Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How not to be seen
How not to be seen
2004-02-06, 1:23 PM #1
http://www.rngd.net/videos/rngd_snipertraining_42.wmv

Just thought I owuld share this, doubt if it has been see by many (if any) people here.

------------------
Bobbert006:The other day my dad said, "I think the world has passed me by."
I told him he isn't missing anything.

AGONetwork
Bobbert006:The other day my dad said, "I think the world has passed me by."
I told him he isn't missing anything.

AGONetwork
2004-02-06, 1:30 PM #2
"Mrs. [whatever] has learned the first lesson of not being seen: Not to stand up."

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-06, 3:11 PM #3
HAHA nevermind! lol!

[This message has been edited by RingMaster481 (edited February 06, 2004).]
2004-02-06, 3:18 PM #4
Monty Python r0x

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-06, 3:23 PM #5
Oh, I watched it now. That was great [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-Robert Jastrow
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-06, 3:25 PM #6
hehehehe

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-06, 3:29 PM #7
Lol, and HERE is the neighbor. And where he was born. And where he lives...etc. etc. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-06, 4:15 PM #8
That is almost as awesome as me being quoted in your signature, which is really, really cool.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-06, 5:06 PM #9
Check out the Halo version. One of my favorites. The timing for tons of it is incredible.

Pick your format. I grabbed all links from the Halo.Bungie.org Movies section.
MPG
QuickTime
Windows Media

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-06, 6:07 PM #10
fun stuff!

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-06, 6:08 PM #11
Brilliant. Bloody brilliant. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-06, 6:12 PM #12
Awesome. "...And now, for something completely different!"
2004-02-06, 6:17 PM #13
Nothing less then brilliant.

------------------
Signatures are overrated.

"You can run but you will only die tired."
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-02-06, 9:20 PM #14
At an early age, I learned the principles of sneaking around:

STEALTH TRAINING 101

1. ALWAYS act as if someone is actively looking for you if you're trying to sneak around. (It keeps you from getting careless and getting yourself caught.) Don't appear paranoid, but don't drag your feet. Try to act as if you belong there if you can.

2. know the floor plan. Always be able to get out no matter where you go. It's also critical to know exactly how to get to where you want to go.

3. Keep moving. If you stay in one place for too long, your odds of getting caught will increase.

4. Darkness is your friend. The shadows can help to hide you to some slight extent even in broad daylight and much more so at night. Use them.

5. This sounds obvious, but make no noise. Walk by lightly sliding your feet, and put the weight on the ball of your foot. Step lightly forward using one foot and then slide the other foot up to it. (don't scuff your foot on the ground when you slide it-- this creates extra noise. rather, you should lift your foot slightly before you slide it.) Footstep noises are minimized. Remove anything that may jingle from your pocket, or if you have to leave it, stuff your pockets with paper towels so that items can't move freely.

6. Always use cover noise to your advantage. Anything will do: passing cars are good, even if someone ruffles a newspaper will be sufficient to cover any noise that you may make. (If you make enough noise for just a few seconds, I could probably sneak up behind you and you wouldn't even notice it!)

[edit]

the opposite of cover noise is how much noise oyu inadvertantly make when oyu move. As such, always gauge how much noice your next movement will eminently make and then take extra measures to compensate when you do move. (Always decide which method will make the least noise, which material would make the least noise when walked on, etc. beforehand.)

7. Use height and depth to your advantage. In other words, try to get either higher or lower than normal eye level whenever you can.
Higher is better, as you would be amazed at how few people bother to look up when they enter an area. (anyone that plays fps games knows that enemies are tougher when they are situated higher or lower than you... you have to find them first, which gives them a slight advantage. Now it's your turn to use it.)

Use balconies, railings, or pretty much anything you can traverse safely.

8. Don't wear black or anything so obvious. Just wear your regular clothes and again, act like you belong there.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited February 07, 2004).]

2004-02-06, 11:41 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
At an early age, I learned the principles of sneaking around:
</font>

No wonder you've had sex with so many girls.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-02-07, 2:59 AM #16
Wow Pagewizard. Everybody already knew all that.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-07, 3:51 AM #17
Umm. What about pushing a worker of the building into a closet, knock him out and stealing his uniform?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-07, 4:55 AM #18
Hehe.. Pagewizard didn't read the thread... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-07, 5:04 AM #19
Awesome! Thanks Pagewizard! I've never been able to sneak anywhere in my life, and now I know why! I never knew I was supposed to act discrete and move quickly, and quietly at the same time!! You're a life saver.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-07, 5:06 AM #20
Oh. so the boombox was a bad thing to carry around?..and that Circus?

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-07, 6:12 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
Wow Pagewizard. Everybody already knew all that.</font>

Thats PW for you, skimming through a thread without reading responses, and hurriedly writing a response telling us things we already knew, that is *as usual* completely off the subject.

At least he is holding true to his sig.

------------------
2004-02-07, 6:32 AM #22
However GBK, you may want to be less cynical about his advice with regards to girls. His overall aims may be different to yours (and mine for that matter), but that doesn't mean the nature of the advice is wrong.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-07, 6:34 AM #23
It is wrong, if nothing else than simply because his overall motive is wrong. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-02-07, 6:55 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
However GBK, you may want to be less cynical about his advice with regards to girls....</font>

Oh yes, Ive said more than once that some of this "techniques" have merit, just not all of them.

------------------
2004-02-07, 8:18 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Thats PW for you, skimming through a thread without reading responses, and hurriedly writing a response telling us things we already knew, that is *as usual* completely off the subject.

</font>

Hey, You're welcome. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-07, 9:26 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

3. Keep moving. If you stay in one place for too long, your odds of getting caught will increase.
</font>

No. Never move when people are actively searching for you. It is much easier for them to pick up the motion from you moving than picking you out from your hiding spot.

As for the movies: Brilliant. Some of the most hilarious stuff I've seen recently.

------------------
Eat the pudding.
2004-02-07, 9:41 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Oh yes, Ive said more than once that some of this "techniques" have merit, just not all of them.

</font>

This coming from the person on Massassi voted "Least likely to ever get laid" for 2 years running.
Pagewizard may be a jerk, but his advice about girls is sound. I fail to see how you can even begin to fathom whether his "techniques" are effective or not, since you've never tried anything that's effective. You've said as much in about 3/4 of your posts on this forum.

Hate the man, not the theory. He isn't the only person who follows the same pattern, and they are much more successful with women - and they actually end up with mentally stable women at that. Deal with it.
2004-02-07, 10:16 AM #28
Boy, that video sure is funny. Funny enough that maybe we shouldn't go off a completely unrelated tangent about dating advice.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-07, 11:14 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Boy, that video sure is funny. Funny enough that maybe we shouldn't go off a completely unrelated tangent about dating advice.

</font>

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-02-07, 11:34 AM #30
Someone posts news of a current event that is, say, 8 hours old, and you get about 7 or so idiots (I hesitate to use the less exact word "people" there) screaming "0ld n3wz!!!" [sic]. Post something that is essentially 30 years old, and everyone crams around in adulation.

Before talking about the merits of dating "tips".

Obviously.

[This message has been edited by CookedHaggis (edited February 07, 2004).]
2004-02-07, 6:11 PM #31
Haggis rarely posts, but when he does, it's gold. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!