Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cadets
Cadets
2004-02-09, 10:02 AM #1
I was wondering if any of you out there are or were ever in a cadet-type organization, how long you were in, and what rank did you reach or your current rank.

I Don't know what you lot call it in the states.... Kinda like Civil Air Patrol or something I think.

I was in air cadets for 5 years at 861 Squadron until I aged out last August. I was a Warrant Officer 2nd Class when I "retired"
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2004-02-09, 10:05 AM #2
No... those ROTC guys scare me.

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-02-09, 11:41 AM #3
I was an Air Cadet in Squadron 530 for a little while.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-02-09, 11:49 AM #4
i'm currently in Army JROTC and Civil Air Patrol (CAP). My rank in AJROTC is Cadet Private (E-2) and my rank in CAP is Cadet Airman Basic (E-2).

------------------
Long live the United States of America.

[This message has been edited by Patriot (edited February 09, 2004).]
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
2004-02-09, 11:53 AM #5
I plan on entering AROTC in college (which the AROTC I'm going to is in the top 20 best in the nation [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] ) and the military shortly thereafter. Okay, that didn't help you.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited February 09, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-09, 9:45 PM #6
In Australia, they used to call it Air Training Corps but now it's Air Force Cadets.
http://www.aafc.adfc.gov.au/

I was in for 3 years and retired as a sergeant. You'd probably find that the Australian and British cadet corps are fairly similar.

To stay in cadets here after you're 20 you must join the reserves, so it's not like ROTC. It's also not like the other American cadets because it's funded by the defence forces. American cadets is more like these weirdos. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
http://www.airleague.com.au/

[This message has been edited by UGG (edited February 10, 2004).]
2004-02-10, 4:00 AM #7
Yeah, that's pretty much how it's done here in Canada too. I think most of the commonwealth countries have a similar set-up.
2004-02-10, 7:31 AM #8
I was in the Civil Air Patrol for six years..'retired' as Cadet Captain. Attended two national special activities (Cadet Officer School & the E-Tech engineering program at Auburn University)..

------------------
The Truth about Bowling for Columbine
woot!
2004-02-10, 7:37 AM #9
I'm a Sergeant in the Police Exploring program; and have been for nearly a year. It's pretty cool, I know how to fingerprint, document an accident, some arrest control techniques, and a little bit of radio procedures. I got to go undercover and check local gas stations to see if they would sell alcohol to underage youth, and I got to fire an officer's Glock and Colt Commando at the firing range. Man, that rifle is cool!

------------------
Check out updates for my editing work at the Shadow Jedi Academy.
2004-02-10, 12:09 PM #10
AFJROTC - 3 years
Drill Team CC- C.Cap

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-02-10, 12:13 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Romjae:
I was in air cadets for 5 years at 861 Squadron until I aged out last August. I was a Warrant Officer 2nd Class when I "retired"</font>

Oooh, a Silverfox.

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
2004-02-10, 1:44 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BV:
Oooh, a Silverfox.

</font>

*perks eyebrow*.. Where are you from BV? and do you know anyone that was in Silverfox?
2004-02-10, 1:47 PM #13
Nah, I just looked it up and thought it was a cool name. I'm from Ontario.

------------------
The End.
~ Wolfy

↑ Up to the top!