Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Speakers of Latin!
Speakers of Latin!
2004-02-07, 1:17 AM #1
"We who are about to die give you the finger"

Can I get that translated please?

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

And I dont wanna use babblefish because that doesnt gaurentee accuracy.

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-02-07, 6:12 AM #2
Morituri te damus digitum.

Something along that...

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-07, 7:05 AM #3
I'd say it would be something like this. I haven't checked it at all... so it's probably all wrong, but:

"nostra, qui morbamus, tibi digitum dont"

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.

[This message has been edited by GhostOfYoda (edited February 07, 2004).]
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-02-07, 7:18 AM #4
Morituri digitum tibi dant or Nos morituri digitum tibi damus.

The first one is third person ("those who are about to die..."), but that's how the gladiators said it.
2004-02-07, 12:25 PM #5
Danke [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-02-08, 5:37 PM #6
Bitte [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif].
My school doesn't teach Latin [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]. I wanted to take it, too. I took German instead.

Warum mussen wir Latin nicht lernen? Ich mochte auch Latin sprechen, und dann mit ein paar Verwandten kann ich sprechen. Aber, wir konnen Deutsch, Spanish, und Franzosisch lernen. Sprecht ihr Deutsch?

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-09, 2:33 AM #7
Can any Latin speaker here decrypt the word "Fabulosus"? I know it's got to do with the word fabulous, but I also heard somewhere that it had something to do with epic characters in stories...
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-02-09, 4:41 AM #8
atinLay siay eryvay otay peaksay ndaay earnlay, ustjay aay attermay foay antingway otay ypetay tiay.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-09, 11:18 AM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Posted by JediGreedo:
Latin is very [easy] to speak and learn, just a matter of wanting to type it</font>

Yep. I can't speak it for beans though.

Translation for above (for anyone interested, which would be about...none of you)
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why must we not learn Latin? I want to also speak Latin, and then I can speak with a few relatives [that can speak Latin]. But we can only learn German, Spanish, and French. Do any of you all speak German?</font>

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!