Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I never thought I'd have to ask this here (Need a song name)
I never thought I'd have to ask this here (Need a song name)
2004-02-07, 12:23 PM #1
I'm looking for the song that played at the beginning of Halo when the marines were lining up to go down to the planet surface. It sounds strong and patriotic.

The song also appears in The Rock during the nighttime scene where Goodspeed and Sean Connery meet the Navy SEALs on the airfield.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-02-07, 12:34 PM #2
Is it one the movie soundtrack?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-07, 12:37 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
I'm looking for the song that played at the beginning of Halo when the marines were lining up to go down to the planet surface. It sounds strong and patriotic.

The song also appears in The Rock during the nighttime scene where Goodspeed and Sean Connery meet the Navy SEALs on the airfield.

</font>

unless the guy who did halo's music also did music for that movie....

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-07, 1:32 PM #4
The Rock soundtrack was an original composition by Hans Zimmer...
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-07, 1:35 PM #5
/me lurves Hans Zimmer and Klaus Badelt

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2004-02-07, 1:38 PM #6
Klaus Badelt <3 PotC

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-07, 2:00 PM #7
Barber - Adagio for Strings?

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-07, 3:07 PM #8
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have listened to both Halo's and The Rock's soundtrack, and those were composed by entirely different people, with nothing in common, at least to my knowledge.

I also don't remeber the 'marines lining up to to down to the surface'. Which part of the game is that exactly? Are you talking about an old Halo trailer? Try finding a complete listing of songs of both soundtracks, on say, amazon.com
2004-02-07, 3:21 PM #9
Could it be...

16. Rock Anthem for Saving the World

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-07, 4:26 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KnobZ:
I also don't remeber the 'marines lining up to to down to the surface'. Which part of the game is that exactly? Are you talking about an old Halo trailer?</font>

I'm talking about the beginning of the game. Opening movie. At least, I thought they were going down to the surface of Halo. Maybe I was wrong. Anyway, I finally got my copy of Halo working, and I don't recognize the song. However, I'm dead sure that when I was watching The Rock, I heard the song at that point in the movie and thought "That was in Halo." I guess I'll have to rent the DVD or something. I've looked at both soundtracks, and they don't share any common songs.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-02-07, 4:37 PM #11
Any movie that Jerry Bruckheimer is involved with is sure to have strong patriotic music to go with it.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage

↑ Up to the top!