Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Weapons of Math Instruction
Weapons of Math Instruction
2004-02-06, 9:30 PM #1
At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual later discovered to be a public school teacher was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a setsquare, a slide rule, and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney general John Ashcroft said he believes the man is a member of the notorious al-gebra movement. He is being charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a fearsome cult,", Ashcroft said. "They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like "x" and "y" and refer to themselves as "unknowns", but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.

"As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, there are 3 sides to every triangle," Ashcroft declared.

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes.

"I am gratified that our government has given us a sine that it is intent on protracting us from these math-dogs who are willing to disintegrate us with calculus disregard. Murky statisticians love to inflict plane on every sphere of influence," the President said, adding: "Under the circumferences, we must differentiate their root, make our point, and draw the line."

President Bush warned, "These weapons of math instruction have the potential to decimal everything in their math on a scalene never before seen unless we become exponents of a Higher Power and begin to factor-in random facts of vertex."

Attorney General Ashcroft said, "As our Great Leader would say, read my ellipse. Here is one principle he is uncertainty of: though they continue to multiply, their days are numbered as the hypotenuse tightens around their necks."

------------------
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
2004-02-06, 9:40 PM #2
Trust me, this is for your good
*cocks pistol*

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-02-07, 12:08 AM #3
*heart*

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-07, 12:20 AM #4
hehehehe

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-07, 12:28 AM #5
I like it.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-02-07, 1:38 AM #6
teee.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-02-07, 4:59 AM #7
Very funny no matter who the leader or bad guys.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2004-02-07, 5:02 AM #8
Hehehe.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-02-07, 5:08 AM #9
1. LOL

2. Who the hell uses a slide rule anymore?

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2004-02-07, 6:09 AM #10
hehehe i like it

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-02-07, 6:57 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeC:
1. LOL

2. Who the hell uses a slide rule anymore?

</font>

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-07, 7:01 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeC:
...Who the hell uses a slide rule anymore?</font>

Youd be suprised.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-07, 7:04 AM #13
Was he caught because he joked that he had an abacus in his bag? :/

------------------
What is this 'real life' you speak of, and where can I download it?
What is this 'real life' you speak of, and where can I download it?
2004-02-07, 8:35 AM #14
Remember:
Calculus and alcohol don’t mix, don't drink and derive.

------------------
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2004-02-07, 12:06 PM #15
Nice [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-02-07, 12:08 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by West Wind:
Remember:
Calculus and alcohol don’t mix, don't drink and derive.

</font>

a classic... but it's still funny

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-08, 6:16 AM #17
lmao that is so cute

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-02-08, 6:19 AM #18
teehehe on later news a weorker of the hard hat cult was arrested for carring a hammer!

------------------
janitor bobs idea of rogers video: He's actually the overweight guy next door who has a HUGE selection of videos, including the entire Lethal Weapon, Halloween, and 'Ernest' series.
The advantage is is that you can 'borrow' movies for long amounts of time without him remembering that you borrowed them.

The disadvantage is the pizza cheese grime on the DVDs
2004-02-08, 7:23 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imsoshort:
teehehe on later news a weorker of the hard hat cult was arrested for carring a hammer!

</font>

Where has the funny gone? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-02-08, 10:20 AM #20
it quit

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-02-08, 11:17 AM #21
Good stuff.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-08, 11:31 AM #22
My Chem teacher read the class that a few weeks back. Mildly ammusing.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-02-08, 12:20 PM #23
I heard that four months ago.

*slaps post-it that says "old news" on Capt Bewil's head*

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-02-09, 9:11 AM #24
It's new to me!

Wow. Very creative. *thumbs up*

------------------
Check out updates for my editing work at the Shadow Jedi Academy.
2004-02-09, 12:08 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imsoshort:

</font>

[http://www.oscempire.net/images/notfunny.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!