurries.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"You can't be brave without being scared first." - Joan of Arcadia
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-06, 8:39 PM #4
Living in Oregon, if one snowflake hits the ground everyone freaks out. So when we had ice a few weeks ago we canceled school for a week.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-02-07, 8:13 AM #5
Don't you guys use snow/friction tyres at all? There should be no driving on icy roads with low-friction tyres...

I'm sorry you lost a friend. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-02-07, 8:25 AM #6
I love how none of this applies to me here is so. cali.... Too bad about your friend, though.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited February 07, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!