Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dec 8th, 1980
Dec 8th, 1980
2003-12-08, 4:29 PM #1
23 years ago today John Lennon was shot and killed outside the Dakota complex in NEw York. Truly one of the saddest days in the history of rock.

------------------
Come on, shake the Nub,..... you know you want to.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2003-12-08, 4:46 PM #2
I miss John.

When I went to the first night of the Bridge School, I left early, while Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young were playing, and I swear in the amount of time it took me to leave the audience I literally heard at least five people say "I wish The Beatles were still alive."

And I do too.

There are places I'll remember
All my life
Though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone, and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In My Life, I've loved them all.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2003-12-08, 4:51 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eversor:
I literally heard at least five people say "I wish The Beatles were still alive."

And I do too.
</font>

They are. At least two of them are. I'll assume you meant either "I wish Lennon was still alive." or "I wish The Beatles were still together." I think the latter is correct.

Such a sad thing. I think the world really needs another group like them.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2003-12-08, 5:34 PM #4
It was a sad day for sure

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-08, 5:40 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:

They are. At least two of them are. I'll assume you meant either "I wish Lennon was still alive." or "I wish The Beatles were still together." I think the latter is correct.

</font>

I've got mixed feelings about that. While their early-mid stuff was amazing and their late stuff was innovative, I would have to wonder, they would have to have fizzled out sometime. Sometimes it might just be better to go out at the top than to fade into obscurity. And that's why we love them.

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
People I don't like: FeTT, Pugler
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-09, 4:46 AM #6
To bad George died if he was still alieve they could of gotten back together [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Chorn_IJ
I wish i was a monkey then I would have a good reason to fling poo.

↑ Up to the top!