Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Chappelle Show
Chappelle Show
2004-02-05, 2:27 PM #1
Anyone watch this show? I think it's damn funny! Of course you have to watch it with a "open mind". If you're easily offensed by crass racial jokes (I thought that Ni**** family was quite funny. Ironic too because they were white) then most likely you will say the show is a bane to comedy.
2004-02-05, 2:29 PM #2
I have some trouble watching it, as I quite often loose the ability to breathe due to over-laughter.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-05, 2:33 PM #3
SEASON 1 DVD IS OUT FEB 24! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It is quite possibly one of the funniest shows out. I love it. Taped it last night

One of my favourites has to be the White Supremist. I heard about he Ni*** Family. Want to see that one bad.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited February 05, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited February 05, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-05, 2:39 PM #4
"You must be the Wetbacks."

"It's Sanchez. And don't call us wetbacks."

[pause]

"I'm just kidding, we are the Wetbacks."

"Oh, ha ha ha ha! Wait 'til we tell the Jews!"

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-05, 2:44 PM #5
lol every second of that show cracks me up, until they get to the rapping at the end. But until then, I'm lovin' it.

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-02-05, 2:46 PM #6
I ****ing love that show. One of the best shows on comedy central, which is the best channel in the universe.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-02-05, 2:55 PM #7
The Chappelle Show is a great social satire. Its nice and "daring." [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited February 05, 2004).]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-05, 3:30 PM #8
I generally like Chappelle's Show, but I find you have to sit through some crappy, unfunny skits before you see the good ones. There's always at least a few good ones, but it's still a little irritating.

Anyway...
2004-02-05, 3:33 PM #9
It's good stuff

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-05, 4:14 PM #10
I have only ever seen snippets of it, but they were all great.

The White Supremist skit was the great.

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
JA is awesome!
Corrupted Paths, my WIP for JA. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."
2004-02-05, 4:18 PM #11
I've only seen the last 2 episodes but they were great.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2004-02-06, 3:14 PM #12
Heh I remember that white surpremist one. That's the one where the KKK leader is blind and doesn't know he's black right? The "Racial draft" skit was funny too.
2004-02-06, 3:54 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
I thought that Ni**** family was quite funny. Ironic too because they were white) </font>

That skit was absolutly hilarious. I was laughing for about 30 minutes straight. During math the next day, I thought of it, and just started cracking up during class.

I do agree with fingarez about sometimes having to sit through some crappy skits to a good one, but it's mostly all good stuff.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-06, 3:57 PM #14
I refuse to watch it because he "promotes a negative image of white people" and all that.
2004-02-06, 5:27 PM #15
Good, because he spends the entire half-hour making fun of people like you.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-06, 6:18 PM #16
Checksum: you're the reason he has a show, you goddamned reactionary.

Dave Chappelle is one of the funniest people on TV, hands down.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-06, 6:23 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:
I refuse to watch it because he "promotes a negative image of white people" and all that.</font>

Heaven forbid someone make fun of white people because white people never promote negative images of other racial groups.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-06, 8:10 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
Checksum: you're the reason he has a show, you goddamned reactionary.

Dave Chappelle is one of the funniest people on TV, hands down.
</font>

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-02-07, 5:36 AM #19
"Are you sure he'll be here?"

"Don't worry, he'll show. In fact, he'll be here in exactly....5...4...3...2...1..."

*busts through door*

"Is this the 5 O-clock free crack giveway!?!?!"

------------

Lol, best.

------------------
"Did you just say.....Birthday Party?...."
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2004-02-07, 5:51 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Heaven forbid someone make fun of white people because white people never promote negative images of other racial groups.</font>

Yeah, usually when a white person does that they get the whole treatment that they are racist and evil!!!

Chris Rock: Ever notice how white people are so white? And black people are better. I mean sh** ni***. Stupid white people!

Martin Lawrance: Oh, you think that I can "Insert something here" just because I am black? Always trying to keep a brother down! keepin the blackman down, you stupid cracka'!

It makes me sick.

------------------
Contrafribularities

[This message has been edited by Rod-Nog (edited February 07, 2004).]
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-07, 6:15 AM #21
See, I don't mind, because I know that *blank* are more racist than *blank*....

