Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I got this email
I got this email
2004-02-09, 2:54 PM #1
And here it is... what do you think about this?

Think about this. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.
1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.

2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.

4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone,even if they don't like you.

5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.

6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.

8. Someone that you don't even know exists, loves you.

9. When you make the biggest mistake ever,something good comes from it.

10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take a look

11. Always remember the compliments you received. forget about the rude remarks.

12. Don't forget God loves every hair on your head - Luke 12:6-8

So...If you are a loving friend, send this to everyone, including the one that sent it to you. If you get it back, then they really do you.

NEVER HAVE REGRETS!!!!
FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE
TROUBLE."
You gotta laugh at least once a day even if it's at your own
stupidity

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-09, 3:11 PM #2

False. This might be true for most people, but there are some incredibly selfish, self-serving people out there. And I think that number is growing.

True. Doesn't have to be "gaga" love or "parental" love, but I would imagine it is true nonetheless.

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.

False. Extremists want to hate you because you represent all they hate, not all they want to be.

True, but only with patience and persistance. Most have neither.

False, but only by a small margin. A certain percentage of homeless, and also those without family likely go to bed with no one thinking of them.

True - or at least, you could. Always be there for someone, and this could be true, so I will say true on potential.

True. No other comment.

True for athiests and agnostics, otherwise, iffy.

True, BUT ONLY IF YOU CHOOSE TO LEARN FROM IT. Otherwise, you are an idiot.

Neither true nor false - Just a way to say "things could be worse"

11. Always remember the compliments you received. forget about the rude remarks.

Now we get into commentary that is neither true nor false. But still, good words to live by, if not difficult ones.

True. Even if you don't believe in him. And no, he won't give you that bologna and cheese sandwich you've been craving - he's God, not the genie of the friggin lamp...

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-09, 3:13 PM #3
I've gotten that about 3 times in the last year or so.

Thought it may not be true for everyone and for those it is true for, they all may not apply... But There are plenty of people that they all do apply to.

Of course sometimes it just doesn't feel like it... but in those times this can help cheer someone up... but maybe not everyone...

------------------
In rememberance of MaDaVentor...
MaDaVentor Memorial Post
The Limelite Memorial
The MaDaVentor Memorial Pack

RiP MaDa. You will be greatly missed, but never forgotten.
2004-02-09, 3:16 PM #4
I should have known it would be a christianity thing.

WHY CANT PEOPLE SAY NICE THINGS WITHOUT BELIEVNG IN JESUS! The world really sucks.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-02-09, 3:16 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.</font>

Man, do I hate Hitler. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-09, 3:25 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
I should have known it would be a christianity thing.

WHY CANT PEOPLE SAY NICE THINGS WITHOUT BELIEVNG IN JESUS! The world really sucks.
</font>

Also, why can't people just accept nice things even if someone brings up Jesus?

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-09, 4:48 PM #7

Alot more than 2. Quite alot more. Most of them, of course, would not return the favor.

Doubtful. 3 or 4 perhaps, but not 15.

HAH! Thats a load of crap.

... uhh . . . NO.

No. Once or twice, maybe, but not every night.

Who? My dog? Oh, yeah, sure. My dog counts.

Now, when you say special....

Thats possible. Unlikely, but possible.

Yeah, that time I accidentally built and set off a nuclear device.. Yeah, alot of good came from that.

The world doesnt give a rats *** one way or the other. It cant turn its back on you because you are irrelevent.

What, and become arrogant? Never!

True, true.

So...If you are a loving friend, send this to everyone, including the one that sent it to you. If you get it back, then they really do you.

No, if you love a friend, you will learn to delete forwards the moment you get them. DONT PASS THE SPAM.

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.

[This message has been edited by GBK (edited February 09, 2004).]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-09, 4:55 PM #8
I hate emails like that. I actually got it a couple weeks ago from a girl I've never met but who saw me at a concert and got my email from my website.

Bleh, but it does touch the soul. But I didnt pass it on because I hate spam mail like that.

And GBK, it says loves you in some way, which means friendship-type lovey dovey too. I'm willing to bet there's at least 15 people here at Massassi that would say that you're their friend, not in jest, and thus hold that statement true.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-09, 5:39 PM #9
I agree with Joren, and with GBK on the last bit. The "if you love them you'll send this..." is so horribly wrong. Perhaps if an original one was sent and said "hey, we know nobody likes spam. Send this only if you really want to and attach something that's actually from yourself with it" or something, then MAYBE it'd be alright...

