Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → hehe....grammy's
hehe....grammy's
2004-02-09, 12:22 PM #1
does anyone know where I can go to see who won which award? I know Evanescence won Best New Artist. yeah! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-09, 12:32 PM #2
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040209/music_nm/leisure_grammys_list_dc_1

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-09, 12:42 PM #3
Eminem won most of the rap awards with that s****y song "Loose Yourself". I am quiet POed. On the other hand, OutKast took the best award for the night, Albumn of the Year, so I am happy Hip-Hop represented.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-09, 12:48 PM #4
Awesome.

Coldplay won something for Clocks, which is good. Dave Matthews got Best Male Vocalist, which I agree with, although I think he did much better in other songs off of Some Devil.

I'm disappointed to not see Train anywhere though.
2004-02-09, 12:58 PM #5
Justin Timberlake should win the BS award for his "it was unintentional" comment...

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-09, 1:13 PM #6
A couple of interesting notes:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">BEST POLKA ALBUM

"Let's Polka 'Round," Jimmy Sturr
</font>

Eh? That's a category?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">BEST COMEDY ALBUM

"Poodle Hat," "Weird Al" Yankovic </font>

Woot!

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-09, 1:22 PM #7
Whitestripes won something? Wow, I never knew big piles of crap were musical competitors nowadays.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
2004-02-09, 1:25 PM #8
I stopped watching pretty much after Timberlake beat out Sting, Michael McDonald, WarrenZevon, and George Harrison, for a vocal award. Is there no justice?

------------------
"Buildings that we have created to be aesthetically pleasing are slaughtering birds."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-02-09, 1:54 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Whitestripes won something? Wow, I never knew big piles of crap were musical competitors nowadays.

</font>

Honestly, where have you been?

Regardless,

There is so much you could bash, but the White Stripes?

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-02-09, 1:57 PM #10
Yes. I don't like them. Listen to "I Keed" by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. It says funny stuff about White Stripes. Go to www.triumphtheinsultcomicdog.com. It should be somewhere on there.

------------------
2004-02-09, 2:30 PM #11
I won the "best massassian starting with the letter C" gammy.

But its a real ugly trophy so I wll be binning it asap.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-02-09, 2:39 PM #12
Yay, go Coldplay.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-09, 2:41 PM #13
Grammy's are crap. I've bought five or six over the years.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-09, 2:48 PM #14
I've lost all stock in award ceremonies. They're nothing but publicity stunts and promotional events.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-09, 3:31 PM #15
I'm surprised 50 Cent didn't win anything...

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-09, 3:49 PM #16
Remember the time Homer Simpson won a Grammy? Yeah, only one that ever went to someone that deserved it.

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-02-09, 3:50 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
I won the "best massassian starting with the letter C" gammy.

But its a real ugly trophy so I wll be binning it asap.
</font>

No, I'm afraid I hold that title, five years straight. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-02-09, 3:53 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
I've lost all stock in award ceremonies. They're nothing but publicity stunts and promotional events.

</font>

There are hundreds of more deserving artists, but when the event is paid for by the record companies, they kind of get to pick who wins because it means more money to them.

Coldplay, good, they deserved it.

Dave Matthews.... I've heard better, but he's the best Billboard charts pick.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-09, 3:58 PM #19
Yeah, what the heck? How does Justin Timberlake win a Grammy (on songs he didn't write) over someone (Warren Zevon) who wrote songs for an album commemorating the end of his life? What the heck? It blows my mind. Saddens me deeply.

------------------
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
-Steven Wright
2004-02-09, 4:36 PM #20
I did not watch the scammies.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!