Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → And this guy flys airplanes!
And this guy flys airplanes!
2004-02-09, 1:29 PM #1
Wow, this guy is nuts.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-02-09, 1:32 PM #2
*sigh*

I hate it when people make my faith look bad.

Jesus never threatened or insulted anyone into believing in him... so why do these morons do it when they are supposed to be following Jesus's example!?!?!?

This makes me sad. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-09, 1:35 PM #3
He should be stabbed. And then thrown out the window. And then stepped on.

Or something. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited February 09, 2004).]
2004-02-09, 1:36 PM #4
this is why atheists exist

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-09, 1:41 PM #5
Amen Joren, amen.

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Mythos Solais
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-02-09, 1:48 PM #6
That is the problem, though. A few wackos make a whole religion look bad.

------------------

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-02-09, 1:52 PM #7
The whole "If you aren't Christian, you're crazy" idea is flat retarded.

By his reasoning, plenty of good men and women in countries like Japan and India and wherever else isn't Christian will go to hell simply because they aren't unnaturally drawn to something they were never really exposed to.
2004-02-09, 2:11 PM #8
*reads article...

Anger rising...
rising...
RISING!!!!!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:
By his reasoning, plenty of good men and women in countries like Japan and India and wherever else isn't Christian will go to hell simply because they aren't unnaturally drawn to something they were never really exposed to.</font>

anger subsided.

Thank you.

(and lets hope those of us who are repulsed by such a religion yet still try to be good ALSO do not burn in hell, if it does exist)

I get a bit touchy when discussing christians and their views, so, I will refrain from saying anything of interest, and simply say:

MmmmmmGOIF! O0olay biscuit Barrel.

Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-02-09, 2:19 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
He should be stabbed. And then thrown out the window. And then stepped on.

Or something. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

Hung and shot is more like it...

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo

[This message has been edited by Trigger Happy Chewie (edited February 09, 2004).]
2004-02-09, 2:24 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trigger Happy Chewie:
Hung and shot is more like it...

</font>

Yeh, but wouldnt God swoop down and save him at the very last moment? *shifty eyes*

------------------
"It was a slap in the face, how quickly I was replaced".
"Do you remember telling me you'd hold me until you died (until you died)... well you're still alive"

"I just love it when you stick your tongue in my brain, darling"
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-02-09, 2:26 PM #11
I'm Christian because I believe in Jesus, not because I believe in Christians, this guy being a prime example.

...And what's funny is that Jesus himself was not a Christian.

[This message has been edited by Checksum (edited February 09, 2004).]
2004-02-09, 2:34 PM #12
"If ya ain't human, y'er stupid!"

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-09, 2:41 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:
Jesus never threatened or insulted anyone into believing in him...</font>

But Paul did, and that's all counts, since he's the one that turned Christianity into a massive religion from an obscure Judaic movement that would have died out on its own. If it weren't for Paul, the Western world would be Mithraic.

But of course all those heathen *******s are taking a oneway trip straight to hell. Look at them in this world- India, Bangladesh, the Philippines; ain't no Jesus looking out fer them. Those Islamacists should have taken the light of Christ when given the chance in the Crusades. Hell no, they didn't. Instead, they're missing out on bikinis, beer, and bacon. In return, they take scarves, sand, and sheep. Serves them Iraqian *******s right.

------------------
I have become Death, destroyer of newbs.
Statavad-Gita 8:14
:master::master::master:
2004-02-09, 2:41 PM #14
Quote:
I'm Christian because I believe in Jesus, not because I believe in Christians, this guy being a prime example.

...And what's funny is that Jesus himself was not a Christian.

[This message has been edited by Checksum (edited February 09, 2004).]
</font>

Must...not...get...into...argument....over...semantics.....

*deep breath*

whew. Was about to have a moment there. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-09, 2:43 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stat:
But Paul did, and that's all counts, since he's the one that turned Christianity into a massive religion from an obscure Judaic movement that would have died out on its own. If it weren't for Paul, the Western world would be Mithraic.

But of course all those heathen *******s are taking a oneway trip straight to hell. Look at them in this world- India, Bangladesh, the Philippines; ain't no Jesus looking out fer them. Those Islamacists should have taken the light of Christ when given the chance in the Crusades. Hell no, they didn't. Instead, they're missing out on bikinis, beer, and bacon. In return, they take scarves, sand, and sheep. Serves them Iraqian *******s right.

