Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Proof that Maddox rules the net
Proof that Maddox rules the net
2004-02-05, 4:52 PM #1
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=bill_oreilly

Now, go to Amazon.com, search for Bill O'Reilly books and look at all the 1 star reviews. The article was posted on the 4th and a bunch of 1 star reviews are popping up on Amazon with Maddox in it. Man this is good.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-02-05, 5:10 PM #2
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THRAWN:
Proof that Maddox rules the net
</font>

I'm pretty sure anybody can get on the internet and just start blasting a person unmercifully.....

And frankly, the way he attacked O'Reilly, I don't know how some one can respect him. What he's doing is a lot worse than anything O'Reilly does.....

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy

[This message has been edited by mscbuck (edited February 05, 2004).]
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-05, 5:17 PM #3
I don't respect Maddox (should have mentioned that in originally), I just thought it was hilarious that his little minions ran and wrote a review. The main book that got slammed was the one in the photo on the website. And the spelling and grammar is also very poor, which is funny, and shows the majority of his readers are really idiots like he says.

------------------
2004-02-05, 5:18 PM #4
Maddox tells it the way it is. No one really has the guts to tell the total truth like he does. Sure... sometimes it's just to be an *** , but it's damned funny.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-02-05, 9:54 PM #5
I agree, Maddox has a special flare for pointing out truths about subjects.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-02-05, 10:10 PM #6
Someone has a dirty mouth

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited February 06, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-02-06, 12:47 AM #7
Maddox say what we all truely think. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-02-06, 2:24 AM #8
Maddox rules the net with an iron fist fear his writtings and respect your owner.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-06, 3:37 AM #9
maddox makes me yawn.

The fact that anyone could think he is right even half the time bewilders me.

*shakes head*

what is this world coming to...

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-06, 3:41 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:
The fact that anyone could think he is right even half the time bewilders me.</font>

It bewilders me that you could possibly doubt him.

He may not be the most articulate writer, but he sure as hell makes a damn good point every time.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-02-06, 3:58 AM #11
hmm... i hope maddox acts the same in real life as he does on the internet... otherwise he would suck.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-06, 4:11 AM #12
His Christopher Reeve rant is interesting. I have nothing against Mr Reeve, he's done a pretty good job in the films he's acted in (pre and post-accident). But Maddox makes a good point about his sudden charitable actions.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-06, 4:59 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
Maddox tells it the way it is. No one really has the guts to tell the total truth like he does. Sure... sometimes it's just to be an *** , but it's damned funny.

</font>

No, he has the guts to put out his opinion. I can respect that while I don't agree with him. O'Reilly has a lot of opinions that are unpopular, yet he puts them on the aire too. I don't always agree with him, that's for sure. O'Reilly and Maddox aren't all that different, except that Maddox hides behind an internet alias.

That was funny though.
2004-02-06, 5:19 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:
It bewilders me that you could possibly doubt him.

He may not be the most articulate writer, but he sure as hell makes a damn good point every time.

</font>

He only makes a good point if you refuse to look at the other side of the issue he's ranting about. In that you could say he's perfect for ignorant people who need to be told what to believe... not too many people care to look up facts anymore anyway....

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-06, 7:19 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
hmm... i hope maddox acts the same in real life as he does on the internet... otherwise he would suck.</font>

He has said numerous times though on his website that it's a joke, set up for fun and most of it is just that. He disses those online Blogs, which is hypocritical if you *think* about it because his site is an online Blog.

Here he talks about listening to a racist radio show

A visit to the movie theatre

Guiltless Grill

Anime

Music

Also look at X-Treme Marketing and the one about stealing (under 2002 I think). I could not put them here because they had swearing in the title and it got censored.

In all those, it starts off with HIM telling a story about something that happened to him. Just like online Blogs do. If you take his stuff seriously, you are just being foolish. The difference between his site and other Blogs is that his stuff is usally funny. Sure some of it is probably true and how he feels (like his movie reviews), but you can't take it serious.

------------------

[This message has been edited by THRAWN (edited February 06, 2004).]
2004-02-06, 7:51 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sol:
Maddox say what we all truely think.
</font>

That is exactly why he is funny. We all laugh (or laugh inside whilst showing signs of disgust) as he says what everyone has been wanting to say for ages, but just doesn't have the gut.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-02-06, 4:37 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">In that you could say he's perfect for ignorant people who need to be told what to believe</font>

Funny, that's exactly what Maddox was ranting about in the article posted...did you even bother to read it?

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-02-06, 5:53 PM #18
This is one of the reviews for one of O'Reilly's books on Amazon that I spotted:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Maddox is not God my, friends... Please, if you want to review the book, do us all a favor, and read it. The fact that you all are simply rating it low because of Maddox shows that you are all, in fact, ignorant and unintelligent. I dare Maddox to go on the O'Reilly Factor.</font>

That would be, interesting, to say the least. I'd defintely watch it.

Actually reading through the rest there are a bunch like that one. heh.
------------------
I have a signature.

[This message has been edited by MadQuack (edited February 06, 2004).]
I have a signature.
2004-02-06, 6:11 PM #19
When he starts insulting children's artwork, you get the idea that he's not totally serious...

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-02-07, 3:25 PM #20
If you disagree with Maddox, you are wrong.
2004-02-07, 3:43 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fingarez:
If you disagree with Maddox, you are wrong.</font>

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-02-07, 6:55 PM #22
I want to see Maddox, O' Reilly, and Al Franken in a debate, they should put it on pay-per-view.. It would sell so much more than any boxing match or wrestling match ever

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-07, 7:21 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
I want to see Maddox, O' Reilly, and Al Franken in a debate, they should put it on pay-per-view.. It would sell so much more than any boxing match or wrestling match ever

</font>

O'Reilly can take them both. No, really, he can. He's a very big guy. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]
2004-02-07, 7:34 PM #24
Franken isn't as good as a debator as O'Reilly or Maddox. Those two get in your face, and Franken just doesn't do that.

Franken and O'Reilly actually did get in a scuffle at a convention a while ago. I forgot the outcome, but they had to stop the debate...

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!