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Mythos Solais
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-02-09, 5:53 PM #10
The purpose of this e-mail is not[/i] being true, but rather, stopping people that are depressed from commiting suicide or sinking down to crime or drugs.

------------------
Mystic0 Editing Resources (no longer Updated)
Mystic0 Forum (fast again!)
The Massassi Post Count Summary
2004-02-09, 5:58 PM #11
Edit - on second thoughts, forget it, I'll let that bait pass. Given the purpose of this thread is to cheer people up I'm not going to start an argument.

[This message has been edited by Jaiph (edited February 09, 2004).]
2004-02-09, 6:11 PM #12
as little as I have to complain about right now, I still hate that email. Whoever wrote that deserves to be beaten up by reality.

------------------
gree gree.
2004-02-09, 6:12 PM #13
I'll be optimistic and assume that anybody who's wealthy enough or open minded enough to even read that email probably fulfills all of those.

Murc, why do you fear loving, devoted relationships?

[This message has been edited by Checksum (edited February 09, 2004).]
2004-02-09, 6:58 PM #14
I love how "United States" is replaced by "world" in this kinda trash.

I think a lot of this wouldn't apply to countries such as India.

------------------
My Tracks

[This message has been edited by Em Playa (edited February 09, 2004).]
2004-02-09, 7:10 PM #15
How many Indians have you met on the internet?
2004-02-09, 7:22 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:
How many Indians have you met on the internet?</font>

Im 1/8 Cherokee.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-09, 7:23 PM #17
Does it matter if I've met any? Just cuz I've never met one doesn't mean my point doesn't stand.

This chain letter is just BS by someone tryin to get it sent to a bunch of people. Just like those BS chain AIM convos that tell me that I'm gonna burn in hell in 6 mins if I don't send this text to 10 other people... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

It just takes advantage of superstitious people.

Oh, and if you mean Indian people including those in the U.S. (not Native American) then yes, I've met some. I've just never met people exclusively from India.
------------------
My Tracks

[This message has been edited by Em Playa (edited February 09, 2004).]
2004-02-09, 7:27 PM #18
So you, like Murc, don't believe it's possible that people love you and you might love them?
2004-02-09, 7:33 PM #19
...when did I ever said this did/didn't apply to me? I just said that this **** doesn't apply to everyone.

You got a ****in problem with that? Or do you just blindly think the world is full of love and happiness while you sleep hugging your teddy bear?

------------------
My Tracks
2004-02-09, 10:11 PM #20
What are you getting all fired up for? What's with all the swearing?

Other than complete ignorance and denial, I can't think of a lifestyle that doesn't fulfill most of those requirements. That is, unless you're living in some barren wasteland without a soul to be seen.

Either way, cool it.

[This message has been edited by Checksum (edited February 10, 2004).]
2004-02-10, 5:05 AM #21
Stop listening to rap, mista eminem playa, it causes so much anger in our youth.

------------------
2004-02-10, 5:08 AM #22
And they say our youths aren't full of anger.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-10, 7:07 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
Stop listening to rap, mista eminem playa, it causes so much anger in our youth.

</font>

Just as with a lot of other music...

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-02-10, 7:16 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Im 1/8 Cherokee.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

Me too... hey wait, and you like Linux, and I like Microsoft...

I have just had a revelation of KOTOR-esqe proportions!

I am GBK's evil twin!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
2004-02-10, 9:17 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:

...and I like Microsoft...

</font>

Wow... I knew we were all forced to use ms software, but I never knew it was possible to like[/i] such a terrorist organization...

------------------
2004-02-10, 9:19 AM #26
Quote:

</font>

Okey, I wasn't that serious... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-02-10, 11:00 AM #27
Quote:
Wow... I knew we were all forced to use ms software, but I never knew it was possible to like[/i] such a terrorist organization...
</font>

Bitter, are we?

Hey, when you own a business, you do what you can to make money, and get one over always on your competitors, and I will never begrudge MS for that. Nor will I complain about MS because it's the only thing out there - because it plays my games, and that's all I care about. When another OS can play all the games I like to play, and isn't a pain in the @$$ to install, then I will consider it.

But I simply refuse to hate MS simply because its "fashionable". They have money, people are jealous, and that is what it boils down to. Does MS have some shady business practices and some bad customer service? Sure do. But guess what? So do a LOT of other businesses. Why all the focus on MS then? Because they have the most money.

At least that is how I see it. I refuse to be so petty. If it works for me, why should I care?

------------------

↑ Up to the top!