</font>

Congrats on making this thread more fitting for the religious forum. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

And for the record, Paul had heavy criticisms of the church that claimed to follow Jesus, not against unbelievers. Pick up a Bible and read before you resort to blatantly uninformed commentary.

------------------
2004-02-09, 2:46 PM #16
One more thing to add - regardless of whether Paul was involved or not, there were other Christian missionaries out there. If Christianity was weak without Paul, then it would have died away after Paul died. Sorry, but saying christianity survived because of Paul is a cop out, and you are lying to yourself. Spread more slowly? Yeah, I can agree to that. Died out? Sorry, just sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

------------------
2004-02-09, 2:54 PM #17
Stat - if you're kidding that's hilarious, if you're serious then you need to go die.
2004-02-09, 3:01 PM #18
Flies. The word is flies. Not flys.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-09, 3:39 PM #19
Rather than shooting him, why not crucify him? It's more symbolic.
2004-02-09, 3:44 PM #20
Hey, come on now with that. That's insulting. Show some *($#%$ respect.

*pissed off*

------------------
2004-02-09, 3:46 PM #21
Double posting offends me.

*pissed off*
2004-02-09, 3:47 PM #22
Oh, you fixed it. Never mind.

*let's it slide*
2004-02-10, 3:25 AM #23
Here's hoping he gets transferred to flying cargo planes for the rest of his career.*

-Fox

* By cargo planes, I mean DC-3s flown by less than reputable couriers.
2004-02-10, 5:15 AM #24
I'm athiest but I fully agree with Joren's first post.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2004-02-10, 5:21 AM #25
"Look mommy its a religious debate!"
"Don't touch it son you'll get sick..."
"Okay."

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-10, 5:46 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobafett765:
That is the problem, though. A few wackos make a whole religion look bad.</font>
It's usually the wackos that get noticed, too, (on tv or whatever), so most people blindly think all Christians are that way. For example:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Clan Ruthervain:
(and lets hope those of us who are repulsed by such a religion yet still try to be good ALSO do not burn in hell, if it does exist)

I get a bit touchy when discussing christians and their views...
</font>
That was the easiest point I've ever made.

The same point goes for any other religion. For example, 9-11: "OMG! Bin Laden is Islamic, so all Muslims must be terrorist psychos! OMG! Kill all Muslims! OMG! OMG!" etc.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stat:
But Paul did, and that's all counts</font>
And you have proof of this?

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited February 10, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-10, 9:22 AM #27
I think we should round up all the christians and get some answers about this nebulous threat to our safety.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-02-10, 9:26 AM #28
Doggy, are you TRYING to get this moved to the Religious forum?
2004-02-10, 9:59 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Flies. The word is flies. Not flys.

</font>

Oops....heh heh.... looks like I need to proofread a little better....

------------------

2004-02-10, 10:01 AM #30
Quote:
Doggy, are you TRYING to get this moved to the Religious forum?</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]
He's simply defending the religion at hand from silly steriotyping. Why would that get this thread moved to the religion forum?

------------------
2004-02-10, 10:14 AM #31
A little correction, Correction. It's "Stereotyping", not "steriotyping". Actually, I don't care I just have always wanted to say "correction, Correction" [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-02-10, 10:17 AM #32
This should of been posted in the religous forum to begin with seeing as the whole topic has to do with religion.

------------------
Try not, do; or do not.
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2004-02-10, 10:21 AM #33
Frankly, other then perhaps breaking a regulation or two for AA, he was simply exercising his first admendment rights. I would also like to point out that there is some conflicting information because when I first heard this story on CNN, he never said "'If you are not, you're crazy." What he DID say is. "If you are not, I suggest you take the time to speak with those that raised their hands."

Yay to fine reporting! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

Found some more sources:
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2004-02-08-pilot-religion_x.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3472265.stm
------------------
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."

[This message has been edited by CaptBewil (edited February 10, 2004).]
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
2004-02-10, 11:18 AM #34
Quote:
Doggy, are you TRYING to get this moved to the Religious forum?</font>
No. There's no reason to move it there because that forum seems to serve the purpose of religious debate. I'm pointing out stereotyping. Nothing more.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-10, 12:58 PM #35
This wasn't meant to stir up religious debate, so that's why I put it in general discussion. If the mods want to move it, that's fine with me. I just posted it because it was an odd story.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!