I leaven them blank just because I want to start a racial controversy.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-07, 6:20 AM #22
"Goddamned reactionary?" Isn't this the kind of BS that'd get any of the rest of us banned?
2004-02-07, 6:48 AM #23
It's not an insult. He's simply saying that you react quite heatedly to the slightest provocation.

------------------
2004-02-07, 7:18 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mscbuck:
See, I don't mind, because I know that *blank* are more racist than *blank*....

I leaven them blank just because I want to start a racial controversy.

</font>

You started one with out being specific.

Just shut the hell up and get back to Dave Chapelle. And I will let you all know (Not sine, riv, wolfy..they get it), these "racist" comedian make more fun of our own race as much as they include white people in the jokes. Before you jump to conclusion watch a whole thing of their Comedy Series.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-07, 7:42 AM #25
Racial jokes are just that, jokes. There's a difference between telling a joke and being genuinely prejudice.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-07, 8:28 AM #26
Quote:
I refuse to watch it because he "promotes a negative image of white people" and all that.</font>

Wrong he makes fun of ALL races. Did you watch the "racial draft"? He made fun of Jewish, Blacks, Whites, and Asians. By the way, I'm surprised that he as an Asian wife. At least that was what he said before the racial draft skit.
Oh did you guys remember watching the one skit where they had a white father live in a black family and a black father live in white family? The lightsaber part was funny...
2004-02-07, 8:32 AM #27
Funny, last time I checked 'Jewish' was a religion.

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-07, 8:39 AM #28
Jews are traditionally of a certain racial make-up, though.

------------------
2004-02-07, 11:59 AM #29
Yah...anyways, Dave Chapelle is, to quote him, "the shiznittlebangmcnizzle!" (5 points to anyone who guesses the movie that's from [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]). He DOES make fun of all races, and even a black guy who has been a very big deal to most black people for being the first colored golfer to make it far was made fun of. Loosen up. And I decided I'm never calling a black person African-American again--I have like 5-6 friends at school who are from the carribeans and other such places which are black.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-07, 12:11 PM #30
That's from Half Baked.

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."

[This message has been edited by RotM_igotissues (edited February 07, 2004).]
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-02-07, 12:15 PM #31
Yah well...five points gets you...eh...want a cheese doodle?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-07, 7:12 PM #32
I'm pretty sure calling me "Goddamned" is an insult.
2004-02-07, 7:33 PM #33
The sad part is that this thread is supposed to be about a TV show.

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-02-07, 8:12 PM #34
ALL of you are what he's making fun of. Calm the hell down and smile! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

I'm RICH, BIATCH! *honk honk*

------------------
WOOSH.
-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-02-07, 9:29 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
Chris Rock: Ever notice how white people are so white? And black people are better. I mean sh** ni***. Stupid white people!
</font>

Have you actually watched Chris Rock's stand-up? One of his bits is about how black people are more rasist than white people. Another about how he hates a certain segment of the back population. You're only hearing what you want to hear.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-08, 5:09 AM #36
Quote:
I'm pretty sure calling me "Goddamned" is an insult.</font>

I've sent you tissues in the mail.
2004-02-08, 3:47 PM #37
I'm not racist. I hate all races equally.
2004-02-08, 4:17 PM #38
The Chappelle Show is probably one of the funniest sketch comedy shows ever. I loved the one with John Mayer.

Seriously, the people that think the show is racist are so in the wrong. Almost every show he says something about "Look, it doesnt matter what race we are, we're all human beings, now quit whining and laugh at what we all know is funny about ourselves."

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-08, 4:17 PM #39
He makes fun of black people quite a bit in his "Real World" skit.

"My names Tyree, and yea, I been to prison!"

Also the "Wu-tang Financial" skit. "You need to diversify yo' bonds ni****."

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-02-08, 4:42 PM #40
You guys are funny. Only at Massassi can an innocent discussion about a TV show turn into a flame war about racism. ONLY IN AMERICA!!!!!!

------------------
"Buildings that we have created to be aesthetically pleasing are slaughtering birds."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!

↑ Up to the top!